Future of the forum

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Maverick1

Re: Future of the forum

Post by Maverick1 » 21 Jan 2019, 09:13

I am an infrequent poster but regular reader of the forum and have been for many years. Like other users I do not live in or near Castleford any more so the forum provides a source of information. It does suffer from the problems of other social media platforms and I do find things irritating at times, principally the inability to stick to the thread topic.
However, I would be sorry to see it go.

Digger Dave

Post by Digger Dave » 21 Jan 2019, 16:26

Let's be honest, 90%+ of the stuff posted on here is opinion, hearsay, rumour or info freely available in the public domain. Posters who put on stuff that people want to hear (particularly concerning the new ground) are hailed as heroes whilst those posting more realistically are shouted down and labelled heretics. Whatever happens to this forum there will be an outlet for all those who want to vent their spleen...

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 21 Jan 2019, 19:16

Is it venting?
Opinions are diverse and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Nobody is investing money but discussing the club we all love.

I think the forum is useful
Robbo
Truth is always best !

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 21 Jan 2019, 23:58

So one of the issues that has been brought up in regards to some members maybe taking it too far etc can be addressed but we'd need more people on board who's able to keep an eye on things. While I and I'm sure the other mods/admins glance over the threads it's hard to pick up on everything and in some cases unless it's reported or PM'd to one of us it can go unnoticed.

I'm aware that the mod/admin team is thin on numbers and if anyone wants to come forward to be a mod it would be a great help. All I ask is that you're active and you've been a member for a decent period of time (helps with trustworthiness / saves me having to restore the everything if you delete all the posts :lol: ).
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Jan 2019, 14:02

I would not want to lose the forum at all.

For me, if you truly want a debate then you have to accept that some will criticise your comments. It's a question of give and take from everyone with the good old pinch of salt thrown in. Personal insults are unnecessary but at the end of the day they should cause no harm.

Keep it going for as long as poss...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 23 Jan 2019, 20:09

My partner would love it if this page closed down, as I’m always on the forum according to her :P
I do enjoy coming on and reading the posts and remember it all starting out after being a poster in the clubs official forum and that closing down.
I have my favourites that I like to read the reports and opinions of and others that I scan over.
What irks me the most is the people who just post the same negative posts all the time. Say it once, maybe re-Inforce it after that, but don’t go on and on about it across multiple threads. And the resorting to name calling, cyber bullying. Just no need.
Be wonderful for it to keep going though as it is for me, as for others, my first point of call for club info and gossip.

Long live the Tigers!!!

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 24 Jan 2019, 20:08

Like many of the other exiles the forum is a useful way of picking up what's happening in and around the club. Course you have to sort the wheat from the chaff and the wind up merchants but regular use and you soon get to know the reliable sources from the others,and to be fair I don't mind a bit of gossip now and then and the rest well that's just different people's opinions and that's the important word "opinions" and you can discuss them til your blue in the face and they're still just opinions and not as some treat them,facts,and surely as grown ups most of us can discuss things without resorting to cheap digs and insults,as my Ma said "It ain't big,it aint clever" And trust me she was always right. For me I'll keep checking out the forum and commenting when I feel I've something valid to contribute and like the majority of users who are informed,sensible and committed supporters belittle the effort of the minority who try to spoil it for the rest of us.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 28 Jan 2019, 14:51

You can go to most forums and you will have people are at each other, with a lot full of expletives something you don't get on hear.

It would be a shame to lose the forum, I've enjoyed reading it for many years, and it would be a shame to loose it for the few who try to to spoil it for others. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and most opinions will differ and that's fine, but we have a few members who think their opinion is Gospel and it shouldn't be questions

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 30 Jan 2019, 00:01

New season about to begin.
I hope the forum gives us all an opportunity to air our views and opinions.
It's a wonderful medium and we should all be grateful to those who make it happen.
What will that decision be based upon.
New people coming on board to help with the running
Less unnecessary foul and abusive language might make the moderators jobs easier remember they do it for free.
Surely people can express their views, opinions and differences without resorting to abuse, name calling and aggressive gestures
Those resorting to this are in the minority.
Perhaps they should consider setting up their own something nasty happened on the way to the forum. Forum.
But it would be appreciated if we knew what is required to keep this avenue of communication open.
Especially for those living outside cas and not in the know, for those who for a variety of reasons are unable to attend games
As well as providing useful info to travelling and visiting fans alike.
I look forward to hearing what needs to be done to ensure the forum carries on and flourishes.
Two more sleeps before we welcome Les Cats with the Rat

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 30 Jan 2019, 00:37

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 06 Feb 2019, 13:50

Its a great forum, I use this every day and have done for years, I would be gutted if it closed.

You cannot get any reasonable debate whatsoever on the facebonk forum, stopped looking at it because its not a patch on what you get on here.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 06 Feb 2019, 14:34

the machine wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:
braytontiger wrote:Must admit I'm taking a break. I can discuss rugby with most people but too many posters have hidden agendas. I actually believe those few posters and a certain Facebook page is damaging the club and ruining what in general is a well run club.

For the genuine supporters enjoy the roller coaster and continue to support the club in the greatest game of all our teams. For the time being ill continue to read without posting.

What page is this Brayton? I follow several pages I’m interested to know what page you think has it’s own agenda and damaging the club
A user name on here and a name on there links it....
be easier to just tell us

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 06 Feb 2019, 16:14

fords wrote:
the machine wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:
braytontiger wrote:Must admit I'm taking a break. I can discuss rugby with most people but too many posters have hidden agendas. I actually believe those few posters and a certain Facebook page is damaging the club and ruining what in general is a well run club.

For the genuine supporters enjoy the roller coaster and continue to support the club in the greatest game of all our teams. For the time being ill continue to read without posting.

What page is this Brayton? I follow several pages I’m interested to know what page you think has it’s own agenda and damaging the club
A user name on here and a name on there links it....
be easier to just tell us
Frainy?

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 19 Feb 2019, 15:30

I have been re-reading this and have myself, chosen to read more than post over the more recent years, some of the chat is pointlessly petty or abusive, everyone dis-agrees in normal life, but on here it is worse.

So, as they say (paraphrase) for rubbish to succeed it only needs decent people to do nothing. think if the majority of people feel similar, I have decided on a personal agreement to do a one for one trade - each time I come on and have a good read, the next time I will post at least something.

For my part, a decision if someone calls me something stupid, I will ignore it, in return, if I say something stupid usually after 11:00 on a Friday night after a game or a Saturday team time when I get back home - then can you ignore me too!

I like this form, for all it's drivel and waffle - I am in!

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 19 Feb 2019, 19:10

There's just too many trolls on this forum these days including one moaning about being called a troll in this thread!

There's just too many mods that don't actually come on the website anymore, get a new mod team and things will pick up.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 19 Feb 2019, 19:19

[quote="TheSheriff"]There's just too many trolls on this forum these days including one moaning about being called a troll in this thread!

There's just too many mods that don't actually come on the website anymore, get a new mod team and things will pick up.[/quote
if every body agreed what would be the point in a forum some people want to get a grip. If somebody gets easily offended because somebody don't like there view they probably should not go on a site that's aimed at debating things.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 19 Feb 2019, 19:23

flow wrote:if every body agreed what would be the point in a forum some people want to get a grip. If somebody gets easily offended because somebody don't like there view they probably should not go on a site that's aimed at debating things.
It's not an agree/disagree thing. It's the way people do it. You're one of the worst for it.

I don't always agree with Hudds or Robbo but they put forward their points well and contribute instead of just trying to bicker with everyone who will read.

A good constructive back & forth is great and the best threads on here are just that.

The none existent mod team is the cause of the downfall.

Another example is Raj Poot is clearly a crap troll, JIN JER contributes.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 19 Feb 2019, 19:42

TheSheriff wrote:
flow wrote:if every body agreed what would be the point in a forum some people want to get a grip. If somebody gets easily offended because somebody don't like there view they probably should not go on a site that's aimed at debating things.
It's not an agree/disagree thing. It's the way people do it. You're one of the worst for it.

I don't always agree with Hudds or Robbo but they put forward their points well and contribute instead of just trying to bicker with everyone who will read.

A good constructive back & forth is great and the best threads on here are just that.

The none existent mod team is the cause of the downfall.

Another example is Raj Poot is clearly a crap troll, JIN JER contributes.
seriously who is bothered if some body's a big bad troll makes it more fun some times. there is more things in life to worry about :D :D :D :D

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 20 Feb 2019, 12:35

Should join forces with the FB Group. Power in numbers :D
Audacter Et Sincere

hazzy

Post by hazzy » 20 Feb 2019, 15:07

I read the forum everyday and enjoy it, I wasn't registered until now, I've registered to give the site my backing, and I do hope it does't fold, you will get some numpties come on here thinking they know more that anybody else, but thats life, best way to deal with it is not to bite.