Luke Gale

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Luke Gale

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 07 Jan 2019, 20:38

stuey wrote:
stuey wrote:If Gale & Roberts are both injured, then move Mcshane to half-back, Milner to hooker and play 3 from JSL, Moor, McMeekan, Holmes, Foster, Wardle or Massey at second row and loose forward.

We are not short of back rowers!!.
.....and today we sign another one.
:lol:

The majority of us have been waiting and praying for a signing... what do we get?
A player in a position we’ve got a squad full of!

If I didn’t laugh I’d cry

boomerang
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by boomerang » 07 Jan 2019, 21:20

Having spent an hour reading through 10 pages on here and 4 in the rumour mill on Clarkson (mainly people moaning about another 2nd row who can play prop) very surprised nobody on here has mentioned we might be looking at playing millo at 7

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 07 Jan 2019, 21:43

The thing is you can play millo at 7 and Mcshane and ashton but if your wanting to win anything you want stability around the half backs to control the team around the park . I'll be amazed if dp doesn't bring someone in

Brainyfrainy

Post by Brainyfrainy » 07 Jan 2019, 21:56

Oh dear still can’t get over the meltdown. I did warn you all about quality of the squad.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 07 Jan 2019, 22:27

Brainyfrainy wrote:Oh dear still can’t get over the meltdown. I did warn you all about quality of the squad.
Well done. Did you warn Mr Wells and Mr Powell, im guessing not.

Brainyfrainy

Post by Brainyfrainy » 07 Jan 2019, 22:44

fords wrote:
Brainyfrainy wrote:Oh dear still can’t get over the meltdown. I did warn you all about quality of the squad.

Thanks. I guess my cards in the post. Yeah but they wouldn’t listen like you :lol:

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 08 Jan 2019, 00:16

Would think that most teams facing Cas next season will be running at the three quarters mostly as the forwards will be a lot more difficult to take on I cannot understand the thinking of DP and now with Gales injury adding another problem the lack of strengthening in the three quarters could cost the team dearly.I read with interest that Aston was said said to have had a good game against Featherstone but what was the opposition he was playing against as he reported to have said he as been waiting a long time both at Cas and also Leeds to play first team rugby that says it all, we then come to the other halves Ellis and Robert's cannot think why they were given the contracts they got Ellis is not consistent and Robert's has been a major disappointment it's just a pity the club cannot move these players on ( I know it's not possible contracts etc ) and add a decent halfback during Gales reportedly long absent

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 08 Jan 2019, 07:59

I think dp fancies clarkson at 13 with massey allowing milner to play 9 and mcshane to play 7 just until ellis or roberts (if injured) to become fit again.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Big Shug
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Big Shug » 08 Jan 2019, 08:31

Rangi Chase anyone!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 08 Jan 2019, 08:38

Big Shug wrote:Rangi Chase anyone!
we need a scrum half not a pallet unloading :lol:

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 08 Jan 2019, 09:20

Brainyfrainy wrote:
fords wrote:

Thanks. I guess my cards in the post. Yeah but they wouldn’t listen like you :lol:
Please point out where i have said on here that our squad is fine as it is and we are in with a chance of winning something.

You wont. We all know the backs are the weakest we have had for years and short on numbers. God only knows why DP and the rest of them cant see it.

Maybe the plan is the give all the 2nd rowers a game somewhere when all the injuries kick in.

Brainyfrainy

Post by Brainyfrainy » 08 Jan 2019, 09:51

fords wrote:
Brainyfrainy wrote:
fords wrote:

Please point out where i have said on here that our squad is fine as it is and we are in with a chance of winning something.

You wont. We all know the backs are the weakest we have had for years and short on numbers. God only knows why DP and the rest of them cant see it.

Maybe the plan is the give all the 2nd rowers a game somewhere when all the injuries kick in.
Why didn’t you warn them as well then ?

We do like to play 1 man rugby when the going gets tough so maybe you have the plan right there!!

AstralPancakes

Post by AstralPancakes » 08 Jan 2019, 10:02

I think it might be a good idea to bring back the buttie. I think QLT could be useful to have in the squad again, whilst he's not good enough for Cas under normal circumstances. He can play two important positions, he seems to be reasonably durable and perhaps more reliable than Roberts. He also has a spark in attack and contributed to some great trys in the few games he played.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 08 Jan 2019, 10:08

For those thinking we are overloaded with forwards should maybe ask DP how many fit forwards we have had at the end of the season the last 3 years.
Its great having opinions but the number of people on here that think they know better than the coaches is unbelievable,if nothing else over the past 5 years DP should have earned the respect of every supporter

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 08 Jan 2019, 10:16

braytontiger wrote:For those thinking we are overloaded with forwards should maybe ask DP how many fit forwards we have had at the end of the season the last 3 years.
Its great having opinions but the number of people on here that think they know better than the coaches is unbelievable,if nothing else over the past 5 years DP should have earned the respect of every supporter
Cas fans are some of the worst in the league. You only have to be on the terraces to hear what's said to be in disbelief.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 08 Jan 2019, 11:10

How about Pita Godinet. Training at Hudds but not attached to anyone. One year deal playing at 9 with Milner and letting Macca move into the halfes?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 08 Jan 2019, 11:31

Tigerade wrote:How about Pita Godinet. Training at Hudds but not attached to anyone. One year deal playing at 9 with Milner and letting Macca move into the halfes?
In today’s game, I think a 9 needs to be able to do 80 minutes, especially given there’s now only 8 interchanges allowed. Leave Milner at 13, interchanging with Massey / Foster

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 08 Jan 2019, 11:49

Tigerade wrote:How about Pita Godinet. Training at Hudds but not attached to anyone. One year deal playing at 9 with Milner and letting Macca move into the halfes?
Godinet can play half back aswell so we could leave mcshane where hes best.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Jan 2019, 12:08

if you forget everything else just on gales goal kicking alone its going to be a massive loss to us,this point few weeks to go to kick off cant see a lot of options out there who we could bring in to replace him
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 08 Jan 2019, 12:20

tigerfeat wrote:if you forget everything else just on gales goal kicking alone its going to be a massive loss to us,this point few weeks to go to kick off cant see a lot of options out there who we could bring in to replace him
Jackson Hastings.
He just seems to make sense to everyone.
Cas - we need a half who can kick. But we only need him for a year until Gale is back.
Hastings - he’s been clear that he only wants to stay in England for a year, so that arrangement suits him.
Salford - in danger of entering administration. If selling one player (who they only have contracted for a year) avoids this (and the points deduction that will make them relegation favourites) then it makes sense for them to sell.

Obviously, I don’t know the club’s finances. But with Hastings only having a year’s contract at Salford and the fact they are staring down the barrel of administration, they won’t be able to command a massive fee. Likewise, we’re only guessing where we are with the salary cap, but if Gale doesn’t play all season he won’t count anyway.

Can we afford to pay a transfer fee and a salary to someone to cover for an injured player? Who knows. Can we afford not to though?