Corey Aston

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Corey Aston

Post by Jonny1975 » 28 Mar 2019, 21:47

What is the point of having him at the club, when we are 4 ( Gale, Ellis, Roberts , Rankin) halves down and he still isn't trusted to play. Instead DP would rather play players out of position rather than trust this kid to do a job. I don't know if he's up to it, but what I do know, is whatever wage he is on, no matter how big or small, we have wasted. Which could have been put to a fee to bring other players in.
I don't know who's decision it was to sign him, but it was a terrible one, considering he's not played a competitive minute in his time with us.
Real poor management, which highlights how we have regressed since 2017. Only us could do it.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Corey Aston

Post by Mucky1978 » 28 Mar 2019, 22:08

Powell lost plot

Maybe time for a change.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 28 Mar 2019, 22:14

Mucky1978 wrote:Powell lost plot

Maybe time for a change.
Oh dear

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 28 Mar 2019, 22:53

Fumper27 wrote:

Maybe time for a change.
Oh dear
Confirmed in his interview.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Mar 2019, 22:55

Mucky1978 wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:

Maybe time for a change.
Oh dear
Confirmed what in his interview.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 28 Mar 2019, 22:56

Jonny1975 wrote:What is the point of having him at the club, when we are 4 ( Gale, Ellis, Roberts , Rankin) halves down and he still isn't trusted to play. Instead DP would rather play players out of position rather than trust this kid to do a job. I don't know if he's up to it, but what I do know, is whatever wage he is on, no matter how big or small, we have wasted. Which could have been put to a fee to bring other players in.
I don't know who's decision it was to sign him, but it was a terrible one, considering he's not played a competitive minute in his time with us.
Real poor management, which highlights how we have regressed since 2017. Only us could do it.
Asto wasn't an option as we allowed him to go to Newcastle on loan, he will be there another 2 week.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 28 Mar 2019, 23:06

old cas lass wrote:
Mucky1978 wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:

Maybe time for a change.
Oh dear
Confirmed what in his interview.
Thought we played well (in 2nd half)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Mar 2019, 23:09

Maybe time for a change.
Right with the first bit his daft antics last week seemed to have a negative effect as a coach you should defend your players and take the blame yourself say what you want then in the sheds
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Derbyshiretiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Derbyshiretiger » 29 Mar 2019, 06:30

Jonny1975 wrote:What is the point of having him at the club, when we are 4 ( Gale, Ellis, Roberts , Rankin) halves down and he still isn't trusted to play. Instead DP would rather play players out of position rather than trust this kid to do a job. I don't know if he's up to it, but what I do know, is whatever wage he is on, no matter how big or small, we have wasted. Which could have been put to a fee to bring other players in.
Wasn't he part of the deal that brought Gary lo to the club?

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 29 Mar 2019, 08:57

When Rankin went down I would have given Ashton a go but have we got him on instant recall ?? as far as fans wanting to have a go at DP this is beyond me with the amount of injuries we have at the present time no coach could have done any better

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 29 Mar 2019, 14:11

gateman wrote:When Rankin went down I would have given Ashton a go but have we got him on instant recall ?? as far as fans wanting to have a go at DP this is beyond me with the amount of injuries we have at the present time no coach could have done any better
As far as I know Newcastle are not one of our dual reg clubs so Aston and Gill can't be recalled for the first month of their loan period.
Wonder if we could borrow a half from Fax our dual reg partners for a couple of weeks?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 30 Mar 2019, 22:38

Derbyshiretiger wrote:
Wasn't he part of the deal that brought Gary lo to the club?
it was never actually said that he was but i always thought it must be something to do with it.
i've been one of his biggest knockers but was impressed with his performance against fev in the pre-season friendly.
however that same fev team lost the week after to amateur team hunslet parkside which put it in perspective.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

CB5

Post by CB5 » 03 Apr 2019, 12:51

Because Powell never wanted him there. Steve Gill signed him against his wishes like he did with the sacking of Hardaker. That's why he was shown the door months later

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Apr 2019, 13:11

while powell was in australia watching the world cup ha ha ...shoudnt laugh really
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 03 Apr 2019, 13:25

Maybe this would have been his chance, he’s on loan at Newcastle, we could see him recalled for the Wakefield game which is the first time we will have been able to

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 04 Apr 2019, 20:34

More bad management by the dime bar board.

Ellis injured Gale injured Obviously new Roberts was going be let go.

So we send him out on loan for a month.

Couldn’t make it up

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 05 Apr 2019, 00:04

Perhaps but that opportunity missed for Corey opens up a door for Turner and I think we can all agree he’s the hotter prospect that we want to see get game time

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 05 Apr 2019, 08:58

Correct, I am sure there are more of us that would go with this option every time. Quite clear that Aston has no future even if we are struggling.

Thanks to club saviour that was Steve Gill.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 05 Apr 2019, 10:21

Mucky1978 wrote:More bad management by the dime bar board.

Ellis injured Gale injured Obviously new Roberts was going be let go.

So we send him out on loan for a month.

Couldn’t make it up
Wouldn't worry tbh he will be gone end of year along with Maher and maybe a few other (or at least they should be)

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 07 Apr 2019, 14:28

don't know about this weekend but he wasn't in the newcastle squad last week.
jo brand is eddie warings love child