Mitch Clark

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Mitch Clark

Post by Fumper27 » 01 Feb 2019, 20:04

Sharlotiger wrote:
Tigerade wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Why would we let him go for a month he should be playing tonight

This ^^
I cannot understand these short term loan deals. He should be playing tonight IMO.
Thought Mitch haf just gone to Fax on dual reg so no problem about him being there for a month as we can bring him back at any point.
He has gone on duel reg so will still be available for all our games but will get time at Halifax if not selected by us. Just like Maher last season.

swede
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by swede » 02 Feb 2019, 00:12

Tigerade wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Why would we let him go for a month he should be playing tonight

This ^^
I cannot understand these short term loan deals. He should be playing tonight IMO.
Let’s be real here; if the RFL did the right thing and insist on all Super League teams having an A Team/ Reserve Grade, this situation wouldn’t exist. Every team needs a Squad with depth but also needs its Players match fit. A Reserve team would give Squad players game time against like for like opposition and would also provide quality preparation for players returning from injury. A No Brainer for me.
Cas Till I Die

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 02 Feb 2019, 10:29

swede wrote:
Tigerade wrote:

This ^^
Let’s be real here; if the RFL did the right thing and insist on all Super League teams having an A Team/ Reserve Grade, this situation wouldn’t exist. Every team needs a Squad with depth but also needs its Players match fit. A Reserve team would give Squad players game time against like for like opposition and would also provide quality preparation for players returning from injury. A No Brainer for me.
And most of all, help prevent a number of youngsters from leaving the game. They all develop at different rates so if clubs fielded two senior teams it buys time for these players.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Feb 2019, 10:53

Can Mitch be recalled for next week, with mcmeeken possibly being out I think he’ll be needed.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 02 Feb 2019, 10:56

old cas lass wrote:Can Mitch be recalled for next week, with mcmeeken possibly being out I think he’ll be needed.
Yes, he will just play at Fax when not used by us. He warmed up with the lads last night, as he was still in the 19, if anyone pulled up in warm up he would probably have played over Roberts

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 02 Feb 2019, 10:57

There should be a U21s league where each team is aloud so many 1st teamer to play in, used to be 8 when i played.

Any players needed match fitness played in 1 of these games to get it.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 05 Feb 2019, 13:30

jackknife wrote:There should be a U21s league where each team is aloud so many 1st teamer to play in, used to be 8 when i played.

Or perhaps a compulsory reserve grade!
Spreading the Cas gene pool

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 05 Feb 2019, 14:52

Flat Capper wrote:
jackknife wrote:There should be a U21s league where each team is aloud so many 1st teamer to play in, used to be 8 when i played.

Ya cant fill 2 teams of 17 on the current salary cap some teams struggle to get a 19 man squad named with their injuries.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 05 Feb 2019, 16:06

It's certainly a question of finding the right balance but I do worry about 'senior' players not getting the game time and youngsters not getting adequate experience.

On the salary cap, I found it interesting to learn only 2 'Premiership' RU clubs made a profit last season with most reporting issues with finances. Clearly some form of financial control is necessary.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 05 Feb 2019, 19:48

jackknife wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:

Ya cant fill 2 teams of 17 on the current salary cap some teams struggle to get a 19 man squad named with their injuries.
We argued this out last year, fact is in order to run 1st team and reserves a club needs 50-60 players. 1.9m divided by 60 is about 31k per man. Can't be done. Let's say that the best 17 are on an average of 70k per man, that leaves 700k to pay 40+ players, 17k per man. Better off working for the council or whatever and doing pay as you play with York for example.

Also if every SL team had to double their squad there'd be no one left to play in the championship.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 05 Feb 2019, 20:19

Spanishtiger wrote:
jackknife wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:

We argued this out last year, fact is in order to run 1st team and reserves a club needs 50-60 players. 1.9m divided by 60 is about 31k per man. Can't be done. Let's say that the best 17 are on an average of 70k per man, that leaves 700k to pay 40+ players, 17k per man. Better off working for the council or whatever and doing pay as you play with York for example.

Also if every SL team had to double their squad there'd be no one left to play in the championship.
In an ideal world every SL club would run reserve grade. If it isn’t financially viable then scrap the 19’s and, has already been said, have 21’s where a certain amount of seniors can play. Anything has to be better than this dual reg garbage.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 05 Feb 2019, 20:55

That would mean the under 16s going straight to 21s. No going to happen

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 05 Feb 2019, 22:26

Dez wrote:That would mean the under 16s going straight to 21s. No going to happen
Go 17’s then 21’s then. Most of us on here that have played, whatever the level, have probably run out at open age at 17. Whatever happens, something needs to. Dual reg doesn’t work and lads are being lost to the game as there’s nowhere for them to go from 19’s.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 05 Feb 2019, 22:39

Bradford seem to be running with a small full-time squad and a largish part-time squad. Not sure whether it will work out for them, could that be the answer re reserves?

Whatever way you look at it, there doesn't seem to be an easy solution, if you ever watch the 80mins podcast there are tales every other week of players that can't afford to be full time pros.

Very difficult to find an answer imo.

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 06 Feb 2019, 00:16

Spanishtiger wrote:Bradford seem to be running with a small full-time squad and a largish part-time squad. Not sure whether it will work out for them, could that be the answer re reserves?

Whatever way you look at it, there doesn't seem to be an easy solution, if you ever watch the 80mins podcast there are tales every other week of players that can't afford to be full time pros.

Very difficult to find an answer imo.
if there was reserves the majority would be part time anyway sprinkled with 1st team not making the team . Still not cheap
TM Out

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 06 Feb 2019, 14:28

As sais, some Championship clubs manage to run a reserve grade on a much lower salary cap than £1.9m.

Most SL clubs have a squad in excess of 30 players plus younger players at all levels not registered as part of the Super League squad. Taking account of injuries I would still hope there is scope for a true reserve grade be it called reserve or U21's or Not Quite Good Enough's.

Who cares what it's called, lets develop the game with a true career path from start to finish.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 06 Feb 2019, 20:56

its ok saying make reserve grade compulsary but where are all the players going to come from. featherstone brag about running an A team but are the players of suitable quality? i'd say no as they lost to the hunslet amateur side, so maybe put a little money and coaching into a good amateur club and get players game time that way.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 07 Feb 2019, 10:35

Cant play duel reg in confidence leagues
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 08 Feb 2019, 14:37

Back to Mitch and I hope his knock wasn't too serious as we seem to be losing squad members at an alarming rate.

Has anyone heard owt on t'grapevines?

Brummietiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Brummietiger » 08 Feb 2019, 18:16

6 weeks according to Jesse in P & C Express this afternoon.