MELTDOWN IN 5,4,3,2,1 AANNNND GO...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: MELTDOWN IN 5,4,3,2,1 AANNNND GO...

Post by duke street 10 » 24 Mar 2019, 10:23

cogito ergo sum wrote:
gateman wrote:I don't know whether I am on my own, but I enjoyed the match, we were easily 2nd best the champagne rugby Saints played was a pleasure to behold and on that form could have beat any team here or down under , every thing they did came off and Cas I am sorry to say watched them, get back on the horse on Thursday Fridays match is history lose then we should start to worry
I'm almost with you gateman, although wouldn't go so far as enjoying it. Saints were the best side I've seen down there for years and made us look like plodders. They also get themselves up for Cas games like no other because of the thrashing in the cup and the golden point game. They are injury free, mostly error-free, and they got every break in that game, which their coach admitted. Our errors and brainstorms cost us the margin of defeat.
Doesn't mean however that we do not have issues, most at half back because our star is absent, and at centre where we are making it up, but sometimes you just have to give credit and move on. Psychological test at Leeds.
Yes thinking about the match Saints were very impressive,thing is we were that very side for the most of 2017. Thursday's performance will be a real test, recovering from the game and Leeds apparent improvement yesterday.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: MELTDOWN IN 5,4,3,2,1 AANNNND GO...

Post by Sharlotiger » 24 Mar 2019, 13:10

duke street 10 wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:
gateman wrote:I don't know whether I am on my own, but I enjoyed the match, we were easily 2nd best the champagne rugby Saints played was a pleasure to behold and on that form could have beat any team here or down under , every thing they did came off and Cas I am sorry to say watched them, get back on the horse on Thursday Fridays match is history lose then we should start to worry
I'm almost with you gateman, although wouldn't go so far as enjoying it. Saints were the best side I've seen down there for years and made us look like plodders. They also get themselves up for Cas games like no other because of the thrashing in the cup and the golden point game. They are injury free, mostly error-free, and they got every break in that game, which their coach admitted. Our errors and brainstorms cost us the margin of defeat.
Doesn't mean however that we do not have issues, most at half back because our star is absent, and at centre where we are making it up, but sometimes you just have to give credit and move on. Psychological test at Leeds.
Yes thinking about the match Saints were very impressive,thing is we were that very side for the most of 2017. Thursday's performance will be a real test, recovering from the game and Leeds apparent improvement yesterday.
The real test will come when we play Saints at Magic Weekend, we have learned nothing from our encounters with them from 2018 so will we just roll over for them again or will our forwards show some bottle and get stuck into them.
Losing is one thing but constantly getting hammered by them is another.