Rankin

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Rankin

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 09 Feb 2019, 14:01

Its 2 games in to the season, won 2 games and players will need time to get up to speed and Rankin is one of those players.

To beat Catalans and Hull is not a bad effort because when those 2 improve it will be a different story.

Couple of weeks off now to get the injuries looked at and work at the plays and we then have 2 games that we should be winning comfortably. 4 from 4 anyone?

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 09 Feb 2019, 19:51

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Its 2 games in to the season, won 2 games and players will need time to get up to speed and Rankin is one of those players.

To beat Catalans and Hull is not a bad effort because when those 2 improve it will be a different story.

Couple of weeks off now to get the injuries looked at and work at the plays and we then have 2 games that we should be winning comfortably. 4 from 4 anyone?
very good post def should be 4 from 4 the yard stick be the fifth game warrington to see were we are to challenging for honours :clap: :clap:

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 11 Feb 2019, 14:44

Ladytiger wrote:And on last nights display you think Roberts deserves to start and drop rankin to the bench or drop him.. god how fickle are you give rankin a chance his defence against Catalans was fantastic needs time to gel with the team
Have to agree with this, I was disappointed with the number of tackles he fell off but also 1 on 1 if the guy is losing his grip we should have lads running in to support.

I was impressed with his D against Catalan too, showed he’s happy to get stuck in and seemed strong, guess time will tell if he can get some consistency about his defence.

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 11 Feb 2019, 16:03

I thought shenton needed to retire also ? That was last year's big debate ...... Fickle
TM Out

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 11 Feb 2019, 16:30

scottiger wrote:I thought shenton needed to retire also ? That was last year's big debate ...... Fickle
To be fair, Shenton has really stepped it up after some questionable performances last year. Had a decent back end of 2018 and carried that good form in 2019.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 11 Feb 2019, 21:56

SREGITSAC wrote:
Ladytiger wrote:And on last nights display you think Roberts deserves to start and drop rankin to the bench or drop him.. god how fickle are you give rankin a chance his defence against Catalans was fantastic needs time to gel with the team
Have to agree with this, I was disappointed with the number of tackles he fell off but also 1 on 1 if the guy is losing his grip we should have lads running in to support.

I was impressed with his D against Catalan too, showed he’s happy to get stuck in and seemed strong, guess time will tell if he can get some consistency about his defence.
Does any body think with gale and ellis out we should have given qlt a one year contract. Had some good games for cas at half back last year specially that great win at warrington. I think he offers more then rankin does ,being Halifax best player reading reports this year.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 11 Feb 2019, 22:47

flow wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:

Does any body think with gale and ellis out we should have given qlt a one year contract. Had some good games for cas at half back last year specially that great win at warrington. I think he offers more then rankin does ,being Halifax best player reading reports this year.
Did nothing wrong for us, you gotta think Rankin is the better prospect based on age.... if he settles in well and shows his ability!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Feb 2019, 23:03

flow wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If we’d given QLT a deal and those guys had not gotten injured, folk on here be moaning we were wasting our quota spot on a player hardly in the 19, bit like they did with Jy last year.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 11 Feb 2019, 23:34

Pretty sure QLT didn't want to go full time this year??? Too much for his body.

Rankin will keep getting better. My issue isn't with him. It's with our right side attack in Minikin and Clare. Not good enough.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Feb 2019, 23:39

i think qlt said his knees wouldn't stand up to super league standard training on a daily basis.
jo brand is eddie warings love child