shot clocks

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: shot clocks

Post by Fumper27 » 01 Jan 2019, 17:38

old cas lass wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Cas v Wigan or saint or any other club over the pennies, Thursday night.
Full time 18 18 clock says 10pm.
The game could go on for another 10/15/20 mins until a drop goal goes over.
Meaning fans arnt gonna get back to buses until 10.30pm or even later, nice way to stop kids from following there team, it could be nearly 12.30/1am when fans will get home.
Bloody ridiculous.
As you can tell I’m not for it.
Seriously is the slim chance that the game may run for another 15 minutes really going to stop anyone going,I'd say that if that's the case it's more than likely that you wouldn't be going anyhow regardless of a possible draw.

Where probably talking about 5 to 10 games a season across the league.
Leave it lass. Some on here could have an argument in an empty room!!!

Who knows until it happens.
Won’t stop me going, though I don’t go to many games over the pennies.
What I’m saying if parents look at it like I have it COULD put fans off travelling due to the late arrival time back in cas, it’s a scenario.
The best excuse I’ve possibly heard, I’m not going to a game in case it’s a draw :lol: :lol:

I understand what you’re saying but I think that’s really clutching at straws.
IMO, Thursday night games are crap and should be the closer matches only to help fans,
cas vs Leeds/wakey/Huddersfield/hull

Not games at the other side of the penines, contending with the full stretch of the M62, that’s definitely off putting!
Who’s made an excuse of not going because it could be a draw......NOT ME.
I said I don’t go to many games over the pennies anyway.

I agree Thursday nights are ridiculous, especially for a Yorkshire club to travel over the Pennines and vice versa. But they are here and it happens.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 01 Jan 2019, 17:44

What they need to do is put a shot clock on video ref that’ll speed things up.

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 01 Jan 2019, 17:44

old cas lass wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Cas v Wigan or saint or any other club over the pennies, Thursday night.
Meaning fans arnt gonna get back to buses until 10.30pm or even later, nice way to stop kids from following there team, it could be nearly 12.30/1am when fans will get home.
Bloody ridiculous.
Seriously is the slim chance that the game may run for another 15 minutes really going to stop anyone going,I'd say that if that's the case it's more than likely that you wouldn't be going anyhow regardless of a possible draw.

Where probably talking about 5 to 10 games a season across the league.

Who knows until it happens.
Won’t stop me going, though I don’t go to many games over the pennies.
What I’m saying if parents look at it like I have it COULD put fans off travelling due to the late arrival time back in cas, it’s a scenario.
The best excuse I’ve possibly heard, I’m not going to a game in case it’s a draw :lol: :lol:

I understand what you’re saying but I think that’s really clutching at straws.
IMO, Thursday night games are crap and should be the closer matches only to help fans,
cas vs Leeds/wakey/Huddersfield/hull

Not games at the other side of the penines, contending with the full stretch of the M62, that’s definitely off putting!
Who’s made an excuse of not going because it could be a draw......NOT ME.
I said I don’t go to many games over the pennies anyway.

I agree Thursday nights are ridiculous, especially for a Yorkshire club to travel over the Pennines and vice versa. But they are here and it happens.
You suggested it could put the fans off,
That to me suggests an excuse to not go to games!

I never said yourself, take it easy on me OCL I’m still new to this forum :lol:

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 01 Jan 2019, 17:46

TT Tiger wrote:What they need to do is put a shot clock on video ref that’ll speed things up.
:clap:
I know someone mentioned on this thread not comparing the game to the NRL but when you compare the speed in decision making by the Video ref we are appalling.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 01 Jan 2019, 17:50

flow wrote:interesting new rule change should speed up the game just hope wigan and leeds clock goes same speed as Ares lol. not too sure how its going to work like . Using leeds and cas friendly as a trial for it
We need it most. Luke Gale takes a day and age to kick goals.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 01 Jan 2019, 17:50

JSLisnotaprop wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:What they need to do is put a shot clock on video ref that’ll speed things up.
:clap:
I know someone mentioned on this thread not comparing the game to the NRL but when you compare the speed in decision making by the Video ref we are appalling.
Bang on that

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 01 Jan 2019, 17:56

Swagger wrote:
flow wrote:interesting new rule change should speed up the game just hope wigan and leeds clock goes same speed as Ares lol. not too sure how its going to work like . Using leeds and cas friendly as a trial for it
We need it most. Luke Gale takes a day and age to kick goals.
And how long does it take to take drop outs.....an age.
It annoys me to death when a player throws a ball away at a drop out.
That’s the one area I wanna see speeded up.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 01 Jan 2019, 18:26

If you're willing to take your kids to an away game knowing you're not going to be home until say 1am, i hardly think adding an extra 10-15mins to your journey for extra time is going to stop anyone going.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 01 Jan 2019, 19:03

jackknife wrote:If you're willing to take your kids to an away game knowing you're not going to be home until say 1am, i hardly think adding an extra 10-15mins to your journey for extra time is going to stop anyone going.
Each to there own.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 01 Jan 2019, 19:17

Why not try something simple, when a TV game is advertised as a 7.45 KO, it kicks off at 7.45 instead of 7.50. That should save 5 mins.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 01 Jan 2019, 21:10

jackknife wrote:If you're willing to take your kids to an away game knowing you're not going to be home until say 1am, i hardly think adding an extra 10-15mins to your journey for extra time is going to stop anyone going.
What form of transportation results in getting home at 1am?

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 01 Jan 2019, 21:19

Bloody ridiculous.
I was goin off the time ocl used, it wasn't an exact time was more to show you'd only be 15mins later with extra time
SREGITSAC wrote:
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 01 Jan 2019, 22:13

SREGITSAC wrote:

The official supporters bus for a start. We left the ground at 1615 for the semi at Wigan and missed the kick off, i arrived back at the ground at 0055 and the team bus pulled up at the same time. Most supporters buses had the same problem and most said never again.