London away

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
betts21
League One Player
League One Player

London away

Post by betts21 » 13 Dec 2018, 18:41

Has anyone ever been to the ealing ground before is there much around it how easy is it to get a tube from london there?

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: London away

Post by braytontiger » 13 Dec 2018, 20:51

betts21 wrote:Has anyone ever been to the ealing ground before is there much around it how easy is it to get a tube from london there?
Yes. Nothing much around the ground,id say perryvale is the closest tube station around a 10/15 minute walk across Ealing golf course. Don't fall for going to Ealing tube station its a bus ride as I found out the first time I went.

There is a pub on the north circular road "perryvale farm" same group has Birchwood that do meals at a very reasonable price considering its London.

The ground is very small and compact but always a warm welcome and worth the visit,not sure its equipped to deal with a large following.

Hope that helps

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 13 Dec 2018, 23:38

braytontiger wrote:
betts21 wrote:Has anyone ever been to the ealing ground before is there much around it how easy is it to get a tube from london there?
Yes. Nothing much around the ground,id say perryvale is the closest tube station around a 10/15 minute walk across Ealing golf course. Don't fall for going to Ealing tube station its a bus ride as I found out the first time I went.

There is a pub on the north circular road "perryvale farm" same group has Birchwood that do meals at a very reasonable price considering its London.

The ground is very small and compact but always a warm welcome and worth the visit,not sure its equipped to deal with a large following.

Hope that helps
It does thanks thinking of making a night of it down there with it been a saturday kick off.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 13 Dec 2018, 23:58

betts21 wrote:
braytontiger wrote:

Hope that helps
It does thanks thinking of making a night of it down there with it been a saturday kick off.
I was thinking the same but when I go down there I normally stop in a little hotel in Watford, which is quite reasonably priced, and get the train into London. I've looked at the maps and Watford to Ealing looks a pain in the a***! Gonna have to look for somewhere to stop thats easier to get to Ealing I think.

7oaksholidayhomepark

Post by 7oaksholidayhomepark » 14 Dec 2018, 07:28

Booked 2 nights at the London Greenford Hotel Premier Inn for two at a cost of £134.00 B &B
B. Looks to be a very short distance from the ground, have a look, Google map it. Got this from another supporter on the supporters Facebook who say they have also booked it. Hope this helps.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 14 Dec 2018, 10:39

In staying at the Premier Inn Ealing on the Saturday going by train early Saturday. Looking forward to it.

Hotel 0.7 miles from Ealing Broadway tube.

Hotel to ground 1.7 miles

Twin room with breakfast £71.00

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 14 Dec 2018, 17:46

Sounds good, I’ll take a look. Cheers!

7oaksholidayhomepark

Post by 7oaksholidayhomepark » 15 Dec 2018, 13:12

Just a thought for anybody who is looking to stay over in London for the Broncos, the game comes at the end of the first main school holidays of the year for a lot of the local authorities in and around the Midlands. You might want to think about booking accommodation early rather than nearer the date due to availability and possible price hikes as London is likely to be a popular city break that week.

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 31 Dec 2018, 16:04

I saw the club post the ticket prices for this game and they have them in stock in the shop,
charging £23 for adults, £18 for concessions.

I went onto London’s website to see what was covered as a concession ticket and spotted that they are charging
£20 for adults and £15 for concessions, no postage print your tickets at home....

Which made me uncomfortable and start to think,
Why are the club charging us fans an extra £3 per ticket?!?
:shock:

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 31 Dec 2018, 16:55

JSLisnotaprop wrote:I saw the club post the ticket prices for this game and they have them in stock in the shop,

I went onto London’s website to see what was covered as a concession ticket and spotted that they are charging
£20 for adults and £15 for concessions, no postage print your tickets at home....

Interestingly my first reaction to that, is why are LONDON charging away fans more than they are charging home supporters! Suppose it is all about your personal attitude to the people running the Cas Tigers?
cum on you Ford

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 31 Dec 2018, 17:06

Aid wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:I saw the club post the ticket prices for this game and they have them in stock in the shop,

Interestingly my first reaction to that, is why are LONDON charging away fans more than they are charging home supporters! Suppose it is all about your personal attitude to the people running the Cas Tigers?
Fair point Aid and I wish this was the case, i did jump to the conclusion that it was CAS charging more and it seems I was correct to do so...

https://wakefieldtrinity.com/london-bro ... available/

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 31 Dec 2018, 17:30

Just checked London site and they are £23. Not sure why they are selling the Wakey ones at £20, maybe it’s just that the opposition isn’t quite as attractive. :lol:

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 31 Dec 2018, 17:40

Nu Shooze wrote:Just checked London site and they are £23. Not sure why they are selling the Wakey ones at £20, maybe it’s just that the opposition isn’t quite as attractive. :lol:
Answers on a postcard!
Attachments
ED56CA2A-D1FB-479D-9A5D-ED4878E19977.jpeg

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 31 Dec 2018, 17:49

Think EARLY and BIRD are the operative words here.
Wakey n Cas prices are 23 quid. Wigan EARLY BIRD tickets are 20 quid. Maybe London's EB prices only last so long before the price goes up?

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 31 Dec 2018, 18:03

Fryston Tiger wrote:Think EARLY and BIRD are the operative words here.
Wakey n Cas prices are 23 quid. Wigan EARLY BIRD tickets are 20 quid. Maybe London's EB prices only last so long before the price goes up?
Well spotted there Fryston I’ll give you that one.

Glad I took the opportunity to pick a handful up online when they were at £20...
Prehaps if we’d had taken the same approach as Wakey and offered our own fans the early bird price the club would have taken my £100 and not London, another missed opportunity eh?...

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 31 Dec 2018, 18:17

I would rather pay the extra money so the club got it but each to their own.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 31 Dec 2018, 19:00

Snap that's a joke hadn't even seen tickets advertised I'll be buying
From london.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 01 Jan 2019, 10:38

betts21 wrote:Snap that's a joke hadn't even seen tickets advertised I'll be buying
From london.
Tickets on the London site are now £23. Best buying from Cas as we’d then get a percentage of the £23

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 02 Jan 2019, 00:13

Fumper27 wrote:
betts21 wrote:Snap that's a joke hadn't even seen tickets advertised I'll be buying
From london.
Tickets on the London site are now £23. Best buying from Cas as we’d then get a percentage of the £23
Eh I always thought you got discount asking as you purchased tickets up front last year?

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 28 Jan 2019, 11:51

Booked premier in about 1.5 mile away from ground. First time driving down London. Cheapest option is to drive down for myself and 3 kids. What's the traffic like round that area and what am I looking at for fuel cost roughly for round trip from Cas?
🐯 COYF!