New season tickets

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Re: New season tickets

Post by Tigerade » 08 Dec 2018, 16:03

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Does anyone know how the new season ticket card is going to be managed? Always been a book with a token taken out but now just a credit card type instead.

I take it new technology will need to be used to scan the cards? Not seen or heard anything though. I am only assuming this as other clubs have a scan system that needs something to scan the card with.
Surprised you didn't notice the new system this season LT. ;)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Dec 2018, 16:13

Or at least hear someone say bloody scanners not working properly :D
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 08 Dec 2018, 17:27

Nobody wrote::D I must be one of them scrubbers

I let my other daughter use season ticket when other one can't make it to games.

Where's the harm in it? I'll carry on doing it with the new card as well until I get caught. :-" Like I did last season
The club brought in the scanning system as people were forging the ticket books and apparently they were such good quality that they were getting away with it. You also had people signing up on direct debit getting the book and then cancelling the direct debit and the club had no way to cancel the book.

Now, you don’t pay an instalment your card gets deactivated. Great idea by the club!

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 08 Dec 2018, 18:26

Loads of people got them in instalments paid one payment got the season ticket and stopped paying.

That’s why it was changed.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 08 Dec 2018, 18:34

Mucky1978 wrote:Loads of people got them in instalments paid one payment got the season ticket and stopped paying.

I have no idea why someone would want to do that, it's theft - plain and simple. Fair play to the club for putting the cards in place if that is the reason.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 08 Dec 2018, 18:45

SREGITSAC wrote:
Nobody wrote::D I must be one of them scrubbers

I let my other daughter use season ticket when other one can't make it to games.

Where's the harm in it? I'll carry on doing it with the new card as well until I get caught. :-" Like I did last season
The club brought in the scanning system as people were forging the ticket books and apparently they were such good quality that they were getting away with it. You also had people signing up on direct debit getting the book and then cancelling the direct debit and the club had no way to cancel the book.

Now, you don’t pay an instalment your card gets deactivated. Great idea by the club!
Agree.
🐯 COYF!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 08 Dec 2018, 19:33

derbystiger wrote:
Mucky1978 wrote:Loads of people got them in instalments paid one payment got the season ticket and stopped paying.

I have no idea why someone would want to do that, it's theft - plain and simple.
Pretty much answered your own question there pal. It’s a sign of the crazy world we all now live in.

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 09 Dec 2018, 14:32

Apparently new type of scanners will be in place for next season so I have been informed when I picked season ticket up on Saturday. This credit card type of season ticket is far better than the old book type, Credit to the club for introducing it.

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 11 Dec 2018, 13:25

Picked my new season ticket up today and it was good to see Steve Gill back at the club giving that personal touch that you always got with him. It's the little things that count like calling you by your first name and thanking you for your support, well done Steve.