cant wait

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: cant wait

Post by braytontiger » 18 Dec 2018, 13:28

mart0042 wrote:
braytontiger wrote:Not desperate for the season to start,I like a game of golf and I also watch Leeds united so the off season as been kind.
How the other half live....

Only joking, you don't fancy buying a rugby club do you? :lol:
Work hard,play harder where only here a short time,I love most sports tbh but if I had a few million in the bank it would be a few racehorses not a rugby club I'd buy. ;)

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 18 Dec 2018, 16:19

old cas lass wrote:
alftupper wrote:
old cas lass wrote:What caused the delay in November for it to be put back until January.
a total lack of confidence and performance in the retail sector I would have thought OCL
What happens if the same happens in January.
Sadly the stadium is all dependent on an industry that’s very insecure.
Can’t see it getting any better in the near future.
Not sure if brexit as nowt to do with it, I can see the brexit farce running for a while yet.
Not looking good.
It is going to get worse before it gets better OCL, I will be very surprised if this development was to happen in its current ambitious state.
Sadly the club chose to place all its eggs in one basket

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 19 Dec 2018, 10:41

braytontiger wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
braytontiger wrote:Not desperate for the season to start,I like a game of golf and I also watch Leeds united so the off season as been kind.

Work hard,play harder where only here a short time,I love most sports tbh but if I had a few million in the bank it would be a few racehorses not a rugby club I'd buy. ;)
I've been to United a few times myself. I can see promotion. I wonder if it will effect the rhinos crowd like has happened at Bradford and Huddersfield.

Also, after seeing new grounds like man City, arsenal and now spurs. Wouldn't it be great to have something similar for Leeds. It could then be rugby leagues home to England.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Dec 2018, 10:44

mart0042 wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
mart0042 wrote:

I've been to United a few times myself. I can see promotion. I wonder if it will effect the rhinos crowd like has happened at Bradford and Huddersfield.

Also, after seeing new grounds like man City, arsenal and now spurs. Wouldn't it be great to have something similar for Leeds. It could then be rugby leagues home to England.
I've always said, the day Leeds United return to the Premier League, Rhinos crowds will die, especially any Friday night games/ Sunday afternoon games. LUFC season ticket prices will increase and you'll find fans/families having to make a financial decision between the rugby and football - Premier League football will more than likely win.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 19 Dec 2018, 10:49

heritage1926 wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
mart0042 wrote:

I've always said, the day Leeds United return to the Premier League, Rhinos crowds will die, especially any Friday night games/ Sunday afternoon games. LUFC season ticket prices will increase and you'll find fans/families having to make a financial decision between the rugby and football - Premier League football will more than likely win.
I think they'll sell out each week and with higher prices, purple have waited that long for it. Would like to see the 49ers buy the club and invest like other American football owners have at Liverpool, Fulham, man utd.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 19 Dec 2018, 10:58

I remember when United were in the top division, Leeds Rhinos still had big gates. It's a big city. Last year they had decent gates when struggling, so if they become successful again, they won't suffer from United's success.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Dec 2018, 11:21

cogito ergo sum wrote:I remember when United were in the top division, Leeds Rhinos still had big gates. It's a big city. Last year they had decent gates when struggling, so if they become successful again, they won't suffer from United's success.
Leeds have been out of the top flight for 15 years. Some of the younger fan base won't have ever seen them play in it. It's a different era now.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 19 Dec 2018, 11:53

We'll get a clue in the new year, as United will be selling out as they push for promotion and Rhinos start their new era.

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 19 Dec 2018, 13:19

Shame they dont put the christmas rugby games on sky

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 19 Dec 2018, 13:33

John wrote:Shame they dont put the christmas rugby games on sky
Christmas is full of sport, so they won't be showing meaningless friendlies.