Our Right Hand Side

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Our Right Hand Side

Post by Tiger53 » 17 Mar 2019, 20:40

Just wondering for all the coaches that said ‘ Minikin is a better winger, let’s get Foster in the centre and Minikin on the wing’

How do you think that went ?

My assessment is:

Foster is not a centre he’s a (good) back row man.

Of our current squad Minikin is our most likely centre. In the long-term he could be a very good one and centre will prove to be his position.

We do need 1 other class threequarter.

Comments and, no doubt, flak please.

Glad Daryl’s in charge.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Our Right Hand Side

Post by Dez » 17 Mar 2019, 20:45

You win the prize for stating the obvious.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 17 Mar 2019, 20:48

Egodo is a centre I think he should have had a run today. He isn’t going to get one next week against sts

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Mar 2019, 20:50

Tiger53 wrote:Just wondering for all the coaches that said ‘ Minikin is a better winger, let’s get Foster in the centre and Minikin on the wing’

How do you think that went ?

My assessment is:

Foster is not a centre he’s a (good) back row man.

Of our current squad Minikin is our most likely centre. In the long-term he could be a very good one and centre will prove to be his position.

We do need 1 other class threequarter.

Comments and, no doubt, flak please.

Glad Daryl’s in charge.
Lol
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Mar 2019, 21:07

We've found ourselves with on one side of the field Clare and minikin who are neither good enough foster who is never a centre egodo who might be good enough but properly not and gill who is almost certainly the best prospect of the lot out on loan somewhere ....and yes Powell is by far the best coach in England
Vince Lombardi

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 17 Mar 2019, 21:30

Dez wrote:You win the prize for stating the obvious.
Not sure it was that obvious to some before today.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Mar 2019, 21:56

Foster is usually defensively solid but looking at the highlights, some of his efforts were pretty poor.

That being said I think most of the tries Salford scored today were poor. The Lussick one was just as bad and that was through our middle.

On that basis, I’m not going to single out one side of our team. There were a few players across the park who were far from brill and only a few stood out.

Marked improvement needed and possibly a few changes next week to make, Millo being one.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Mar 2019, 22:05

Need better one on one tackles to stick.
Couple of players were flapping in stead of hitting them hard.
Back to the defensive drawing board this week.

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 18 Mar 2019, 08:09

I would suggest that last week although Clare was singled out the whole shape of our right edge was a mess collectively and Warrington continually exploited this. I would say yesterday as a unit it looked better but individual one on one errors cost us the try’s. Even with the brilliance at times from Hastings, we still had the numbers to deal with it but didn’t. If the individual errors can be sorted I would say that’s progress. Maybe anyway!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 18 Mar 2019, 09:10

daytona wrote:I would suggest that last week although Clare was singled out the whole shape of our right edge was a mess collectively and Warrington continually exploited this. I would say yesterday as a unit it looked better but individual one on one errors cost us the try’s. Even with the brilliance at times from Hastings, we still had the numbers to deal with it but didn’t. If the individual errors can be sorted I would say that’s progress. Maybe anyway!
Spot on with that assessment

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Mar 2019, 09:17

Did anyone think our defensive line speed was slow.
We seem to stand still and let Salford come at us.
We really needed to get more in there faces and close the space down for them to explore.
Their defensive speed was far quicker than ours.
Just an observation I made, I was constantly shouting get into their faces.

I’ve watched the try highlights and some of that defencive effort on our right was woeful.
We really need to get our act together for Friday or it could be a nightmare.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Mar 2019, 09:19

Talk about soft try's how about the one they scored from acting half back ??

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 18 Mar 2019, 09:22

gateman wrote:Talk about soft try's how about the one they scored from acting half back ??

All of there tries were soft. Its just our right side is worst its been for years

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 18 Mar 2019, 09:24

daytona wrote:I would suggest that last week although Clare was singled out the whole shape of our right edge was a mess collectively and Warrington continually exploited this. I would say yesterday as a unit it looked better but individual one on one errors cost us the try’s. Even with the brilliance at times from Hastings, we still had the numbers to deal with it but didn’t. If the individual errors can be sorted I would say that’s progress. Maybe anyway!
I was going to say something very similar, It was mainly one on one individual error's that seemed to cost us yesterday than the whole side been 'weak'.

I think if you replayed some of those sets again you wouldn't have people like foster bumping off tackles, just one of those games

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Mar 2019, 09:33

I agree RE Foster over the past games he as played he as nullified the opposite centre a bad day at the office yesterday, lets hope he gets back on the horse on Friday as both the Saints centres are class

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 18 Mar 2019, 10:33

gateman wrote:I agree RE Foster over the past games he as played he as nullified the opposite centre a bad day at the office yesterday, lets hope he gets back on the horse on Friday as both the Saints centres are class
I appreciate your faith in a player but simple he is not a centre and never will be . But with a bit off bad judgement by powell or who holds the purse strings, we decided we did not need a couple off more decent outside backs so were left with very little choice. If shenton gets injured or starts under performing again we really are up the old creak with out a paddle in the backs and that my friend is not the way to win a championship . 8-[ 8-[

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Mar 2019, 10:54

Flow we all know we need a centre , but at this moment in time we have to go with what we have , Foster on his day tackles like a demon , and for me he should play against Saints

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 Mar 2019, 11:11

flow wrote:
gateman wrote:I agree RE Foster over the past games he as played he as nullified the opposite centre a bad day at the office yesterday, lets hope he gets back on the horse on Friday as both the Saints centres are class
I appreciate your faith in a player but simple he is not a centre and never will be . But with a bit off bad judgement by powell or who holds the purse strings, we decided we did not need a couple off more decent outside backs so were left with very little choice. If shenton gets injured or starts under performing again we really are up the old creak with out a paddle in the backs and that my friend is not the way to win a championship . 8-[ 8-[
I wouldn't say it was bad judgement by DP, maybe he wasn't expecting losing 2 halfbacks before a ball was kicked and then another in game 2. We can't do with just truey and had to act.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 18 Mar 2019, 11:32

mart0042 wrote:
flow wrote:
I appreciate your faith in a player but simple he is not a centre and never will be . But with a bit otff bad judgement by powell or who holds the purse strings, we decided we did not need a couple off more decent outside backs so were left with very little choice. If shenton gets injured or starts under performing again we really are up the old creak with out a paddle in the backs and that my friend is not the way to win a championship . 8-[ 8-[
I wouldn't say it was bad judgement by DP, maybe he wasn't expecting losing 2 halfbacks before a ball was kicked and then another in game 2. We can't do with just truey and had to act.
Please tell me what losing half back. Is to do with centre position

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Mar 2019, 11:44

Swapping Wardle for Rankin but there's a problem with that thinking as Wardle never played for cas like he did that game when giants played pie eaters
Vince Lombardi