Corey Aston

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Corey Aston

Post by gateman » 19 Apr 2019, 07:11

Its been a long time coming for Aston to be given his chance, in the first half he gave a great account of himself I think in the second half he was feeling the pace of a super league game, the lad can only improve with more games at this level and should be in the team sheet on Monday

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 19 Apr 2019, 08:03

Maybe a one off but last night he showed he compliments Trueman and would be a good long term replacement for Gale. Aston follows up kicks very well and won us a drop out or two as well as not being afraid to take on the opposition.

Reminded me of a Rangi Chase type player.

Problem we now have is that if he does keep playing well and earns the starting spot for now (until Gale is back) if other clubs come calling he may leave as it took so long for Cas to give him his shot.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Apr 2019, 08:23

flow wrote:
Andrew6666 wrote:Played well tonight, another [REMOVED] signing by DP :D That shirt is his to lose now. Was it just me or did him and Truey have a real good partnership and understanding?
now just you aston looked to organise the back line better than trueman . trueman offers nothing in attack apart from is kicking game never takes the line on and looks clue less when comes to complex planned moves over rated for me. Aston be off back to Gateshead when ranking or ellis are back .we are third think reflects how poor the standards in super league as being this year so far. brough would have had a field day today against them two even at his age . Gale injury is really effecting are attacking game .
You might as well stop watching then until Gale comes back if that's your outlook on it.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Apr 2019, 08:27

You have to smile he's gone from just someone that idiot gill bought because hed not got a clue what he was doing and can't wait to end of season to get shut of him to give him a new contract quick before saints come for him
Even tho he played against a poor featherstone side on boxing day I thought he had a bit about him and deserved a chance with us having injurys in the halves
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 Apr 2019, 09:20

As a lot to prove.
One game (yesterday) don’t make him a world beater.
For a debut he did himself plenty of favours.
As plenty of speed nippy and takes the line on.
Also as no fear in hitting the big men.
He as to keep this going now if he wants to stay in the team. Would imagine he’s a shoe in for Monday.

Definitely a 8/10

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 19 Apr 2019, 10:03

Fumper27 wrote:My MoM tonight
Seconded. I picked him out as MoM about 65 minutes in.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 19 Apr 2019, 10:05

If he can be consistently as strong in D and challenge the line like he did he’s a good prospect and would deserve a starting spot ahead of Rankin for me. Needs to be a bit smarter with boot for me, but that’s experience and tbf his kicking suffered when we were in the back foot and that was just the way the game played out with so few interchanges etc

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Apr 2019, 10:05

He came in with no expectations from anyone, especially the fans and delivered a mature performance. What more do people want from a young kid who's never played Super League?

Again, you can argue had we/SL had an academy competition, he would of been able to showcase this for us, instead of being loaned out all over the place. People forget he's an experienced player, all be it in the Championship, he's played far more games than most at that age.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 19 Apr 2019, 10:20

heritage1926 wrote:He came in with no expectations from anyone, especially the fans and delivered a mature performance. What more do people want from a young kid who's never played Super League?

Again, you can argue had we/SL had an academy competition, he would of been able to showcase this for us, instead of being loaned out all over the place. People forget he's an experienced player, all be it in the Championship, he's played far more games than most at that age.
But Cory was too old for the academy 5 years ago!!!!

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 19 Apr 2019, 10:21

He’s 10 games for me to earn a new contract had a good 1st half was average 2nd half.

Plays well next 10 games sign him up for 1 more year get rid of Rankin and sign a good winger from Aus or Fiji who can go length of pitch and tackle.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Apr 2019, 10:39

Fumper27 wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:He came in with no expectations from anyone, especially the fans and delivered a mature performance. What more do people want from a young kid who's never played Super League?

Reserves sorry, not academy.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 19 Apr 2019, 10:51

heritage1926 wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:

Reserves sorry, not academy.
Yeah. Got you now. Teams need to take their reserve sides seriously. I remember going to watch Cas reserves in he early 2000s and it was just made up of amateur players who didn’t have a game that week.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 19 Apr 2019, 19:37

The lad had a great game n hope he continues to back it up but Turner had a great start to 1st team and seems to have struggled since.

Id definitely pick Aston over Rankin if he can keep playing like that.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 20 Apr 2019, 23:50

SuffolkTiger wrote:
flow wrote:
Andrew6666 wrote:Played well tonight, another [REMOVED] signing by DP :D That shirt is his to lose now. Was it just me or did him and Truey have a real good partnership and understanding?
now just you aston looked to organise the back line better than trueman . trueman offers nothing in attack apart from is kicking game never takes the line on and looks clue less when comes to complex planned moves over rated for me. Aston be off back to Gateshead when ranking or ellis are back .we are third think reflects how poor the standards in super league as being this year so far. brough would have had a field day today against them two even at his age . Gale injury is really effecting are attacking game .
A post so confusing that the late, great Sir Stanley Unwin would be applauding.....!

Empty out a tin of alphabetti spaghetti on to any flat surface and it will add more meaning to any rugby discussion than flow's latest rambling
a dick so big twice round the necky long and dangly
jo brand is eddie warings love child

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 21 Apr 2019, 00:00

i've been one of his harshest critics but he did a lot against wakey to dispel some doubts.
his defence has improved beyond all recognition but still has a lot to do. clare did very well to jump high enough to take some of his long passes and the kick that reynolds charged down was a very poor option.
but the kid showed guts i haven't seen in his previous games so yes, deffo worth another chance or two. he certainly seemed to enjoy the experience.
jo brand is eddie warings love child