Fully fit 17?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Fully fit 17?

Post by TT Tiger » 30 Mar 2019, 21:30

If we had our full first choice 17 how many do we need to improve on?
But firstly what is our best 17?
1 Turner
2 Minikin
3 Mata’utia
4 Shenton
5 Eden
6 Truman
7 Gale
8 Watts
9 Mcshane
10 Millington
11 JSL
12 McMeekan
13 Massey

14 Moors
15 Cook
16 Clark
17 Foster

This is what I think our strongest 17 is Milner not in it at the moment as he is a penalty machine

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Fully fit 17?

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Mar 2019, 21:36

Only change I would make to that mate is to have Clark starting he's a player I think as a big future ahead and have Milo come on from the bench
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 30 Mar 2019, 22:14

TT Tiger wrote:If we had our full first choice 17 how many do we need to improve on?
But firstly what is our best 17?
1 Turner
2 Minikin
3 Mata’utia
4 Shenton
5 Eden
6 Truman
7 Gale
8 Watts
9 Mcshane
10 Millington
11 JSL
12 McMeekan
13 Massey

14 Moors
15 Cook
16 Clark
17 Foster

This is what I think our strongest 17 is Milner not in it at the moment as he is a penalty machine
Do you know what I'd say that's pretty much bang on all id swap is Foster and jsl just think with that bench we could really try roll teams

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 31 Mar 2019, 10:34

1 Mata’utia
2 Minikin
3 New Signing
4 Shenton
5 Eden
6 Truman
7 Gale
8 Watts
9 Mcshane
10 Millington
11 Holmes
12 McMeekan
13 Massey

14 Moors
15 Cook
16 Clark
17 JSL

harsh on Foster n Milner but think thats our strongest
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 31 Mar 2019, 10:35

jackknife wrote:1 Mata’utia
2 Minikin
3 New Signing
4 Shenton
5 Eden
6 Truman
7 Gale
8 Watts
9 Mcshane
10 Millington
11 Holmes
12 McMeekan
13 Massey

14 Moors
15 Cook
16 Clark
17 JSL

harsh on Foster n Milner but think thats our strongest
If only we could get that 17 out on the field together.

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 31 Mar 2019, 10:36

tigerfeat wrote:Only change I would make to that mate is to have Clark starting he's a player I think as a big future ahead and have Milo come on from the bench
This, I’ve been saying it since we went out with a wimpier at Wigan last season.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 31 Mar 2019, 14:50

Rankin
Minikin
Mata'utia
Shenton
Eden
Trueman
Gale
Watts
McShane
Millington
McMeekan
Jesse
Holmes

Moors
Clark
Cook
Milner/Foster/Massey/Turner/Egodo/O'Neill

My thinking is we Rankin has played Full back a lot in the past and we love a ball handling full back who can join the line and pass. Full pre season with Gale and Trueman we could have the ultimate 3.
This also gives us a solid right centre in attack and defence with Pete and pushes Minikin into his better position. I've gone with Holmes at 13 as he does longer minutes than Massey and for me is the better defender.

Take your pick from the last spot on the bench but Milner, Massey and Foster could easily be in the 17 with the rest there to back up.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 31 Mar 2019, 15:58

Holmes needs to knuckle down and concentrate on improving himself as a player if you ask me. As does Milner.

Strongest 17 later.
Audacter Et Sincere

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 31 Mar 2019, 17:55

Mysterio wrote:Holmes needs to knuckle down and concentrate on improving himself as a player if you ask me. As does Milner.

Strongest 17 later.
For me oggy has been thrown in at the deepened and we haven't managed his return as good as we could have for me we should have slowly brought him back in to the team but hes played nearly ever minute since he was back fit. But I wouldn't be too far away from sending milner on another preseason to try drop a stone or so carrying weight isn't helping his game one bit imo

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 31 Mar 2019, 18:34

betts21 wrote:
Mysterio wrote:Holmes needs to knuckle down and concentrate on improving himself as a player if you ask me. As does Milner.

Strongest 17 later.
For me oggy has been thrown in at the deepened and we haven't managed his return as good as we could have for me we should have slowly brought him back in to the team but hes played nearly ever minute since he was back fit. But I wouldn't be too far away from sending milner on another preseason to try drop a stone or so carrying weight isn't helping his game one bit imo
I don’t buy it mate. Maybe a game to get timing then you’re ok, or you wouldn’t be fit to play. He’s not a massive part of the attacking arsenal and all he is meant to do is yardage and defend, run his lines, blah blah.

For me Oliver Holmes is exactly the type of player I’d be looking to move on, IF decisions have to be made to shed some guys to bring new (better) ones in. He’s not a Clark, he’s not a cook, or a watts or a Millington. But he’s a decent earner.
Just my opinion. Not saying I’m right, but if I was the coach and had to make decisions, I’d be selling Holmes, bringing Fifita in (for example, that kind of thing, or even a Savelio type player)
Audacter Et Sincere

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 31 Mar 2019, 19:07

So in your argument you compare Holmes to 4 props then suggests getting rid of him for another prop, you do know Olly Holmes is a back rower?

Out of our back rows imo i have Holmes as our 3rd best back rower behind JSL (who i like off the bench) n McMeekan just in front of Foster n Clarkson.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 31 Mar 2019, 19:26

jackknife wrote:So in your argument you compare Holmes to 4 props then suggests getting rid of him for another prop, you do know Olly Holmes is a back rower?

Out of our back rows imo i have Holmes as our 3rd best back rower behind JSL (who i like off the bench) n McMeekan just in front of Foster n Clarkson.
JSL is preferred in the middle by DP. anyone with any knowledge of DP knows this.
Foster is better than Holmes. Clarkson could quite easily be equal, And has better hands.
Savelio can be a damaging back rower too for the record.

Whomever we sign or don’t sign, replace or don’t replace, the fact is this mate :

I’d cash In on Oliver Holmes and use the money and cap more effectively. I think we could do better In this situation & regard overall with all things being equal.
Audacter Et Sincere

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 31 Mar 2019, 19:26

jackknife wrote:So in your argument you compare Holmes to 4 props then suggests getting rid of him for another prop, you do know Olly Holmes is a back rower?

Agreed.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 31 Mar 2019, 20:20

Swagger wrote:

Agreed.
I also agree, always had reservations about Oliver but to me last year, when he was finally injury free he proved his ability. Even in the games he has been criticised in recently his effort in D has been solid, the stats don’t lie!

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 31 Mar 2019, 20:44

For 2020

1. Mata'tiua
2. Minikin
3. Walker
4. Shenton
5. Eden
6. Trueman
7. Gale
8. Watts
9. Mcshane
10. Millington
11. Foster
12. McMeekan
13. Massey

14. JSL
15. Cook
16. Milner
17. Holmes
18. Clark
19. Clarkson
20. Ellis
21. Turner
22. O'Neill
23. Egodo
24. Gill

Clare, Aston, Maher release

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 31 Mar 2019, 20:55

So you are releasing 2 experienced players and 2 young players and blowing it all one player who could get injured in game 1?

You’re also retaining Egodo based on what? He hasn’t done enough to get in the first team and I just don’t see a future for him at this level.

We could have spare cash from contract renewals. As I’ve said, I’ll be wholly disappointed if we don’t get a centre, winger and first choice prop. We can’t rely on Millo to do big minutes and he’s starting to look jaded as it is. As a club we need to, and owe it to him, to manage him better.

Personally, I think we will keep Clarkson for the year but won’t retain him after this year either.

To be honest, my squad would be:

Mata’utia
New winger
New centre
Shenton
Eden
Trueman
Gale
New prop
McShane
Watts
McMeeken
Jesse
Massey

Milner
Millington
Cook
Moors
Clark
Holmes
Foster
Minikin
Ellis
Clare
Turner
Gill
O’Neill
Storey
Peachey
Carr
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 31 Mar 2019, 21:47

Pretty much agree with last 2 posts.

For me Clare, Aston, Maher, Egodo can all go.

For 2020 we should be bringing in a first choice centre, winger and prop.

Personally i like Clarkson and would have no issue in retaining him if it didn't affect the above. He's 28 and Millo, Cook and Moors are all other side of 32 next year.

Easy Tiger 2
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Easy Tiger 2 » 31 Mar 2019, 22:11

HuddsTigers wrote:So you are releasing 2 experienced players and 2 young players and blowing it all one player who could get injured in game 1?

You’re also retaining Egodo based on what? He hasn’t done enough to get in the first team and I just don’t see a future for him at this level.

We could have spare cash from contract renewals. As I’ve said, I’ll be wholly disappointed if we don’t get a centre, winger and first choice prop. We can’t rely on Millo to do big minutes and he’s starting to look jaded as it is. As a club we need to, and owe it to him, to manage him better.

Personally, I think we will keep Clarkson for the year but won’t retain him after this year either.

To be honest, my squad would be:

Mata’utia
New winger
New centre
Shenton
Eden
Trueman
Gale
New prop
McShane
Watts
McMeeken
Jesse
Massey

Milner
Millington
Cook
Moors
Clark
Holmes
Foster
Minikin
Ellis
Clare
Turner
Gill
O’Neill
Storey
Peachey
Carr
Based on the fact it’s their opinion and they’re entitled to it without you ripping it to bits

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 31 Mar 2019, 23:01

I mean I was asking a genuine question as to why he deserves a new deal to remain in the squad after this season? If we are trying to prune the squad to add value to our first team then along the trend of others being released then it looks out of place? But thanks for stopping by and trying to act hard.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 01 Apr 2019, 01:50

HuddsTigers wrote:I mean I was asking a genuine question as to why he deserves a new deal to remain in the squad after this season? If we are trying to prune the squad to add value to our first team then along the trend of others being released then it looks out of place? But thanks for stopping by and trying to act hard.
You are Theresa May and I claim my £5.or her chief advisor at least.

How’s he trying to ‘act hard’!? Have you been drinking?

He made a valid point and you’re intimating he’s trying to make you feel uncomfortable! PC gone mad.
Audacter Et Sincere