Cas Tigers' shop - customer service!?!

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Darnsarf

Re: Cas Tigers' shop - customer service!?!

Post by Darnsarf » 10 Mar 2019, 22:10

HuddsTigers wrote:
Darnsarf wrote:Actually I think it is to do with customer service (and reputation management). Does the club want to be viewed as one which sticks to the letter of the law regardless of the individual circumstances or does it want to be one which recognises that a little flexibility will go a long way in building a reputation as a customer friendly organisation and will build sales on the back of consumer confidence? You never know, empowering their staff to use their discretion may actually pay dividends in the long run :roll:

The other way of viewing this is that do we want to pander to fans who want everything, lose money and end up having to cover costs on giving refunds and damaged stock bought months ago or do we want that to go to on the field to keep us at the top end of a table.

Cas is a business, not a charity.
Exactly my point!
Refuse to exchange - don't have the cost of the replacement but lose any future revenue from sales to that customer
Agree to exchange - have the cost of the replacement item but probably ensure future revenues from a satisfied customer.
It's a risk, yes, but business is all about risks and in my view the long term business benefits from a satisfied customer outweigh the risk that the disgruntled customer would carry on buying in the future even without getting a replacement. In this case a £10 cost against possibly hundreds of £ of lost future revenue. After all, they didn't as for a refund!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 10 Mar 2019, 22:16

Darnsarf wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Darnsarf wrote:Actually I think it is to do with customer service (and reputation management). Does the club want to be viewed as one which sticks to the letter of the law regardless of the individual circumstances or does it want to be one which recognises that a little flexibility will go a long way in building a reputation as a customer friendly organisation and will build sales on the back of consumer confidence? You never know, empowering their staff to use their discretion may actually pay dividends in the long run :roll:

The other way of viewing this is that do we want to pander to fans who want everything, lose money and end up having to cover costs on giving refunds and damaged stock bought months ago or do we want that to go to on the field to keep us at the top end of a table.

Cas is a business, not a charity.
Exactly my point!
Refuse to exchange - don't have the cost of the replacement but lose any future revenue from sales to that customer
Agree to exchange - have the cost of the replacement item but probably ensure future revenues from a satisfied customer.
It's a risk, yes, but business is all about risks and in my view the long term business benefits from a satisfied customer outweigh the risk that the disgruntled customer would carry on buying in the future even without getting a replacement. In this case a £10 cost against possibly hundreds of £ of lost future revenue. After all, they didn't as for a refund!
But not if said customer continues to return old items for new ones because he/she can. And then everyone else starts to do the same.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 11 Mar 2019, 01:37

the receipt rule was brought in due to stop shoplifters nicking stuff then bringing it back and asking for a refund.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

pomfretian
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by pomfretian » 11 Mar 2019, 13:35

As the original poster I see both points of view and I am not an individual who wears things for months and then returns them. I post on here very infrequently but have been a member for many years, that is the same approach / persona I would like to think I have shown in taking back an, as brand new, shirt that the stitching has come away from after I wore it once on a pool type holiday. I would not wear this type of shirt at any other time (I am of a 'mature' age...) and I believe the facts were there and plain to see.

I consider my genuine case has been tainted and 'lumped in' with every other miscreants' attempt to get something for 'nowt' and I am somewhat a victim of an inflexible returns policy, whereas some common sense and a manager's discretion would have resolved this and I would continue as I have done over the preceding 30+ years buying merchandise, which I won't do from now on.

For the record, the chap was the regular store manager.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 15 Mar 2019, 10:22

Disgusting.
Audacter Et Sincere

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 15 Mar 2019, 10:52

Slightly off topic but still to do with the store (in Xscape). I walked passed yesterday and they’re advertising tickets to the Warrington game from last week. Surely, with the foot traffic that passes the stores each day, they should be on the ball with regards to pushing tickets for upcoming games???

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 15 Mar 2019, 12:48

Fumper27 wrote:Slightly off topic but still to do with the store (in Xscape). I walked passed yesterday and they’re advertising tickets to the Warrington game from last week. Surely, with the foot traffic that passes the stores each day, they should be on the ball with regards to pushing tickets for upcoming games???
I go in there for my away tickets and they are a fairly nice bunch in there, however not the sharpest tools in the box. A couple of them have said how quiet the shop is in general and feel they'd do a lot better over at the outlet, but aren't allowed over there as you need to offer permanent discounts to be considered.

yellow_t-shirt
Twitter: @boarderman_xoncrene

Post by yellow_t-shirt » 15 Mar 2019, 13:23

Fumper27 wrote:Slightly off topic but still to do with the store (in Xscape). I walked passed yesterday and they’re advertising tickets to the Warrington game from last week. Surely, with the foot traffic that passes the stores each day, they should be on the ball with regards to pushing tickets for upcoming games???
Slightly on this topic, one thing that really annoys me is that one of our sponsors is a signage company and yet we still have players wearing last years strip on the front of the shop....and not to mention one player who doesn't even play for us any more #-o

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 15 Mar 2019, 13:48

yellow_t-shirt wrote:
Slightly on this topic, one thing that really annoys me is that one of our sponsors is a signage company and yet we still have players wearing last years strip on the front of the shop....and not to mention one player who doesn't even play for us any more #-o
That shows how much notice I take - I've never noticed that :oops:

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Mar 2019, 14:13

I was going to say there's a lot more than one old player but that's the one outside the shop in Carlton lanes sure luke dorn is still on that one lol
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi