Luke Gale

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Re: Luke Gale

Post by Tigerwood posse » 08 Jan 2019, 14:46

Tigerade wrote:How about Pita Godinet. Training at Hudds but not attached to anyone. One year deal playing at 9 with Milner and letting Macca move into the halfes?
Good shout is that, he is decent!! defo better than Ellis/aston or Roberts

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 08 Jan 2019, 14:50

Or maybe, we give Ashton a go, the lads absolutely chomping at the bit to play for us. Danny Richardson didn't do too badly last season when thrown in.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 08 Jan 2019, 15:11

heritage1926 wrote:Or maybe, we give Ashton a go, the lads absolutely chomping at the bit to play for us. Danny Richardson didn't do too badly last season when thrown in.
Just backed cory ashton man off steel with him chomping

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 08 Jan 2019, 15:24

Confirmation of Luke Gale's injury. Will have surgery this week.
Best case 6 months. Worst case a year.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 08 Jan 2019, 15:28

So 6 months takes him to July, that's without any kind of training what so ever. Permitting that he fully recovers and is allowed back training, he's have to have at least 3 months under his belt after half a year off. That takes him to October, there's just no way he can be match fit this year.

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 08 Jan 2019, 15:47

Sky sports noting we are looking for salary cap dispension to sign a replacement.....

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 08 Jan 2019, 16:26

Fryston Tiger wrote:Sky sports noting we are looking for salary cap dispension to sign a replacement.....
Jon Wells mentioned in his interview that if they decide to get a replacement then they would approach the RFL for dispensation for Gales salary. But he did stress that that this wasn't the case yet.

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 08 Jan 2019, 17:08

The Fox wrote:
Fryston Tiger wrote:Sky sports noting we are looking for salary cap dispension to sign a replacement.....
Jon Wells mentioned in his interview that if they decide to get a replacement then they would approach the RFL for dispensation for Gales salary. But he did stress that that this wasn't the case yet.
Watch this space I guess. I'd still like us to see if our current halves at the Club can fill the void left by Galey's injury.

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 08 Jan 2019, 17:15

tigerfeat wrote:hastings i rate highly it would be great if we were thinking along those lines ...
In this scenario Hastings would be a dream fit and would have the added advantage of helping both clubs. Will keep an eye on the salary cap dispensation with interest.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 08 Jan 2019, 17:34

Whilst we may apply for dispensation on the salary cap it doesn't mean we have to spend it on another half back,I guess it all depends on who steps up and how they perform its very much in the hands of the back up halves to show we don't need a replacement.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Jan 2019, 17:46

Fryston Tiger wrote:
The Fox wrote:
Watch this space I guess. I'd still like us to see if our current halves at the Club can fill the void left by Galey's injury.
I think it depends how the club want to play it we could give young players a chance not really challange regroup for 2020 or make a couple of good signings one would definitely need to be a good half back to partner trueman and with the forwards we have have every chance of glory this season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 08 Jan 2019, 17:58

Fryston Tiger wrote:
The Fox wrote:
IMO they have had long enough to prove they are super league quality and unfortunately they have not.we need a replacement for gale that can step up to the mark and lead the team round the park,but where we would get one from Is anyone’s guess but I don’t think the answer will be any of them three .

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 08 Jan 2019, 21:23

Mc shane is more than capable of stepping into Gales shoes, no need to get another player in. Milner to 9 and roberts on bench as interchange hooker :dance:

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 08 Jan 2019, 22:06

westerbeast wrote:Mc shane is more than capable of stepping into Gales shoes, no need to get another player in. Milner to 9 and roberts on bench as interchange hooker :dance:
With going down to 8 interchanges can we really be wasting 2 on switching the hookers round?

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 09 Jan 2019, 11:04

Brainyfrainy wrote:
fords wrote:
Brainyfrainy wrote:
fords wrote:
Brainyfrainy wrote:Oh dear still can’t get over the meltdown. I did warn you all about quality of the squad.
Well done. Did you warn Mr Wells and Mr Powell, im guessing not.

Thanks. I guess my cards in the post. Yeah but they wouldn’t listen like you :lol:
Please point out where i have said on here that our squad is fine as it is and we are in with a chance of winning something.

You wont. We all know the backs are the weakest we have had for years and short on numbers. God only knows why DP and the rest of them cant see it.

Maybe the plan is the give all the 2nd rowers a game somewhere when all the injuries kick in.
Why didn’t you warn them as well then ?

We do like to play 1 man rugby when the going gets tough so maybe you have the plan right there!!
I don't come on here posting stupid statements like "I did warn you all about quality of the squad." thats why

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 09 Jan 2019, 11:09

Mysterio wrote:Can’t believe folks actually can make themselves believe Jackson Hastings would jump ship at this stage.
Then again who am I to say. It’s easy to get excited ha ha
We need to get the cheque book out
Thing is Luke’s wages will be covered by insurance and him taken off the salary cap so that’s at least 100k to spend on the cap.
There’ll definitely be an up and coming Aussie half back we’ll uncover. Meanwhile , and no I’m not joking, would rangi be intertested or capable?
Other than that, brad Davis! Lol

There’ll definitely be a half back on their way before long.
"There’ll definitely be a half back on their way before long"

Sounds like you know something we don't :pray:

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 09 Jan 2019, 12:20

fords wrote:
Brainyfrainy wrote:
fords wrote:
Brainyfrainy wrote:Oh dear still can’t get over the meltdown. I did warn you all about quality of the squad.

Please point out where i have said on here that our squad is fine as it is and we are in with a chance of winning something.

You wont. We all know the backs are the weakest we have had for years and short on numbers. God only knows why DP and the rest of them cant see it.

Maybe the plan is the give all the 2nd rowers a game somewhere when all the injuries kick in.

We do like to play 1 man rugby when the going gets tough so maybe you have the plan right there!!
I don't come on here posting stupid statements like "I did warn you all about quality of the squad." thats why
You also didn’t appear 4 days ago to spout off negativity about how poor the squad is and how doomed Cas are, with a bunch of other random accounts.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Jan 2019, 12:36

r.l just confirmed salary cap relief a option for cas should they request it
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Brainyfrainy

Post by Brainyfrainy » 09 Jan 2019, 12:58

SREGITSAC wrote:
fords wrote:
Brainyfrainy wrote:
fords wrote:

You also didn’t appear 4 days ago to spout off negativity about how poor the squad is and how doomed Cas are, with a bunch of other random accounts.
I only have 1 account ? Please ask an admin to confirm.

It is poor for the ambitions that the club started to set of being top 4 etc. Everyone has strengthened we haven’t. You can’t use the excuse of mid season signing Watts and Peter because we needed them when we signed them.

I haven’t said we are doomed but we are in for a long frustrating season in my view. I just think people should take a step back and think about the club and what they do rather then blindly following them whatever.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 09 Jan 2019, 13:18

Crisis, what Crisis? As with the old Lord Nelson myth, I see no ships...
Spreading the Cas gene pool