cant wait

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

cant wait

Post by gateman » 16 Dec 2018, 20:28

I bet a lot of you like me are missing our game, I am trying to fill the void chasing around on a Saturday picking a amateur game, If we haven't a game in the season on a Friday I am in the club early glued to the screen in the close season its been football and darts, Roll on the season KO

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: cant wait

Post by baldtiger » 16 Dec 2018, 20:31

lol am exactly the same cant wait much longer ,, :roll:

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 16 Dec 2018, 23:52

In all honesty..... This is probably the least excited I've been to a season for quite a few seasons.

No signings and starting the season with injuries doesn't bode well for me. Some of our pack starting to age as well. I can't see us performing like recent years.

Just hope I'm completely wrong. At this stage I think we will be fighting for 5th.

Once again I see our crowds dropping thanks to Sky games and not many Sunday games which isn't great also.

Not a doom and gloomer. Just looking at our current situation.

oldplayer 1

Post by oldplayer 1 » 17 Dec 2018, 00:17

Swagger wrote:In all honesty..... This is probably the least excited I've been to a season for quite a few seasons.

No signings and starting the season with injuries doesn't bode well for me. Some of our pack starting to age as well. I can't see us performing like recent years.

Just hope I'm completely wrong. At this stage I think we will be fighting for 5th.

Once again I see our crowds dropping thanks to Sky games and not many Sunday games which isn't great also.

Add to that new ground no chance now and mr fulton wanting is money back in two year time scale. Can understand why you think like that we have being behind the black ball before so chin up lets play some rugby see what happens

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Dec 2018, 00:34

A lot of doom and gloom, us as supporters can only do what we do best get behind the lads , things that have been mentioned we have no control over, in the mean time COME ON YE FORD

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Dec 2018, 09:06

For the first time in living memory I'm struggling to get excited about the new season not sure what that's all about I think the side will be top four next season
Even when we've had a poor side and it was obvious there would be nowt down for us id start to be excited when the new season was just around the corner
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 17 Dec 2018, 10:50

oldplayer 1 wrote:
Swagger wrote:In all honesty..... This is probably the least excited I've been to a season for quite a few seasons.

Add to that new ground no chance now and mr fulton wanting is money back in two year time scale. Can understand why you think like that we have being behind the black ball before so chin up lets play some rugby see what happens
I take it lateral have said axiom is dead. Pity. That is probably the only way the fultons will get their money out was selling the ground.

Funny that the 2 year timescale would be when the new ground would be finished by.

Are these two of the points from the agm?

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 17 Dec 2018, 11:19

mart0042 wrote:
oldplayer 1 wrote:

I take it lateral have said axiom is dead. Pity. That is probably the only way the fultons will get their money out was selling the ground.

Funny that the 2 year timescale would be when the new ground would be finished by.

Once again, someone makes a spurious claim and it becomes fact within minutes.

Axiom is not dead, final approvals are now scheduled to be approved in January after being delayed from November... doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Dec 2018, 11:25

What caused the delay in November for it to be put back until January.
Could the same thing happen in January for it to be put back until March......and so on and so on.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 17 Dec 2018, 11:37

SREGITSAC wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
oldplayer 1 wrote:

Once again, someone makes a spurious claim and it becomes fact within minutes.

Axiom is not dead, final approvals are now scheduled to be approved in January after being delayed from November... doesn’t mean it’s not happening.
Show the people one scrap off evidence its going to happen you seam very confident hope your right like or that could be all she wrote for are super league status in a few years. :pray:

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 17 Dec 2018, 11:50

old cas lass wrote:What caused the delay in November for it to be put back until January.
a total lack of confidence and performance in the retail sector I would have thought OCL

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 17 Dec 2018, 11:57

Swagger wrote:Some of our pack starting to age as well. I can't see us performing like recent years.
Players aging and passing their peak always seems to take Cas by surprise for some reason. The signs were there last year with Shenton but he looks set to stagger on as one of our first choice centres for another year.
Millington has been a fantastic servant one of the best but he can’t go on forever and I expect to see cracks appearing this season.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Dec 2018, 12:01

alftupper wrote:
old cas lass wrote:What caused the delay in November for it to be put back until January.
a total lack of confidence and performance in the retail sector I would have thought OCL
What happens if the same happens in January.
Sadly the stadium is all dependent on an industry that’s very insecure.
Can’t see it getting any better in the near future.
Not sure if brexit as nowt to do with it, I can see the brexit farce running for a while yet.
Not looking good.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Dec 2018, 12:02

Lads and Lasses we can not control anything that's happening of the field, YES we would all love to be walking into a new stadium, if it comes great in the mean time our job as supporters is to back the lads on the field

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 17 Dec 2018, 12:10

gateman wrote:Lads and Lasses we can not control anything that's happening of the field, YES we would all love to be walking into a new stadium, if it comes great in the mean time our job as supporters is to back the lads on the field
Spot on.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 17 Dec 2018, 12:46

alftupper wrote:
Swagger wrote:Some of our pack starting to age as well. I can't see us performing like recent years.
Players aging and passing their peak always seems to take Cas by surprise for some reason. The signs were there last year with Shenton but he looks set to stagger on as one of our first choice centres for another year.
Millington has been a fantastic servant one of the best but he can’t go on forever and I expect to see cracks appearing this season.
Thats why we need Ikahifo to replace him in a few years. 35k if thats what they want would be worth it

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 17 Dec 2018, 13:21

Personally I cant wait for the new season because I am a RL fan, much like Gateman I am often at one amateur RL game or another on a Saturday afternoon just to get a fix.

I would like a new stadium and I would like to sign a couple of superstar players, but ultimately I will still be there on the 30th of Dec and at the start of the season because I love watching RL and Cas is my team.

And for what its worth so long as we are competitive home and away and I get to see some exiting matches and good quality RL I will be happy.

I never started following Cas on the proviso that they won at least one major trophy every X number of years.

Suppose I am just easier to please than some folks, although our lass may not agree :D

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 17 Dec 2018, 14:03

Well it is Christmas so perhaps we can hope for a Miracle on 42nd Street, or as we now it, Wheldon Road. :lol:

Happy Christmas folks.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 17 Dec 2018, 14:48

Not desperate for the season to start,I like a game of golf and I also watch Leeds united so the off season as been kind.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 18 Dec 2018, 10:48

braytontiger wrote:Not desperate for the season to start,I like a game of golf and I also watch Leeds united so the off season as been kind.
How the other half live....

Only joking, you don't fancy buying a rugby club do you? :lol: