MELTDOWN IN 5,4,3,2,1 AANNNND GO...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

MELTDOWN IN 5,4,3,2,1 AANNNND GO...

Post by bane73 » 22 Mar 2019, 22:41

This is gonna be funny...
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: MELTDOWN IN 5,4,3,2,1 AANNNND GO...

Post by Swagger » 22 Mar 2019, 22:44

Ahhhh nevermind. I still remember the days Saints and Sean Long would put 70 past us at Knowsley Road. At least we ain't that bad.

Fans would be seen doing conga around their ground back then.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 22 Mar 2019, 22:49

Saints were good and we were poor. But form is always temporary. Last season Saints blew everyone away, but didn’t even make a final. These days, it’s about winning enough games to get to the knock-out stages and then playing well in the winner-takes-all games.
In 2017, we did what Saints are doing and didn’t win anything. This included putting 60+ on a Leeds team and beating them 3 times in the regular season before they beat us in the grand final.
Nothing is won in March. We’ll win enough games to put us in with a chance come October. The key is to make sure we perform in those games. It’s never nice to lose, but it’s not season ending.
And I wouldn’t fancy playing us next week.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 22 Mar 2019, 22:51

nottinghamtiger wrote:Saints were good and we were poor. But form is always temporary. Last season Saints blew everyone away, but didn’t even make a final. These days, it’s about winning enough games to get to the knock-out stages and then playing well in the winner-takes-all games.
In 2017, we did what Saints are doing and didn’t win anything. This included putting 60+ on a Leeds team and beating them 3 times in the regular season before they beat us in the grand final.
Nothing is won in March. We’ll win enough games to put us in with a chance come October. The key is to make sure we perform in those games. It’s never nice to lose, but it’s not season ending.
We are miles off Saints and Wire, play them now or the Grand final we lose.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 22 Mar 2019, 22:53

IMO fans have every right to have a pop tonight. We've played the top 2 teams in the league, the 2 teams everyone keeps saying we need to compete with and we've been well beaten on both occassions. Its a case of were better than the teams below us, but not good enough for the ones currently above us.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 22 Mar 2019, 22:54

westerbeast wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:Saints were good and we were poor. But form is always temporary. Last season Saints blew everyone away, but didn’t even make a final. These days, it’s about winning enough games to get to the knock-out stages and then playing well in the winner-takes-all games.
I’m pretty sure Leeds supporters thought the same in 2017. They were miles behind us at this point that season, but won the grand final.
Not sure how anyone can predict who will be in form by October. Saints crumbled last year after bossing the regular rounds.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 22 Mar 2019, 22:56

nottinghamtiger wrote:
westerbeast wrote:
I’m pretty sure Leeds supporters thought the same in 2017. They were miles behind us at this point that season, but won the grand final.
Not sure how anyone can predict who will be in form by October. Saints crumbled last year after bossing the regular rounds.
Are you really that deluded.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 22 Mar 2019, 22:57

agreed NT, I don’t like it but the current competition structure almost makes form and results at the early part of the season meaningless. It’s a competition where a team can finish 5th and be 10 points plus behind the league leaders and still be called Champions.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 22 Mar 2019, 22:59

Cas will be no where near a final this Year unless there's some new players added to the centre/wing position and quality players not make shift.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 22 Mar 2019, 23:00

We wanted to put a real marker down tonite and we have. Saints and Wire are in a different class to any other sides in the league.
We just can't compete with Saints power and pace and lets not forget this isn't a one off it happens time and time again.
Lets look forward to our next dose of realism at the Magic Weekend.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 22 Mar 2019, 23:03

westerbeast wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
westerbeast wrote:
I’m not sure what’s delusional. In 2017 we beat Leeds 66-10 in March. They went on to beat us in the grand final. That’s just a fact.
Saints won the LLS in 2018 but didn’t even make the GF, getting beat in the semi final by the team who finished in 4th - 15 points behind them in the regular season. Again, that’s just a fact.
In the current format, you need to be in those knock-out games at the end of the season and then peak.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 22 Mar 2019, 23:05

The players didn't look like they believed they could win from minute 1 in my opinion.

Tonight was a big game,to show our big game mentality... but we mentally crumbled.

Can't imagine many will travel to Anfield to watch a repeat of that in May to be honest.

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 22 Mar 2019, 23:10

Its not a meltdown ....its clear that we have a mental issue in big games especially against Sts.

We have been beat 12 of 15 home games against Sts....our record against them is plain to see ...... Cas are mentally weak ..I would go as far as saying we are beat before a ball is kicked the majority of the times we play Sts.

I dont understand why we play so well against every other team but constantly put in embarrassing performances against them...and boy did we bottle it again tonight

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 22 Mar 2019, 23:10

westerbeast wrote:Cas will be no where near a final this Year unless there's some new players added to the centre/wing position and quality players not make shift.
Can't keep blaming bad performances on the backs

They'll do naff all if the pack doesn't stand up and be counted
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 22 Mar 2019, 23:16

the machine wrote:
westerbeast wrote:Cas will be no where near a final this Year unless there's some new players added to the centre/wing position and quality players not make shift.

Think you'll find a lot of tries scored in the corners these days so backs defence counts a lot. Don't see many forwards doing try saving tackles in the corners.

Jenson

Post by Jenson » 22 Mar 2019, 23:34

westerbeast wrote:
the machine wrote:

Think you'll find a lot of tries scored in the corners these days so backs defence counts a lot. Don't see many forwards doing try saving tackles in the corners.

The spaces out wide come off the back of saints dominating us down the middle. Quick play of the balls meaning players having to push in thus creating space outside. In my opinion the team as a whole weren't cohesive and saints are a benchmark which we aren't near.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 22 Mar 2019, 23:36

Jenson wrote:
westerbeast wrote:
the machine wrote:

The spaces out wide come off the back of saints dominating us down the middle
Exactly
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 22 Mar 2019, 23:36

westerbeast wrote:
the machine wrote:

Didnt see many forwards making try saving tackles down the middle either!
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 22 Mar 2019, 23:38

nottinghamtiger wrote:
westerbeast wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
westerbeast wrote:
I’m not sure what’s delusional. In 2017 we beat Leeds 66-10 in March. They went on to beat us in the grand final. That’s just a fact.
Saints won the LLS in 2018 but didn’t even make the GF, getting beat in the semi final by the team who finished in 4th - 15 points behind them in the regular season. Again, that’s just a fact.
In the current format, you need to be in those knock-out games at the end of the season and then peak.
This... exactly this!

Would you rather lose this game and be average all year but do something at the end or win all year and do naff all at the business end?

It’s how they respond that counts, while since I’ve felt like that at a game tho!

Maverick1

Post by Maverick1 » 22 Mar 2019, 23:53

Doesn't take long does it?