Luke Gale

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Luke Gale

Post by Burratha » 19 Mar 2019, 13:36

We'll need to make a decision about him soon, I reckon. Do we keep up his rehab, and introduce him (slowly) back into the team as the season goes on, or do we write him off completely for this season and spend the dispensation money (assuming we have some to spend) on a centre/whichever position (delete and replace with whichever position is flavour of the month, as applicable)...?

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 19 Mar 2019, 13:39

Burratha wrote:We'll need to make a decision about him soon, I reckon. Do we keep up his rehab, and introduce him (slowly) back into the team as the season goes on, or do we write him off completely for this season and spend the dispensation money (assuming we have some to spend) on a centre/whichever position (delete and replace with whichever position is flavour of the month, as applicable)...?
Big decision that, although I'd be tempted to write him off for the season and make sure he's 100% ready to go next year. Bringing back players from serious injury early can be a big risk. However, the only people that can make that decision are the player, medical staff and coaching staff.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Mar 2019, 14:07

Burratha wrote:We'll need to make a decision about him soon, I reckon. Do we keep up his rehab, and introduce him (slowly) back into the team as the season goes on, or do we write him off completely for this season and spend the dispensation money (assuming we have some to spend) on a centre/whichever position (delete and replace with whichever position is flavour of the month, as applicable)...?
Why do we ? We have Trueman and Rankin in the halves. Macca can play there and we may or may not Roberts at some point this year. Ellis will also be back in June/July i think.

No need to use it if you ask me unless some of the above get injured

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Mar 2019, 14:29

I wouldn't rush Gale back. It's not just about his actual fitness but his match fitness and sharpness too.

He hasn't played in how long? And won't be able to play for another 4/5 months potentially. 12 months out without a game isn't the best preparation for a high intensity play-off comp.

Personally, I agree in leaving him out for the rest of the season and get him a pre-season under his belt. I'd also the club aren't using it because they want to see what transpires in terms of clubs trying to free up cap space either before the end of the transfer window shutting Round 27 ish, or they'll try and get a player across they're looking at for next season across earlier.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 19 Mar 2019, 23:09

Nobody wrote:Exercise with no boot on now walking on treadmill. Slowly it surely.
Zero gravity / weight treadmill, still wearing boot day to day

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 20 Mar 2019, 01:41

fords wrote:
Why do we ? We have Trueman and Rankin in the halves. Macca can play there and we may or may not Roberts at some point this year. Ellis will also be back in June/July i think.

No need to use it if you ask me unless some of the above get injured
got to use it if the right centre comes on market, be silver wear suciside if not

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 20 Mar 2019, 08:37

IMO leave him til next year, as many have stated next year is THE big year, we are looking to make 2 / 3 real good signings (1 might happen this season), Gale will be fit, there will be no deadwood in the squad.

If we do not capitalize on next seasons squad by winning one of the 3 trophys available, it will be a travesty.

**** I am not saying we shouldnt be going for trophys this season....I am talking in terms of LGs fitness etc. ****
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 12 Apr 2019, 21:33

Rumoured to be 3 month away

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 12 Apr 2019, 21:46

Tigersbarmy wrote:Rumoured to be 3 month away
:pray:
But to be honest he will be miles off where we need him to be.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Apr 2019, 21:53

The best case scenario was always 6 months and July. Worst case scenario was 9-12 months (Oct-Jan).

Don’t think we should put pressure on him. Long term career far more important than trying to get him back for any big games.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 12 Apr 2019, 23:42

you never know, luke proved what an exceptionally quick healer he is with the appendix op. 6 to 8 weeks were quoted and he was back in 16 days i think. when you look at the incredible advances they are making in treating these sort of injuries it could happen.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Apr 2019, 02:03

Tigersbarmy wrote:Rumoured to be 3 month away
Where’s rumour from Tigersbarmy???

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 04 May 2019, 22:12

Does anyone think we will see him play for us this year ?

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 05 May 2019, 07:22

Tigersbarmy wrote:Does anyone think we will see him play for us this year ?
I wouldn't bother. Even if he is fit for last few games. (Unless we make play offs)

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 05 May 2019, 08:17

Swagger wrote:
Tigersbarmy wrote:Does anyone think we will see him play for us this year ?
I wouldn't bother. Even if he is fit for last few games. (Unless we make play offs)
This. Give him to the start of 2020 to complete a very thorough rehabilitation so he can hit the ground running next time round.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 05 May 2019, 09:42

When he came back last year he definitely wasn't match fit and looked well off the pace . Should cancel this year and come back after a solid pre season

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 05 May 2019, 10:06

Dez wrote:When he came back last year he definitely wasn't match fit and looked well off the pace . Should cancel this year and come back after a solid pre season
This. That Wigan semi we had 4 or 5 players nowhere near match ready playing and it cost us.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 05 May 2019, 11:36

So if he’s medically passed fit to play you would make the poor bloke wait another 6 month for some superleague rugby.no way would I do that and neither would luke.if hes medically ok to play then play the bloke

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 05 May 2019, 11:43

It’s not a question of whether he’s medically fit or not. The bloke hasn’t played for almost 2 years. He wouldn’t ever be match fit. He needs a full preseason and game time without pressure.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 05 May 2019, 11:55

Scoopage wrote:So if he’s medically passed fit to play you would make the poor bloke wait another 6 month for some superleague rugby.no way would I do that and neither would luke.if hes medically ok to play then play the bloke
Medically fit and match fitness are completely different things. Most of us would be medically fit to play but not match fit. Don’t confuse the two.