Clarkson

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Clarkson

Post by yorky » 26 Feb 2019, 11:41

SREGITSAC wrote:
yorky wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:Our top tackler on Saturday night
who was our top tackler?
The subject of the thread is Clarkson
and threads never move off topic ](*,)

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 27 Feb 2019, 11:01

He looked really tired but kept going. No frills but puts a shift in.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 27 Feb 2019, 12:09

mart0042 wrote:He looked really tired but kept going. No frills but puts a shift in.
He will need to do another big stint on Friday

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 27 Feb 2019, 12:24

fords wrote:
mart0042 wrote:He looked really tired but kept going. No frills but puts a shift in.
With hindsight it’s a good job we got him. Understandabley some questioned whether we actually needed him with all the other forwards we have!!!!!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 27 Feb 2019, 13:53

orrsome wrote:
fords wrote:
With hindsight it’s a good job we got him. Understandabley some questioned whether we actually needed him with all the other forwards we have!!!!!
Certainly is, gonna be needed for next month and we have to hope no more get injured as we have nobody left apart from the under 19 kids

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Mar 2019, 23:03

I read a bit of the cas magazine before the game Powell had written a piece one of the things he said was for him coaching is
about spotting talent then helping it improve Clarkson with fall into that bracket the solo try he scored will be one of the highlights of the season think he may have played all the match as well never saw him come of anyway a few weeks ago he didn't have a club and was considering another form of employment tells you all you need to now about Powell that couple of games in Clarkson can put in a performance like that
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 02 Mar 2019, 10:49

tigerfeat wrote:I read a bit of the cas magazine before the game Powell had written a piece one of the things he said was for him coaching is
about spotting talent then helping it improve Clarkson with fall into that bracket the solo try he scored will be one of the highlights of the season think he may have played all the match as well never saw him come of anyway a few weeks ago he didn't have a club and was considering another form of employment tells you all you need to now about Powell that couple of games in Clarkson can put in a performance like that
His try was awesome, you could see how pleased the players were for him with the celebration. Great to see.

And yes he did 80mins. Turning out to be a cracking buy

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Mar 2019, 10:59

I was stood at the back of the sticks, the aggression on his face to get over the line was a joy to see.
He really wanted that try and nobody was stopping him, not even the kr player clinging to his neck as took him over the line with him.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 02 Mar 2019, 11:08

From top tackler in his first game in donkeys, to showing some real aggression in attack in his second game! I was so pleased for him and against the club that dropped him must have been the icing on the cake for him!

And of course knowing that the opinion of some were that he offers nothing in attack :lol:

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 02 Mar 2019, 12:26

Ironic thing is, KR looked like the team last night that could of done with a Clarkson in there side.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Mar 2019, 12:31

Walking back up lane after game.
I had some kr fans behind me.
If McGuire’s ears weren’t burning.
They were calling him from a pig to a dog.
Some of the words I can put on here is over rated money grabbing barstewart, wishing he’d P off, there were far worse but I’d get a ban. They weren’t very happy with him at all. I was tittering to myself.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 02 Mar 2019, 14:02

80 mins and a fantastic try. Take a bow lad. The most pleasing thing with Clarkson, though, is how quickly he seems to have become 'one of the boys' and he looks like he really wants to be here. Powells wand waves again!

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 02 Mar 2019, 14:13

derbystiger wrote:80 mins and a fantastic try. Take a bow lad. The most pleasing thing with Clarkson, though, is how quickly he seems to have become 'one of the boys' and he looks like he really wants to be here. Powells wand waves again!
Do you mean Craig Harrisons wand?

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 02 Mar 2019, 14:59

Sharlotiger wrote:
derbystiger wrote:80 mins and a fantastic try. Take a bow lad. The most pleasing thing with Clarkson, though, is how quickly he seems to have become 'one of the boys' and he looks like he really wants to be here. Powells wand waves again!

Don’t talk wet. Powell wouldn’t have any and all of his clients.
Do you truly believe Powell signs players because Harrison tells him he must? The mind boggles. Sincerely.
Audacter Et Sincere

Davc1h

Post by Davc1h » 02 Mar 2019, 16:17

Agree 100%. The way the other players celebrated his try was a joy to behold. I sense there is a fair amount of team spirit within that squad. It was the same last week when Watts and Rankin scored.

They must not believe the negativity of certain people on here. :D :D

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 02 Mar 2019, 16:21

Mysterio wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:

Don’t talk wet. Powell wouldn’t have any and all of his clients.
Do you truly believe Powell signs players because Harrison tells him he must? The mind boggles. Sincerely.
I mean Powell didn't go looking for Clarkson so lets give credit where credit is due. The man who finds our talent is Mr.Harrison the agent we have a very good relationship with.....

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 02 Mar 2019, 19:19

i was chuffed to bits for the lad when he scored the try. like others have said the rest of the players made a real fuss of him but i thought the WRE gave him a special cheer as he walked back. he certainly didn't leave anything on the pitch, was shattered at the end.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 02 Mar 2019, 23:51

Very early days
However thus far I know it is two games, however it seems another of Darlys inspired signings.
Lots of people in all walks of life at some point can loose their motivation.
They do not loose their ability.
It just needs someone or something to rekindle that motivation.
Mr Powell seems to have that ability.
Most people want to achieve, realise their potential, self satisfaction and feeling valued.
The culture of the club seems to realise and promote this.
Last night's performance by the lad may be the time he realises what he was missing, not only that it provides healthy competition and reduces complacency.
Ran his blood to water and capped it with a stand out try.
I hope he continues in this vein making great competition for being in the starting seventeen.
I think healthy competition is motivational, whereas the marquee concept can cause disharmony.
Looking forward to next Thursday and hope we can turn over Wire and persuade some of our own doubters to believe in the Powell approach.
So many injuries, so much expectation..
I keep saying it has there ever been a better time to be a Cas Fan.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 03 Mar 2019, 09:06

Agree 100%. The way the other players celebrated his try was a joy to behold. I sense there is a fair amount of team spirit within that squad. It was the same last week when Watts and Rankin scored.
This ^^

I noticed this also. This fighting spirit went missing at the back end of 2018. Lets hope it's here to stay.

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 03 Mar 2019, 10:44

flow wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Swagger wrote:Didn't do nothing special but played solid enough. Definitely a solid back up but a full fit McMeekan and Jesse is our best back row. Foster and Clarkson as the back ups we must be real happy with.
Bit like Alex Foster when he first joined the club?? I’ve high hopes for CC to be a regular in the 17 come seasons end....
if we have have fully fit pack no chance pal who's place his he going to take
On the stats sheet there was a clear standout this round - congrats @chrisclarkson00 CTS MOTM for Round 4.

A try that was HARDCORE
Most tackles
Most marker tackles
Most Tackle busts
Highest avg gain per carry

#castigers #coyf #classycas https://t.co/kHTDKTGXQ2

I'll just leave this here.....