Corey Aston

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigerg
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Corey Aston

Post by Tigerg » 18 Apr 2019, 22:32

A lot of people eating their words tonight. Thought he was brilliant in the first half and tough in defence all night

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 18 Apr 2019, 22:33

Plenty on here got some humble pie to eat. He was outstanding first half and would have been second half if we’d controlled the ball better. Plenty of mouth, arrogant, confident little scrum half with plenty of ability. Loved the way he was shouting and balling at his forwards and to a man they respected what he was saying!

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 18 Apr 2019, 22:39

I've seen enough from Aston tonight to suggest he's a better fit in our team than Rankin. More tenacious in defence and more direct in attack. Can read the game better too by the looks of it, i very much doubt Rankin would of been on the end of the break toll score like Corey did.

I've said it before on this forum, that the lads been chomping at the bit to play Super League and just wants game time. He let no one down tonight.
Last edited by heritage1926 on 18 Apr 2019, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Apr 2019, 22:40

My MoM tonight

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 18 Apr 2019, 22:40

For two young half backs working together for the 1st time they did well that 1st half.it was good to have an actuall half back playing half back which has let peanut go back to full back where i thort he was brilliant and that last tackle on bjb was outstanding.we seemed to have a good flow on both sides with this setup

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 18 Apr 2019, 22:45

Did a good job tonight. Stood up in defence. Took his try well. Shocker of a kick though straight at Reynolds. Could have been a game killer. But overall pleased with his efforts. He should be chuffed with himself.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Apr 2019, 22:49

Fumper27 wrote:My MoM tonight
Mine two ...should keep his place I've no doubt about that
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 18 Apr 2019, 23:02

Played well tonight, another [REMOVED] signing by DP :D That shirt is his to lose now. Was it just me or did him and Truey have a real good partnership and understanding?

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 18 Apr 2019, 23:28

Aston offered us something different with his running and he complimented truey well.i'd like to see him retain the jersey for Catalans.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 19 Apr 2019, 00:36

Did ok for a first game, especially first half but took a fee wrong options in the second. Defended well throughout though and deserves to keep his spot for Catalan.

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 19 Apr 2019, 01:01

Did a monster tackle 2nd half near the line, excellent! However was on 1872 porter so might have made this up.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 19 Apr 2019, 01:08

Andrew6666 wrote:Played well tonight, another [REMOVED] signing by DP :D That shirt is his to lose now. Was it just me or did him and Truey have a real good partnership and understanding?
now just you aston looked to organise the back line better than trueman . trueman offers nothing in attack apart from is kicking game never takes the line on and looks clue less when comes to complex planned moves over rated for me. Aston be off back to Gateshead when ranking or ellis are back .we are third think reflects how poor the standards in super league as being this year so far. brough would have had a field day today against them two even at his age . Gale injury is really effecting are attacking game .

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 19 Apr 2019, 01:46

flow wrote:
Andrew6666 wrote:Played well tonight, another [REMOVED] signing by DP :D That shirt is his to lose now. Was it just me or did him and Truey have a real good partnership and understanding?
now just you aston looked to organise the back line better than trueman . trueman offers nothing in attack apart from is kicking game never takes the line on and looks clue less when comes to complex planned moves over rated for me. Aston be off back to Gateshead when ranking or ellis are back .we are third think reflects how poor the standards in super league as being this year so far. brough would have had a field day today against them two even at his age . Gale injury is really effecting are attacking game .
:lol:

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 19 Apr 2019, 05:27

flow wrote:
A post so confusing that the late, great Sir Stanley Unwin would be applauding.....!

Empty out a tin of alphabetti spaghetti on to any flat surface and it will add more meaning to any rugby discussion than flow's latest rambling

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 19 Apr 2019, 06:56

SuffolkTiger wrote:
flow wrote:
A post so confusing that the late, great Sir Stanley Unwin would be applauding.....!

Empty out a tin of alphabetti spaghetti on to any flat surface and it will add more meaning to any rugby discussion than flow's latest rambling
:clap: I can’t quite decide if he is doing it to get a reaction or he really is that deluded.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Apr 2019, 07:11

Its been a long time coming for Aston to be given his chance, in the first half he gave a great account of himself I think in the second half he was feeling the pace of a super league game, the lad can only improve with more games at this level and should be in the team sheet on Monday

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 19 Apr 2019, 08:03

Maybe a one off but last night he showed he compliments Trueman and would be a good long term replacement for Gale. Aston follows up kicks very well and won us a drop out or two as well as not being afraid to take on the opposition.

Reminded me of a Rangi Chase type player.

Problem we now have is that if he does keep playing well and earns the starting spot for now (until Gale is back) if other clubs come calling he may leave as it took so long for Cas to give him his shot.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Apr 2019, 08:23

flow wrote:
You might as well stop watching then until Gale comes back if that's your outlook on it.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Apr 2019, 08:27

You have to smile he's gone from just someone that idiot gill bought because hed not got a clue what he was doing and can't wait to end of season to get shut of him to give him a new contract quick before saints come for him
Even tho he played against a poor featherstone side on boxing day I thought he had a bit about him and deserved a chance with us having injurys in the halves
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 Apr 2019, 09:20

As a lot to prove.
One game (yesterday) don’t make him a world beater.
For a debut he did himself plenty of favours.
As plenty of speed nippy and takes the line on.
Also as no fear in hitting the big men.
He as to keep this going now if he wants to stay in the team. Would imagine he’s a shoe in for Monday.

Definitely a 8/10