Clarkson

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Clarkson

Post by flow » 15 Feb 2019, 21:07

TT Tiger wrote:
flow wrote:
tigertragic wrote:Great signing who I reckon could be the next matt Cook.

Unwanted, seen great teams from the inside, aggressive large player with a pass in him.

Daryl has a new cadaver to mould
Hope dont turn out to be another green we seam to have a soft side and give guys chance who nobody else wants maybe because there cheap.
If he wasn’t good enough he’d be on his way like green, crossley if he’s done a trial and signed he’s more likly to be a foster.
And how do you now that he as only played ten minutes in freindly. think some people have got tinted glasses on over this signing as usual .nobody nows how good hes going to be till he actually plays for us not even Powell. Thats why i said hope dont turn out like green .Same people on here also said green was good signing before he played a game .You cant say somebody going to be like foster before hes played a game that is tinted optimism hope he is like.

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 15 Feb 2019, 21:20

Always rated clarkson and if it wasn’t for the ‘golden generation’ at Leeds would’ve probably still been there along with McShane and Gale.

Long live the Tigers!!!

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 15 Feb 2019, 23:23

flow wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:
flow wrote:
tigertragic wrote:Great signing who I reckon could be the next matt Cook.

Unwanted, seen great teams from the inside, aggressive large player with a pass in him.

Daryl has a new cadaver to mould
Hope dont turn out to be another green we seam to have a soft side and give guys chance who nobody else wants maybe because there cheap.
If he wasn’t good enough he’d be on his way like green, crossley if he’s done a trial and signed he’s more likly to be a foster.
And how do you now that he as only played ten minutes in freindly. think some people have got tinted glasses on over this signing as usual .nobody nows how good hes going to be till he actually plays for us not even Powell. Thats why i said hope dont turn out like green .Same people on here also said green was good signing before he played a game .You cant say somebody going to be like foster before hes played a game that is tinted optimism hope he is like.
Whilst the jury is out on him, I think people are probably positive about this signing because he’s spent 6 weeks with the lads so Powell has said yes to him after experiencing him in training during that period. Green didn’t have a trial (forgive me if I am wrong) so was signed up more blindly.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 15 Feb 2019, 23:43

Flow.
No trying to be an expert on grammar especially after a few.
I admit that I have have tinted glasses.
Short on bodies, good past track record.
Some how fallen from grace.
Resonates with some of the team he's joined.
I don't think our coaching personnel lack objectively!
They have made more astute signings than any of their contemporaries.
Taken a small town in Wakefield to be genuine contenders.
No mean feat in the modern era.
I have watched Cas for a decade or four(a late starter)
In all those years we have never been a team who is as consistently feared by the opposition as we have been in recent years.
I would rather be an optomist proved wrong than a pessimist proved right.
My optomist has in general served me well.
I believe certain tinted specs help those with dyslexia.
However there are some so blind they cannot see.
COYF

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Feb 2019, 01:04

a lot of sense written there mate, the prof is in the pudding

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 16 Feb 2019, 01:52

Optimism
Foot shot through
Did say l had sampled some refreshment

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 16 Feb 2019, 13:02

The glass is clearly half empty...

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 16 Feb 2019, 17:03

cogito ergo sum wrote:The glass is clearly half empty...
:D brilliant
jo brand is eddie warings love child

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 23 Feb 2019, 17:01

Well we will see how the lad goes today good luck to the lad. Hope he makes hull kr regret getting rid and us glad we have taken the gamble.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 23 Feb 2019, 20:31

Didn't do nothing special but played solid enough. Definitely a solid back up but a full fit McMeekan and Jesse is our best back row. Foster and Clarkson as the back ups we must be real happy with.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Feb 2019, 20:40

Swagger wrote:Didn't do nothing special but played solid enough. Definitely a solid back up but a full fit McMeekan and Jesse is our best back row. Foster and Clarkson as the back ups we must be real happy with.

Spot on. Nothing special, did his job.
Thought jesse was outstanding. Second row is by far his best position, caused London load of problems down the right.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 23 Feb 2019, 20:53

Swagger wrote:Didn't do nothing special but played solid enough. Definitely a solid back up but a full fit McMeekan and Jesse is our best back row. Foster and Clarkson as the back ups we must be real happy with.
I'd hazard a guess hoggy will get his starting spot back when he's fit
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 23 Feb 2019, 22:40

Bit like Alex Foster when he first joined the club?? I’ve high hopes for CC to be a regular in the 17 come seasons end....

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 23 Feb 2019, 22:45

the machine wrote:
I'd hazard a guess hoggy will get his starting spot back when he's fit
Forgot about Oggy to be honest but yes you may be right even though I would still have Meeks and Jesse above him.

Jesse may possibly go back to playing prop/back row from the bench.

If we ever get back to a full compliment in the forwards DP has some major decisions to make:
Watts
Millington
Moors
Cook
Clark
Jesse
McMeekan
Oggy
Foster
Clarkson
Massey
Milner

12 players there to fit into 5 spots and 3/4 bench spots. All them 12 are all good enough to be in the 17 too. Amazing.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Feb 2019, 22:49

Jsl as being outstanding now he's playing out wide in first three games no way known to man will he go back to playing prop
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 Feb 2019, 00:49

agree there swagger, got through a lot of work in defence to say he is way off match fit. couple of handling errors but can only improve with game time. could be a good find and if not we haven't lost much. must admit i like his calm attitude.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 24 Feb 2019, 02:02

Fumper27 wrote:
Bit like Alex Foster when he first joined the club?? I’ve high hopes for CC to be a regular in the 17 come seasons end....
if we have have fully fit pack no chance pal who's place his he going to take

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 24 Feb 2019, 08:21

Clarkson stood up in defence but offered little in attack, that could be said for all our right side though. Clarkson will always be behind Meeks Jsl Holmes n Foster for a back row shirt but hes a safe/cheap option for back up as the injuries pile up.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Feb 2019, 09:33

flow wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
if we have have fully fit pack no chance pal who's place his he going to take
Depends whose in and out of form at the time. I remember many on here being of the same mindset when we signed Foster and he turned out ok.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Feb 2019, 11:11

Fumper27 wrote:
I'm with you mate think he will challange for a place did big minutes yesterday defence sound rest will come in time
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi