Vs fev

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Vs fev

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Dec 2018, 19:27

There's always being a feeling since I went as a boy to to watch my first match in the 60s that something a bit dodgys going on behind the scenes at cas even when it's not
I remember the team bus setting of for a semi - final once and getting as far as the car park of a pub in cas that's no longer standing while the team discussed if they would go along and play the match because they were not happy with the money they were on
Thing is were a couple of players short of having one of the strongest squads in super league but to sign no one in the off season I think was a major mistake no doubt about that in my mind
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 28 Dec 2018, 19:48

Easy Tiger 2 wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:I hope fans vote with their feet on this... the club are taking the you know what.

The most unexciting off season in the history of the club ended by a £15 payment to watch the academy vs a team of trialists.

I've got some washing to be on with!!!
You hope people boycott the game?Wow,some supporter.Do you not see the irony of your comments that you’re complaining we haven’t spent any money and then in turn hope people don’t turn up to games,costing us money?

I agree that it’s disappointing we haven’t kicked on with player recruitment but if we can’t offload high earners like Wardle what can we do?Spend money we don’t have? Whilst I’m disappointed we haven’t signed anyone I don’t want to bankrupt the club or spend money we don’t have and go back to the administration days.

It makes sense that paying out fees for Watts and Matautia and adding their wages to the wage bill has taken up money as has having to improve contracts to Jesse,Trueman etc.

We need to get rid before we can recruit I think but not attending games is not going to help matters,there’s still a lot of talent on show to go watch!
what would send a better message to the club than for people to vote with their feet?

They're asking for £15.00 to watch the young guns, which most I can watch for free during the season in the academy games vs a team that are the advertisement of modern day rugby league (a mess)

i've missed a handful of games over the past decade and never felt how i do now, not bothered to go at all... and i'm not on my own.

Do Lock Lane have a game? i know who would be more grateful for the cash...

JSL is not a prop, Foster is not a center.

johnboy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnboy » 28 Dec 2018, 19:56

heritage1926 wrote:From a rugby point of view, it's a shame Fev never kicked on. It looked like they were ready to finally push for promotion when they made changes to the stadium, built up a pretty decent squad and appointed Duffy. Then a couple of top 4 finishes and getting to test themselves against SL in the qualifiers, it looked as though they weren't a million miles away. Something has obviously happened at the top, they've lost some key players to teams who will be challenging them. Wildie and Carlisle will be big losses for them. However, they've kept their best player John Davis, who has been massive for them the last few years.

Would of liked a strong Fev team to one day challenge and bring a new rivalry like we have with Wakey and Leeds.
Duffy never got them into the top four despite spending money on expensive players like Hock, Holmes and Ridyard. Jon Sharpe got them into the top four twice and was sacked and replaced by Duffy who failed and then ran off back to Leigh! They have lost the revenue that Sharpe earned them and are now paying the price - they have a tough year ahead.
Be reasonable - do it my way!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 28 Dec 2018, 20:07

tigerfeat wrote:To sign no one in the off season I think was a major mistake no doubt about that in my mind
Technically, haven’t we signed Mata’utia, given he was only on loan last season??? ;) ;) ;)

PS - just trying to lighten the mood a bit

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Dec 2018, 20:19

Fumper27 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:To sign no one in the off season I think was a major mistake no doubt about that in my mind
Technically, haven’t we signed Mata’utia, given he was only on loan last season??? ;) ;) ;)

PS - just trying to lighten the mood a bit
Yeah your right mate just think we've missed a few tricks last six months
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 28 Dec 2018, 20:27

tigerfeat wrote:There's always being a feeling since I went as a boy to to watch my first match in the 60s that something a bit dodgys going on behind the scenes at cas even when it's not
I remember the team bus setting of for a semi - final once and getting as far as the car park of a pub in cas that's no longer standing while the team discussed if they would go along and play the match because they were not happy with the money they were on
Thing is were a couple of players short of having one of the strongest squads in super league but to sign no one in the off season I think was a major mistake no doubt about that in my mind
I think this was the challenge cup quarter final away at York,it was also said a couple of players came to blows enroute. Needless to say that graham steadman and a pack led by Brian Hughes beat us.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 28 Dec 2018, 20:29

JSLisnotaprop wrote:I hope fans vote with their feet on this... the club are taking the you know what.

The most unexciting off season in the history of the club ended by a £15 payment to watch the academy vs a team of trialists.

The same moan by the same people every close season, going to these games is not compulsory, I myself will be there enjoying a few pints and a natter with supporters old and new. Ill probably see you in the queue for any semi final or final tickets should we get to those levels.
The mind boggles

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 28 Dec 2018, 20:33

Anyone who didn't see this kind of squad been named hasn't been paying attention for the past decade as it's the norm,it's certainly not the players fault it's been over priced and the young lads deserve there chance.

I'm told some of them have really come on in the off season and who knows we might just bolster the squad with one or two otherwise what's the point in investing time and money into youth development. Playing a first team would achieve nothing against a below average fev team.

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 28 Dec 2018, 20:35

braytontiger wrote:Anyone who didn't see this kind of squad been named hasn't been paying attention for the past decade as it's the norm,it's certainly not the players fault it's been over priced and the young lads deserve there chance.

I'm told some of them have really come on in the off season and who knows we might just bolster the squad with one or two otherwise what's the point in investing time and money into youth development. Playing a first team would achieve nothing against a below average fev team.
it's usually an opportunity to showcase and test run the new signings... oh hang on...

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 28 Dec 2018, 20:35

thedogvinnie wrote:

The same moan by the same people every close season, going to these games is not compulsory, I myself will be there enjoying a few pints and a natter with supporters old and new. Ill probably see you in the queue for any semi final or final tickets should we get to those levels.
The mind boggles
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 28 Dec 2018, 20:41

JSLisnotaprop wrote:
braytontiger wrote:Anyone who didn't see this kind of squad been named hasn't been paying attention for the past decade as it's the norm,it's certainly not the players fault it's been over priced and the young lads deserve there chance.

it's usually an opportunity to showcase and test run the new signings... oh hang on...
Yes they pull a shirt on last around 30 minutes and are then replaced by an academy/squad player. Nothing new.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Dec 2018, 20:44

braytontiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:There's always being a feeling since I went as a boy to to watch my first match in the 60s that something a bit dodgys going on behind the scenes at cas even when it's not
I think this was the challenge cup quarter final away at York,it was also said a couple of players came to blows enroute. Needless to say that graham steadman and a pack led by Brian Hughes beat us.
Yes that's the one mate ...if things ran smooth at cas everybody would get a shock ha
Vince Lombardi

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 28 Dec 2018, 21:01

The first pre season game is just a matter of blowing some cobwebs off and giving a few Youngs some game time, think most people expect that, the price for it though seems to be the main gripe
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 28 Dec 2018, 21:09

the machine wrote:

The first pre season game is just a matter of blowing some cobwebs off and giving a few Youngs some game time, think most people expect that, the price for it though seems to be the main gripe
Agree with that £10 and £5 would be a fair price for the club and fans. normally these games attract around 3k so with it been a Sunday with the weather good we will have to see if people do vote with there feet. IMO we should be doing a family ticket for say £30 has £50 for a family is over the top. I sometimes feel the club forget the town is still very much working class where money is tight but I sense those making these decisions view things on there income which will be well above average.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 28 Dec 2018, 21:11

braytontiger wrote:
Great game that . It was packed and steddy was great . Went to the game in my mates lada car what a performance that was

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 28 Dec 2018, 22:25

£15 is very steep in my view to see a game with the 2 squads listed. Fev are on their backsides and their squad shows that. Cas will always put out this kind of squad this early so again as has been said you should expect this.

If you want to go and spend £15 then crack on, if you don't then don't go. Nobody is making anyone attend.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 29 Dec 2018, 01:05

as always I will be there, but I must admit the club is taking the Michael charging £15 and £10 to watch an A team game, may be if FEATH could have fielded their first 13 we might have put more of our first team squad in ?? see you there folks

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 29 Dec 2018, 01:19

limited edition tee shirts will be on sale bearing the words "i saw cory aston play for cas." come on put some money into the club.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 29 Dec 2018, 09:45

Will this be Corey Astons debut then on Sunday? I reckon a good game could see him going to Fev for the season now they're short on half backs.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Dec 2018, 09:53

He played in last year's boxing day defeat
Vince Lombardi