Quota Rule

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Quota Rule

Post by Mysterio » 22 Jan 2019, 11:45

Can somebody explain in detail how this works nowadays please?

Then whom is counted on ours?

Thanks.

Ps. Wonder if the marquee rule should potentially allow make the player exempt from the quota too? Lol..;)
Audacter Et Sincere

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Quota Rule

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Jan 2019, 11:58

Seven players not trained in the country for at least three years, by the age of 21. Ours are:

JSL
Moors
Roberts
Rankin
Mata’utia
Millington
Clark (despite being born in Pontefract)

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 22 Jan 2019, 12:04

Thanks Fumper.

What other exceptions are there? Ie the full details,

For example, if Millo were to gain British citizenship, and he’s obviously been with us many years...?

Or Mitch Clark, already a citizen (is he?) playing his junior rugby in the uk from 9-16!?

I think you know where I’m going with this....

I can only imagine it’s a matter of time before we offload Roberts. It could be a fantastic move for everyone for him to go to London on a 2/3 yr deal,with coaching included or something...other than that, Toronto similarly....to get Roberts in could help those clubs big time and give us enough clout to land Hastings and a british back such as griffin,
Audacter Et Sincere

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Show 'n' Go » 22 Jan 2019, 12:42

As far as I am aware, and I could be wrong, but Millo would not count as off the quota, even if he did get British Citizenship.

It is all to do with where they came through as a player. Clark was born in Ponte, but played junior rugby in Aus, so would count on he quota. I don't think Webbo counted on the quota due to been in the UK before the new rules came in.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 22 Jan 2019, 12:48

It used to be if you played for the same team for six season you were exempt from the quote but that’s when they had over seas and non fed quota

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 22 Jan 2019, 12:57

It’s a maximum of 5 quota players and a maximum of 7 non fed trained players.

Of our 7 Clark and at least one other (not sure which) are non fed trained. If Millington came off quota it wouldn’t change anything as he would still be non fed trained. We would have to offload someone to bring a non British player in.

Personally I think it is ridiculous that someone born in the UK (Clark) counts on anything but that is the rule unfortunately.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 22 Jan 2019, 14:42

Tiger53 wrote:It’s a maximum of 5 quota players and a maximum of 7 non fed trained players.

Of our 7 Clark and at least one other (not sure which) are non fed trained. If Millington came off quota it wouldn’t change anything as he would still be non fed trained. We would have to offload someone to bring a non British player in.

Personally I think it is ridiculous that someone born in the UK (Clark) counts on anything but that is the rule unfortunately.
Thanks.

I think looking after Roberts and then offloading him from the quota to a suitable club will be high on the list of wells.

Makes me wonder whether or not Roberts will get selected tbh. Powell may look to future now, and tell Roberts that.

To thar end, Benny might ask his agent to look for starting first team rugby.
Audacter Et Sincere

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 22 Jan 2019, 15:37

Tiger53 wrote:It’s a maximum of 5 quota players and a maximum of 7 non fed trained players.

lets see if warrington manage to get around it when widdop lands.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 22 Jan 2019, 15:38

I think benny will see out the year with us then retire
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 22 Jan 2019, 21:31

Show 'n' Go wrote:As far as I am aware, and I could be wrong, but Millo would not count as off the quota, even if he did get British Citizenship.

It is all to do with where they came through as a player. Clark was born in Ponte, but played junior rugby in Aus, so would count on he quota. I don't think Webbo counted on the quota due to been in the UK before the new rules came in.
Grant went for citizenship last year, however as stated above he remains on the quota.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 23 Jan 2019, 00:20

jackknife wrote:I think benny will see out the year with us then retire
Hopefully, he will start the year well and not give any of us reason to state that he has actually retired but is seeing out the year with us.....

I'd love to see him play to his capability this year - be like a new addition to the squad

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 23 Jan 2019, 18:52

Personally I think we’ll see the longer term strategy over Roberts right from the off.

If he’s not in the 13,it allows DP to manoeuvre the ‘youd Be better going for starting games somehwehee else’ approach..

I don’t think he’ll play starting rugby.
Audacter Et Sincere

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 23 Jan 2019, 20:36

Mysterio wrote:Personally I think we’ll see the longer term strategy over Roberts right from the off.

If he’s not in the 13,it allows DP to manoeuvre the ‘youd Be better going for starting games somehwehee else’ approach..

Do you honestly believe any other SL club would pay him the sort of money Roberts is on at Cas with his injury track record?

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 23 Jan 2019, 22:06

Sharlotiger wrote:
Mysterio wrote:Personally I think we’ll see the longer term strategy over Roberts right from the off.

Do you honestly believe any other SL club would pay him the sort of money Roberts is on at Cas with his injury track record?
I don’t think any team in world sport would pay any player the same salary they last had heading into their twighlight years.

However, I do think a stepped approach with performance & appearance bonuses alongside community rep work could see the likes of London, Bradford, Toronto maybe Leigh, etc..interested. Especially if we half pay up / pay off.

Do you follow?
Audacter Et Sincere