Shirt numbers

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Shirt numbers

Post by westerbeast » 05 Jan 2019, 15:57

The team have not played 1 match and there gonna finish outside top 4 ??? Give them a chance for god sake. If after a month of matches it's not working then start your moaning :roll:

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 05 Jan 2019, 16:44

westerbeast wrote:The team have not played 1 match and there gonna finish outside top 4 ??? Give them a chance for god sake. If after a month of matches it's not working then start your moaning :roll:
If we go back to the preseason of2018 even 2017 this lot of moaners on here are still using the same script. Some of you need to go back to your own teams forums ,Stop changing your names every outher post rest of you want to grow up and support the team or go away.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 05 Jan 2019, 17:07

the bookies have put Saints and Warrington 1ST and Second favourite's to win the league there will not be many that would argue with that, any luck with injuries I can see us being not far behind those two , of the team last year we have only lost Webster who to be honest was showing signs of ware and tear, we have a number of our young players who have squad numbers that if pressed into service will not let us down, the clubs that have dominated the league over the years have had no fear in putting young players in the team

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 05 Jan 2019, 17:38

The lack of a replacement for Webster stands out a mile. I’m not sure why some fans think we will be able to challenge for honours this year when we have a weaker squad than last season and other teams have strengthened. For me Saints & Warrington will be top 2, Wigan won’t be far off again, Wakey will push hard for the top 4 and Leeds & Catalans will be better this year. Hull & Huddersfield won’t be pushovers either. At best a year of stagnation for us, likelihood is a drop of a place or two unless we recruit a centre.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 05 Jan 2019, 18:41

The Firm wrote:The lack of a replacement for Webster stands out a mile. I’m not sure why some fans think we will be able to challenge for honours this year when we have a weaker squad than last season and other teams have strengthened. For me Saints & Warrington will be top 2, Wigan won’t be far off again, Wakey will push hard for the top 4 and Leeds & Catalans will be better this year. Hull & Huddersfield won’t be pushovers either. At best a year of stagnation for us, likelihood is a drop of a place or two unless we recruit a centre.
At last some body talking sense and not wearing tinted glasses :clap: :clap: :clap: think them happy we line up. Are supporters off other teams dont want us to strengthen and stay a top team.

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 05 Jan 2019, 18:58

The Firm wrote:The lack of a replacement for Webster stands out a mile. I’m not sure why some fans think we will be able to challenge for honours this year when we have a weaker squad than last season and other teams have strengthened. For me Saints & Warrington will be top 2, Wigan won’t be far off again, Wakey will push hard for the top 4 and Leeds & Catalans will be better this year. Hull & Huddersfield won’t be pushovers either. At best a year of stagnation for us, likelihood is a drop of a place or two unless we recruit a centre.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 05 Jan 2019, 19:48

JSLisnotaprop wrote:
Webster's replacement was brought in seasons ago, MINIKIN ?

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 05 Jan 2019, 19:56

westerbeast wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:
What about. If dont work out old boy seen no evidence yet to suggest he is any were near as good as Webster and its just not one centre we have to worry about plus clair on wing.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 05 Jan 2019, 19:57

westerbeast wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:
There's a reason he was being played on the wing and the likes of an ageing Webster & Shenton or out of position Wardle or Foster were preferred. He isn't good enough at the top level at centre in my opinion but is a good superleague standard winger. And playing him at centre means we also get the bang average at best Clare as a first choice winger weakening the threequarters still further.

Sorry but we were one or two clever signings away from really challenging this year, maybe doing something special. We seem to be trying to blow that opportunity and it's one that may not come round again for a good while.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 05 Jan 2019, 20:09

The Firm wrote:
westerbeast wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:
There's a reason he was being played on the wing and the likes of an ageing Webster & Shenton or out of position Wardle or Foster were preferred. He isn't good enough at the top level at centre in my opinion but is a good superleague standard winger. And playing him at centre means we also get the bang average at best Clare as a first choice winger weakening the threequarters still further.

Sorry but we were one or two clever signings away from really challenging this year, maybe doing something special. We seem to be trying to blow that opportunity and it's one that may not come round again for a good while.
Powell thinks Minikin and Clare are good enough. Let's give them a chance before writing them off. Nobody knows what's happened in pre season apart from the coaches and players.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 05 Jan 2019, 20:11

Shenton and Webster were always going to be 1st choice centres when fit as they have the most experience.

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 05 Jan 2019, 20:36

The Firm wrote:
westerbeast wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:

In a salary-capped sport, where we are paying up to that maximum cap, where is the money coming from for those clever signings?
Not to be argumentative, but all those saying we are 2 centre's short of a very good side, how do you propose we pay for them?
And don't say release so and so...it's not that easy when they are under contract. Genuinely interested......

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 05 Jan 2019, 20:44

Our three quarter line will be the weakest it's been for a few yrs. Minikin is not a centre, not big enough, not strong enough, never will be. A decent winger, an average centre. Least said about James Clare the better, stolen from under the noses of York last yr tells it's own story. Shenton is quite clearly, on some of last season's performances, in the twilight of his career. Some of his performances last season were poor. Peanut n Eden are v good, but other than them, none of our first choice 3 quarters would get in any other top 8 team. To compare our outside backs to that of a rivals is scary. I'm not a doom n gloom poster before anyone starts, I just say what I see. And we are well short of quality out wide, which is a shame as the pack is good enough to provide platforms for them. In conclusion it's massively short sighted by the club not to have replaced Webster with like for like, he will be sorely missed.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 05 Jan 2019, 21:12

Webster replacement like for like would be wonderful any suggestions and if it is true we are up to the cap will they play for free.?
Webbo was not a hit with many on his arrival.
Compared with the begining of last season he is the only departure of note.
On the plus we have Watts and Peter .
Trueman stepped up admirably in the absence of our M.O.S.
Hopefully Carr and co will aquit themselves as admirably as he when called upon .
As for Clair gives his all which is all l want of any of our team .
When we started this recent Odysse ,who would have thought it with the squad Powell assembled.
I like everyone wants success when Mildred was here, what we have given for the past few seasons.?
I don't know what next season will bring but l like many will follow the boys regardless not because we are any way blinkered .
Though to be a fan of any club makes one blinkered.
Putting it into perspective for me living in North West Leeds is the fact that l no longer face pity and derision when wearing the colours or declaring my allegiance.
Believe you me we are perceived quite differently these days long may it continue.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 05 Jan 2019, 21:18

Fryston Tiger wrote:
The Firm wrote:
westerbeast wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:

In a salary-capped sport, where we are paying up to that maximum cap, where is the money coming from for those clever signings?
Not to be argumentative, but all those saying we are 2 centre's short of a very good side, how do you propose we pay for them?
And don't say release so and so...it's not that easy when they are under contract. Genuinely interested......
If we are up to salary cap we have made some bad deals but I don't believe we are up to salary cap. We should cheat with two marquee players not counting in salary cap like other top teams are . Not to bring a centre and winger in is very poor management for me that's what john wells job suppose to be improve team and squad. The same as other posters on this one want to be well off mark and hope were right up there again and not panic signing player after first few months.

Easy Tiger 2
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Easy Tiger 2 » 05 Jan 2019, 21:51

When will people understand we have spent our money!!!

We signed Watts and Peanut and paid fees plus their wages.Unless we can get Wardle,who I believe to be on £100k,or someone else off the books our hands are tied.

What are you all wanting,the club to risk administration and bankruptcy again? We are doing the very best we can with the cards we are dealt,Jesse signed a new deal on more money as did Trueman andnonenor two more.

I would love to see a new centre if not two and probably a better option at half back behind Gale and Trueman but we can’t spend what we don’t have.

We do however have a fabulous youth set up and I’m excited by the future of some of these.

It would be great if we waited until the seasons started before Whinging,moaning and bagging the club and team

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 05 Jan 2019, 22:53

Easy Tiger 2 wrote:When will people understand we have spent our money!!!
We haven't but they'd like you to think they have.

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 05 Jan 2019, 23:37

What did we plan on using to pay for Sau & Ikahihfo?

Where’s the money from Webster, Jy & Springer gone?

When was the last time you saw the club say what they’ve spent the lottery money on that’s supposedly for player recruitment?

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 05 Jan 2019, 23:38

We signed Watts and Peanut and paid fees plus their wages.Unless we can get Wardle,who I believe to be on £100k,or someone else off the books our hands are tied.

What are you all wanting,the club to risk administration and bankruptcy again? We are doing the very best we can with the cards we are dealt,Jesse signed a new deal on more money as did Trueman andnonenor two more.

I would love to see a new centre if not two and probably a better option at half back behind Gale and Trueman but we can’t spend what we don’t have.

We do however have a fabulous youth set up and I’m excited by the future of some of these.

It would be great if we waited until the seasons started before Whinging,moaning and bagging the club and team
How dare you come on here talking sense.....
I'm guessing by bad deals that extending the contracts of Gale, Milner, Oggy, Foster, JSL, McShane, McMeeken, Trueman, Eden etc was just plain stupid? And signing Watts n Matau'tia mid season just hampered our close season options?
Once again, those who obviously know what we are spending on the Cap, please tell us a)how much we have left to spend and
b)if we have the funds, why haven't we gone out n signed someone

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 05 Jan 2019, 23:43

JSLisnotaprop wrote:
What did we plan on using to pay for Sau & Ikahihfo?

Where’s the money from Webster, Jy & Springer gone?

When was the last time you saw the club say what they’ve spent the lottery money on that’s supposedly for player recruitment?
In recent times, DP has decided to keep something back and gave the players we already have in the squad a chance to step up. Sau was just a rumour, Not a serious bid for him was made and Ikahihifo was going to be a swap for Wardle....