Hull up next

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
jackknife
Verified

Re: Hull up next

Post by jackknife » 12 Feb 2019, 16:57

They old saying two wrongs dont make a right.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 12 Feb 2019, 17:39

derbystiger wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:
takethetwo wrote: He came in a bit aggressive while Tomkins was on the floor, but glad he got he got away with it. Glad somebody put the rectum on hospital. Can't stand the bloke. :-"
Comments like this are unbelievable, no player deserves to end up in hospital because of a tackle in a game no matter who they are or who they play for
Normally I’d agree, but no barmaids deserves the abuse that Tomkins gave them either, so maybe it could be called justice?
Nothing to do with who he plays for or how he acts on the pitch. Just think he deserved a bang on the nose for how he acted previously. Karma.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Feb 2019, 18:02

our chosen sport is up among the most physical games to be played I can honestly say over 60 years watching the game I have never enjoyed any player going down injured what ever team he as played for you might dislike a player but to enjoy him being injured is NOT for me

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 12 Feb 2019, 18:19

I can see both points of view.
I thought his previous behaviour was not that which should be rewarded with club captaincy.
However should this dialogue if it needs to be discussed be on All things Castleford

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 12 Feb 2019, 18:39

gateman wrote:our chosen sport is up among the most physical games to be played I can honestly say over 60 years watching the game I have never enjoyed any player going down injured what ever team he as played for you might dislike a player but to enjoy him being injured is NOT for me
But it's nothing to do with him even been a rugby player. If it was a bin man or a plumber that abused the bar staff I would be happy for him to get a bang on the nose. Nothing at all to do with disliking a player.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 12 Feb 2019, 23:35

gateman wrote:our chosen sport is up among the most physical games to be played I can honestly say over 60 years watching the game I have never enjoyed any player going down injured what ever team he as played for you might dislike a player but to enjoy him being injured is NOT for me
Have to disagree with you for once gateman, when Diesel smashed Kelvin Skerrett in the premiership final I thought it was hilarious.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Feb 2019, 00:16

Spanishtiger wrote:
Have to disagree with you for once gateman, when Diesel smashed Kelvin Skerrett in the premiership final I thought it was hilarious.
Yet when Mickey M “smashed” Kirk Dixon” I don’t recall seeing anyone on here finding that hilarious. The game, having played it for over 20 years at various levels is hard enough without the cheap shot merchants that are about. Thankfully, not as many as yesteryear when every team seemed to have one or two in their ranks.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 13 Feb 2019, 00:32

Fair comment Fumper, but perhaps the joy in that incident was that Mr. Skerrett reaped what he'd sown? IIRC he got 10 mins in the Regal final for a pre-meditated late swinging arm to a player already on the floor?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Feb 2019, 08:10

Spanishtiger wrote:Fair comment Fumper, but perhaps the joy in that incident was that Mr. Skerrett reaped what he'd sown? IIRC he got 10 mins in the Regal final for a pre-meditated late swinging arm to a player already on the floor?
Agree mate. Skerritt gave enough out so Diesel gave him one back. It was a late swinging arm on a young Andy Hay that got him the 10 in the final. It also created the famous Morgy saying “Campbell, you dck head” when he didn’t send him off.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 13 Feb 2019, 10:18

....bottleless get.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 13 Feb 2019, 17:44

Fumper27 wrote:
Spanishtiger wrote:
Yet when Mickey M “smashed” Kirk Dixon” I don’t recall seeing anyone on here finding that hilarious. The game, having played it for over 20 years at various levels is hard enough without the cheap shot merchants that are about. Thankfully, not as many as yesteryear when every team seemed to have one or two in their ranks.
The difference being Kirk Dixon is as clean a player as you will find whereas Mcillorum and Skerrett are/were vicious and thuggish.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 13 Feb 2019, 18:42

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:The difference being Kirk Dixon is as clean a player as you will find whereas Mcillorum and Skerrett are/were vicious and thuggish.
Isn't that how some used to describe good old Ronnie Gibbs (one of my hero's by the way)?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 13 Feb 2019, 18:51

Ronnie Gibbs cared even less about his own well-being than that of his opponents. Who can forget him staggering off at Trinity.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Feb 2019, 19:03

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Spanishtiger wrote:
The difference being Kirk Dixon is as clean a player as you will find whereas Mcillorum and Skerrett are/were vicious and thuggish.
Sorry, I must’ve missed the bit where a players “niceness” was a consideration in this discussion.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 13 Feb 2019, 20:39

McIllorum and Skerrett are/were thuggish, but paled in comparison to our own Malcolm and Dennis, who could put it about better than most. And perfect gentlemen off the pitch.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 13 Feb 2019, 21:39

Guys,

There is no place for thuggish cheap shot behaviour in this great sport of ours as it is really hard on player's bodies with fair hard tackles already without trying to intentionally injure and maim opposition players and to accept this is shameful on those of you who accept this as part of the game. There are plenty of ex players who have finished up with hip replacements for example from wear and tear and some slower to communicate after the amount of stiff arms they have received.

This latest incident with Blake Austin is regrettable that he has escaped with no action as it must be apparent to all that , even though there is no vid on him making actual contact with Tomkins head, it can be clearly seen he is going around his torso and laying into the upper part of Tomkins and the end decisive result is a serious concussion which in my mind is conclusive enough to warrant a ban. Every player should have due diligence not to intentionally maim any player as this could result in his livelihood and his family suffering for years as a result.

Even though Tomkins is considered an unpleasant character,it does not justify players taking other players heads off. he has a family like all of us and it's their nearest and dearest who have to pick up the pieces.

Some of you need to take a good look at yourselves as to whether you are existing for good human practises or for bad !

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Feb 2019, 21:50

at the meet the coaches event last night powell described both of taylors tackles as "very naughty and blamed clarkes injury directly on taylor.
jo brand is eddie warings love child