Shirt numbers

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Shirt numbers

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 04 Jan 2019, 23:56

old cas lass wrote:1, matautia
2, Clare
3, minikin
4, Shenton
5, Eden
6, trueman
7, gale
8, watts
9, McShane
10 millington
11 Holmes
12 mcmeeken
13 Milner.
14, Massey
15 Jesse
16 moors
17 foster
18 cook
19 Roberts
20 Ellis
21 Clark
22 wardle
23 Maher
24 Aston
25 egodo
26 gill
27 turner
28 peaches
29 o’neil
30 storey
31 Carr
I’ve said it before and will keep saying it...
Look weak on the wing/centre.

Tinpottigers

Post by Tinpottigers » 05 Jan 2019, 00:33

Realistically we only have 22 players then into the academy, a bad spell of injuries and we could be in some bother.

Can only dream of top 4 looking at that squad.
Should have Kept Jy

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 05 Jan 2019, 00:56

Tinpottigers wrote:Realistically we only have 22 players then into the academy, a bad spell of injuries and we could be in some bother.

You have 31 players with 3 academy players

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Jan 2019, 00:58

Who supports a team and calls there sens tinpottigers :lol: :lol: :lol: ....that's best yet :clap:
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 05 Jan 2019, 02:18

tigerfeat wrote:Who supports a team and calls there sens tinpottigers :lol: :lol: :lol: ....that's best yet :clap:
worst back line we have had for along time shenton passed it. Claire would not get in another top half off table team minikin is a big gamble god help pete hope he can cover tackle. off cause I hope am wrong shenton rewinds ten years minikin is that good gets a England call up and clair finishes second to eden in top try scores list lol.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 05 Jan 2019, 10:02

Powell has proven in previous years he likes a big squad but doesn't trust the squad players to play them, he's backed himself into a corner this year and any injuries will force his hand massively.

CHTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CHTiger » 05 Jan 2019, 10:14

Why is Minikin at centre a gamble?

Fans seem to forget anything that happened before 2017! In 2016 we had signed him as a centre, not a winger, a centre! On his debut against Catalan away he scored two try’s at.....centre. He then went on to make many more appearances that year at.....centre and did very well. I think he had 1 appearance on the wing against Huddersfield at home.

2017 came around he was then given a wing starting spot but he was always going to move back to centre because A) that was his main postion B) He was always a long term replacement for Webster or Shenton. He was always a centre playing on the wing, as a lot of centres start out, like our very own Michael Shenton started out, like Oliver Gildart started out etc!

I for one arn’t worried about Minikin being our starting Centre he has been groomed for this postion and he has been learning from the best, it is now his job to prove people who doubt him wrong!

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 05 Jan 2019, 10:25

Tinpottigers wrote:Realistically we only have 22 players then into the academy, a bad spell of injuries and we could be in some bother.

This!!! :clap:
How long before we come crashing back to earth with a bang!?
Looks like all we need is a couple of injuries and that will happen.

If anyone thinks we have adequate replacements for positions or that squad is top 4 material I’d say you’ve been taking the Zak Hardaker dust!!!
Last edited by JSLisnotaprop on 05 Jan 2019, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 05 Jan 2019, 10:29

JSLisnotaprop wrote:

If anyone thinks we have adequate replacements for positions I’d say you’ve been knocking around with Mr Hardaker!!

Having an on-line conversation with yourself!
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 05 Jan 2019, 10:31

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:

If anyone thinks we have adequate replacements for positions I’d say you’ve been knocking around with Mr Hardaker!!

Nope, just a realistic opinion that I agree with.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Jan 2019, 10:38

flow wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Who supports a team and calls there sens tinpottigers :lol: :lol: :lol: ....that's best yet :clap:
worst back line we have had for along time shenton passed it. Claire would not get in another top half off table team minikin is a big gamble god help pete hope he can cover tackle. off cause I hope am wrong shenton rewinds ten years minikin is that good gets a England call up and clair finishes second to eden in top try scores list lol.
Your right id have question marks on the whole backline as it stands on the shirt numbers except Eden will score a shed load of trys ..
Vince Lombardi

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 05 Jan 2019, 10:39

JSLisnotaprop wrote:

Take a look at the long LONG list of laughing comments on Facebook to the club, laughing at what we’ve achieved this off season, there’s a lot more people agreeing with comments like ours than you think.

Look I’d love nothing more than to be proved wrong, and to be the laughing stock of the forum at the end of the season if, IF we had some success.

But I’m not afraid to take the rose tinted glasses off and speak out, that team is not a top 4 team.
A couple of injuries and we don’t have the replacements.
Christ, we don’t have players in the appropriate positions to start with anyway!!! JSL, Roberts, Foster and so on.

This could be the start of the slippery slope back to reality.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Jan 2019, 10:45

tigerfeat wrote:
flow wrote:
Your right id have question marks on the whole backline as it stands on the shirt numbers except Eden will score a shed load of trys ..
That's the outside backs trueman and gale a terrific combination
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 05 Jan 2019, 10:54

Minikin was signed as a centre if you continually knock him back by playing him on the wing then sooner or later he will want out. The same goes for young players if you keep signing players then the youth development is just a waste of time and we may as well not have one.

If you look at Wigan,Saints,Leeds they always have a group of youngsters amongst their squads,there supporters don't complain they understand that given the chance they may unearth a superstar. Maybe the clubs attitude has changed towards it or it could well have just had its hand forced to allow us to keep hold of senior players but either way IMO it's the right way and you shouldn't be afraid of change. I've seen these players and I trust them to step up if required as they do at other clubs.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 05 Jan 2019, 11:11

I will be honest that squad when you really read it is a squad in transition imo we seem to be giving some young kids a chance finally will it work maybe not would ikky really have made a great difference I'm not sure one think we really need to do is really get in to the market now for next year to replace players at the end of there contracts with high quality players and hope if Egodo ect get there chances they absolutely thrive and kick on and if a top quality outside back comes up through the season hope we can pounce to get them on board and hope the squad stays fit this year. There's no expectation this year imo were all writing the team off let's hope they prove people wrong. What ever I'll be there week in week out.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 05 Jan 2019, 11:12

Every team who has a bad run of injuries struggles. Could be argued the we are the only team who buck that trend! Leeds, Hull Widnes didn't.
Posters keep bagging Shennie, and whilst he made attacking errors sometimes, defensively he was still excellent. It was Webbo who was exposed last year. Minikin was signed as a centre, let's see how he goes.
I sometimes think people on here want us to fail. Two years ago everybody was crying out to tie down players on long contracts, we did, everyone cheered, at last we hold on to our players, but now it's "Oh dear, can't sign anybody, players on long contracts holding us back etc etc."
The glass always half- empty according to most.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 05 Jan 2019, 11:25

JSLisnotaprop wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:

Take a look at the long LONG list of laughing comments on Facebook to the club, laughing at what we’ve achieved this off season, there’s a lot more people agreeing with comments like ours than you think.

Look I’d love nothing more than to be proved wrong, and to be the laughing stock of the forum at the end of the season if, IF we had some success.

But I’m not afraid to take the rose tinted glasses off and speak out, that team is not a top 4 team.
A couple of injuries and we don’t have the replacements.
Christ, we don’t have players in the appropriate positions to start with anyway!!! JSL, Roberts, Foster and so on.

This could be the start of the slippery slope back to reality.

I’ll happily debate the club/squad situation & am certainly not one of the rose tinted brigade. Anyone who knows you will tell you I am & have been critical of the club & staff where I feel it’s appropriate. What I don’t do is debate/agree with myself over several different usernames. Now if you’re not doing that, then I apologise, but the cynic in me is always mistrustful of new usernames who join within days of each other & seem to have quite a bit to say, most of which is incendiary. In my experience, a lot of “first time poster, long time readers” blaze in with a large number of posts, but then fade away when the season starts.

For what it’s worth I think the squad is weak mentally & unfortunately this appears to be a trademark of DP’s teams (they love dabbing the ball down over the line in the sun, but too many don’t want to know on a grim night later on in the year).
We are overstocked in the second row.....again & the purchase of Wardle was an unnecessary exspense. The threequarter line is weak & has been criminally overlooked, which possibly relates back to the hardacre debacle, as I think PM would make a better centre than fullback.
I’d like to see a different option at 9, for as good as macca is we’re too one dimensional and teams know our go to move will always be the ball out the back on the left side.

There are some positives; the reduction in subs should benefit us as our pack is very mobile. Our halves will hopefully gel & get the best out of the limited backline. DP has proven track record of getting the most out of systems rather than relying on genuine star players & provided the players keep buying into this we should be ok.
5/6 league finish for me & I’d put absolutely everything into the Challenege Cup.
Last edited by steadygetyerboots-on on 05 Jan 2019, 11:36, edited 1 time in total.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 05 Jan 2019, 11:30

This sudden influx of bored Wakey fans is ruining this forum and it's going to go the same way as rlfans if it doesn't get sorted.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 05 Jan 2019, 11:39

That squad can beat any side on our day playing smart & fast RL.

We know who’s under pressure, where we need to strengthen etc.

Only 2 HQ players away from a trophy imo. Good enough to challenge.
Audacter Et Sincere

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 05 Jan 2019, 11:48

Keiran Gill gets a squad number - I thought he was on a season long loan to Newcastle Thunder ?