Fully fit 17?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Fully fit 17?

Post by alftupper » 01 Apr 2019, 06:51

HuddsTigers wrote:So you are releasing 2 experienced players and 2 young players and blowing it all one player who could get injured in game 1?
You seem to be advocating quantity over quality, we are talking about assembling our best 17 not the content of your posts

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 01 Apr 2019, 06:54

Mysterio wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:I mean I was asking a genuine question as to why he deserves a new deal to remain in the squad after this season? If we are trying to prune the squad to add value to our first team then along the trend of others being released then it looks out of place? But thanks for stopping by and trying to act hard.
You are Theresa May and I claim my £5.or her chief advisor at least.

How’s he trying to ‘act hard’!? Have you been drinking?

He made a valid point and you’re intimating he’s trying to make you feel uncomfortable! PC gone mad.
only a matter of time before he flounces off again Mysterio, it’s a familiar pattern.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 01 Apr 2019, 07:13

Mysterio wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:I mean I was asking a genuine question as to why he deserves a new deal to remain in the squad after this season? If we are trying to prune the squad to add value to our first team then along the trend of others being released then it looks out of place? But thanks for stopping by and trying to act hard.
You are Theresa May and I claim my £5.or her chief advisor at least.

How’s he trying to ‘act hard’!? Have you been drinking?

He made a valid point and you’re intimating he’s trying to make you feel uncomfortable! PC gone mad.
By trying to stir up something without any reason to and making a wholly unnecessary comment. This is a forum to discuss rugby - I posed a question, which I genuinely wanted to know an answer to. Are you banning discussions or questions related to rugby now?

So anyway, yeah - back to Egodo, what has he done to deserve a new deal? Genuine question.
Last edited by HuddsTigers on 01 Apr 2019, 07:21, edited 1 time in total.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 01 Apr 2019, 07:18

alftupper wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:So you are releasing 2 experienced players and 2 young players and blowing it all one player who could get injured in game 1?
You seem to be advocating quantity over quality, we are talking about assembling our best 17 not the content of your posts
I seem to be advocating getting the best squad with our cash and not blowing it all on one player when we have seen we need 2/3 decent players this year, Alf. Given you only turn up when we lose, I would have assumed you would have thought the same?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Apr 2019, 07:25

Given our right edge is embarrising with players not able to read the plays there trying to defend or make simple tackles and Egodo as hardly had a chance I wouldn't thought he would get a new contract minikin either come to that
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 01 Apr 2019, 08:06

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 01 Apr 2019, 09:22

fords wrote:Pretty much agree with last 2 posts.

For me Clare, Aston, Maher, Egodo can all go.

For 2020 we should be bringing in a first choice centre, winger and prop.

Personally i like Clarkson and would have no is in retaining him if it didn't affect the above. He's 28 and Millo, Cook and Moors are all other side of 32 next year.
should have fetch them in this year how leagues going ,any body part from top two could get dragged into a relegation battle. think we have probably one off worse teams in league at moment 8-[ 8-[

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 01 Apr 2019, 11:40

flow wrote:
fords wrote:Pretty much agree with last 2 posts.

For me Clare, Aston, Maher, Egodo can all go.

For 2020 we should be bringing in a first choice centre, winger and prop.

Personally i like Clarkson and would have no is in retaining him if it didn't affect the above. He's 28 and Millo, Cook and Moors are all other side of 32 next year.
should have fetch them in this year how leagues going ,any body part from top two could get dragged into a relegation battle. think we have probably one off worse teams in league at moment 8-[ 8-[
Can’t bring them in if up to the cap limit though. Hopefully get some savvy business done to free up what we need to sign some good, first 17 players

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 01 Apr 2019, 16:19

Mysterio wrote:
jackknife wrote:So in your argument you compare Holmes to 4 props then suggests getting rid of him for another prop, you do know Olly Holmes is a back rower?

Out of our back rows imo i have Holmes as our 3rd best back rower behind JSL (who i like off the bench) n McMeekan just in front of Foster n Clarkson.
JSL is preferred in the middle by DP. anyone with any knowledge of DP knows this.
Foster is better than Holmes. Clarkson could quite easily be equal, And has better hands.
Savelio can be a damaging back rower too for the record.

Whomever we sign or don’t sign, replace or don’t replace, the fact is this mate :

I’d cash In on Oliver Holmes and use the money and cap more effectively. I think we could do better In this situation & regard overall with all things being equal.
Think this is where you're going wrong, its not fact its your opinion which you're entitled to but not everyone shares it with you. I also believe DP has realised JSL was better in back row after not really impressing in middle.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 01 Apr 2019, 17:13

So anyway, yeah - back to Egodo, what has he done to deserve a new deal? Genuine question.[/quote]

The players seem to think egodo is lazy in training, or not the best trainer but plays well in games. Gales mentioned this onbthe full 80. The likes of webster and jy mentioned it in a few podcasts last year. So maybe the question is why isnt he trying in training? I think he could be a decent player but see him more as a winger. As a starting 17 hes nowhere near what we should be looking at unless he improves dramatically. I wish him well but i would release him on the form and attitude hes shown since hes been with us. Hes one of craig Harrison's lads soneill probably get a 5 year deal.....
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 05 Apr 2019, 22:42

Think Egodu answered the question himself tonight,would struggle to be Championship class on that performance so would agree with Fords four to go,not thinking that would free up much cap space so we may need to prune even further. Would happily give Turner a longer run at full back with Peanut going back to centre, then open the piggy bank for Fifita and a right winger.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 12 Apr 2019, 20:56

So now we pretty much have our 2020 squad signed up. How do we think we stand Vs the best in the league....If we sign back up a few players we wanna keep.
Peanut
Minikin
Cheyse Blair
Shenton
Eden
Trueman
Gale
Watts
McShane
Clark
Jesse
McMeekan
Massey

Moors
Millington
Cook
Milner
Holmes
Foster
Clarkson
Smith
Rankin?
Turner
Gill
Ellis
O'Neill
Peachey
Maher?
Egodo?
Clare?

Looks solid enough. Where do we think we need to strengthen more.

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 12 Apr 2019, 21:09

Swagger wrote:So now we pretty much have our 2020 squad signed up. How do we think we stand Vs the best in the league....If we sign back up a few players we wanna keep.
Peanut
Minikin
Cheyse Blair
Shenton
Eden
Trueman
Gale
Watts
McShane
Clark
Jesse
McMeekan
Massey

Moors
Millington
Cook
Milner
Holmes
Foster
Clarkson
Smith
Rankin?
Turner
Gill
Ellis
O'Neill
Peachey
Maher?
Egodo?
Clare?

I think we need to be ruthless and accept that while they have been great players and are still going well, Moors, Millo and Cook will be on the decline and cant be relied upon to be the force they have been. Not saying get rid but the likes of Mitch Clarke and hopefully Dan Smith can step up with Wattsy and form a similarly formidable pack. Our struggles come against big aggresive packs as was on show v Huddersfield and our struggles with the likes of Hull FC even when we were flying a couple of years ago.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Apr 2019, 21:19

New winger and prop for next season for me.

As mentioned above, we have a few forwards winding down and Millo in particular seems to be in need of more management over the next few years. Looked to be struggling in the warm up last night and he doesn’t have the same impact as you would expect in this instance as he did in his pomp of 3/4 years ago

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Apr 2019, 22:06

Cook is the opposite of on the decline he's playing better than ever I would defiantly offer him another deal
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 12 Apr 2019, 22:17

tigerfeat wrote:Cook is the opposite of on the decline he's playing better than ever I would defiantly offer him another deal
Hi Matt. . .

Na he is going great at the minute, just hope the younger forwards can step up for a big season next year. Strange one this season with the key injury to Gale and trying to replace Webster and Roberts, the right edge obviously missing those two but with Meeks returning and the new centre, hopefully the problems are solved there. If we can get our first choice side out it's formidable. Gales absence and the reliance on young Jake will stand us in good sted for when Lukes back and we have two good flanks to the team.

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 12 Apr 2019, 22:36

In reference to younger forwards , who are you referring to if I may ask ? Genuine question btw

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 13 Apr 2019, 06:37

Tigersbarmy wrote:In reference to younger forwards , who are you referring to if I may ask ? Genuine question btw
Mainly Mitch Clarke and Dan Smith who look like they are going to be responsible for phasing out the likes of Millo and Moors.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 Apr 2019, 08:47

Swagger wrote:So now we pretty much have our 2020 squad signed up. How do we think we stand Vs the best in the league....If we sign back up a few players we wanna keep.
Peanut
Minikin
Cheyse Blair
Shenton
Eden
Trueman
Gale
Watts
McShane
Clark
Jesse
McMeekan
Massey

Moors
Millington
Cook
Milner
Holmes
Foster
Clarkson
Smith
Rankin?
Turner
Gill
Ellis
O'Neill
Peachey
Maher?
Egodo?
Clare?

We need to get rid of Maher, Egodo,Ellis,Rankin,Clare and replace with 2 of better quality. No need for 30 or more in squad.