Powell

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Powell

Post by Aid » 24 Mar 2019, 20:16

After the Salford game I would have had Clare back in the team for Friday night. Would also have kept Jessie in the starting line up.
Bench would have been Milner, Cook, Foster and Holmes.

Not saying that would have made a whole lot of difference. But at least you lot would have a whipping boy to moan about!
cum on you Ford

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 25 Mar 2019, 13:54

As you'd expect following a horror show like that, there are lots of threads and posts making suggestions, etc. but for me, it just goes to prove that if you stand still, you actually go backwards.

Even Saints proved that you have to continually move forward to stand any chance of winning and the lack of new signings at Cas is now showing the obvious results.

I'm well aware we have no spare cash but the fact is, by continually reviewing your team and making the necessary changes, you lose someone who may well have played ok and been very loyal and replace them with an improvement. This should be part of Jon wells' job description (working with Powell) and for me, so far he's failed.

We are going backwards...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 25 Mar 2019, 14:21

We have stood still at wrist, the difference is teams are paying marquee money for good players but not world class.

Leeds have theirs. As do wire, saints, Wigan. Even Salford passing big money for Hastings.

We won't as DP and the club don't want it. Never mind can we afford it to lose good players to pay for it.

Would you be happy losing, watts, millo and moors to sign merrin? Not for me, to much risk. I'd seriously think it over for Sam Burgess though!

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 27 Mar 2019, 15:00

mart0042 wrote:We have stood still at wrist, the difference is teams are paying marquee money for good players but not world class.

Leeds have theirs. As do wire, saints, Wigan. Even Salford passing big money for Hastings.

We won't as DP and the club don't want it. Never mind can we afford it to lose good players to pay for it.

Would you be happy losing, watts, millo and moors to sign merrin? Not for me, to much risk. I'd seriously think it over for Sam Burgess though!
Daryl is not ever going to come out and say ‘the club won’t let me buy marquee players to take us where I know we could reach and grow our crowds to 10k average at least in the process’ is he?

Or even worse, hint at it with however veiled digs.

That would make his role untenable - something neither party wants, nor the fans.

Make no mistake - Daryl would be more than happy to sign marquee players on quality men. Not just players, guys who would come in and lift our mentality too. The fact must be that he is not allowed to.

In my opinion.
Audacter Et Sincere

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 27 Mar 2019, 15:08

Which coach in their right mind would not want to sign the best of the best, obviously we don't have the cash to do it and probably never will.
🐯 COYF!

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 27 Mar 2019, 15:35

Not many of the players who have come in under the marquee tag, are doing that great for the big wage they are getting, for me only Austin is worthy of marquee states.

We have a good solid squad, and we aren't breaking the bank, and third in the table. We paid big money out to payers when Vandervelde, was in charge, but when the money had gone, he left taking the backbone of the team with him, leaving Cas with no decent players, and no money to spend.

Would fans want the club to do a Viv Nick, and spend, spend, spend on players, to appease some fans, and once again skirt with administration, or even bankruptcy .Some are forgetting the club still have a very large debt.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 27 Mar 2019, 15:52

Frankas wrote:Not many of the players who have come in under the marquee tag, are doing that great for the big wage they are getting, for me only Austin is worthy of marquee states.

We have a good solid squad, and we aren't breaking the bank, and third in the table. We paid big money out to payers when Vandervelde, was in charge, but when the money had gone, he left taking the backbone of the team with him, leaving Cas with no decent players, and no money to spend.

Would fans want the club to do a Viv Nick, and spend, spend, spend on players, to appease some fans, and once again skirt with administration, or even bankruptcy .Some are forgetting the club still have a very large debt.

To be fair frankas, it’s not about spending big marquee money, it’s about filling positions which we knew 6/7 months ago we needed to fill.
But we’ve done it again, brought no one in, now we are leaking tries like a burst pipe.
It’s fine saying well we are 3rd in the league.....how long for.
It just doesn’t seem plausible we are mirroring 2019 like we did 2018.
Do we not learn from our mistakes, obviously not.

If we go down tomorrow v Leeds I can see the fans getting on the managements back.
And turn against the club due to lack of thought in the off season to get a right sided center.

Let’s hope we win and that won’t happen.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 27 Mar 2019, 15:58

Powell saw Minikin as Websters replacement that's why he didn't bring anyone in
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 27 Mar 2019, 16:04

the machine wrote:Powell saw Minikin as Websters replacement that's why he didn't bring anyone in

Well he got that one wrong, exactly as he did at full back with half a dozen players trying it out, until he saw sense and brought matautia in.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 27 Mar 2019, 16:31

old cas lass wrote:
the machine wrote:Powell saw Minikin as Websters replacement that's why he didn't bring anyone in

Well he got that one wrong, exactly as he did at full back with half a dozen players trying it out, until he saw sense and brought matautia in.
Never going to get every decision right is he?
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 27 Mar 2019, 17:08

the machine wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

Funny how he is " best coach in SL" and yet couldnt see what every other RL fan could regarding FB and Centre positions at Cas

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 27 Mar 2019, 17:36

fords wrote:
the machine wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

Funny how he is " best coach in SL" and yet couldnt see what every other RL fan could regarding FB and Centre positions at Cas
But is his hands been tied by the Lard arses :?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Mar 2019, 17:45

Yes he made a mistake on Roberts at full -back but that player never helped him out at all Roberts had played many times at full-back before I just don't think he wanted to play there
Without wanting to be accused again of thinking everything Powell does is correct ...Wigan will be after a new coach shortly it wouldn't surprise me at all if they tried to get Powell if he went within a very short space of time it would be apparent what a massive loss he was to cas
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 27 Mar 2019, 21:32

With you on that Tiger feet.
We know he's not the messiah.
He does not portray himself as some coaches do.
He can't work miracles.
But he does a very good job.
Even the in the knows don't know the ins and outs of the club.
What constraints there are.
What is said to players in private.
It's always a risk.
Webbo the walking wounded.
Watt's the penalty machine,
Let alone the bargain basement London acquisitions.
The niffty swap that saw Macca come our way.
Stating the obvious.
People have to work to budgets.
Players have contracts.
Businesses do not disclose all.
Mistakes happen.
Players want to be where the facilities are.
Where trophies are won
Such a culture and perceptions take time.
Even then it might not happen.
I cannot remember Powell stating we are the finished article.
He does l think subscribe to self belief makes a difference.
As some of our contemporaries have proved.
We must all be mad spending our hard earned cash week after week, year after year.
See you all tomorrow.
When we yet again beat the mighty Rhino's.
COYF

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 28 Mar 2019, 22:49

Powell as lost the plot happy with that performance god help us.

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 29 Mar 2019, 08:51

Mucky1978 wrote:Powell as lost the plot happy with that performance god help us.
Funny how you joined 2 days before the Grand Final of 17 and have been largely inactive, other to stick the knife in around times Cas have played Leeds. Why don't you go enjoy your win instead of coming on here you sad little cretin. How the mighty have fallen that your biggest game is now against little old Cas. Enjoy the relegation battle.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 29 Mar 2019, 08:56

Dixie D wrote:
Mucky1978 wrote:Powell as lost the plot happy with that performance god help us.
Funny how you joined 2 days before the Grand Final of 17 and have been largely inactive, other to stick the knife in around times Cas have played Leeds. Why don't you go enjoy your win instead of coming on here you sad little cretin. How the mighty have fallen that your biggest game is now against little old Cas. Enjoy the relegation battle.
Been going since 88 pal

1st game cas 20-10 Saints

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 29 Mar 2019, 09:00

Mucky1978 wrote:
Dixie D wrote:
Been going since 88 pal

You fully deserved to win last night, we will be fine. Have a lovely day

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 29 Mar 2019, 09:29

Dixie D wrote:
Mucky1978 wrote:
Dixie D wrote:
Been going since 88 pal

Aww bless people can’t have an opinion

princeka01
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by princeka01 » 29 Mar 2019, 09:54

Mucky1978 wrote:
Dixie D wrote:
Mucky1978 wrote:
Dixie D wrote:
Been going since 88 pal

Aww bless people can’t have an opinion

Sorry but calling someone a sad little cretin over putting their opinion is out of order... the original comment i agree with ...it was a poor performance.. i also dont post much on here so i suppose it makes me and any other fan who agrees a rhinos fan?

Too many keyboard warriors on here... take the loss on the chin like the rest of us