Starting Line Up

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Starting Line Up

Post by John » 19 Dec 2018, 09:38

No way will turner be in the squad not good eniugh anyway he off out on loan

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Dec 2018, 10:30

John wrote:No way will turner be in the squad not good eniugh anyway he off out on loan
On what basis is he not good enough? 2 games come to mind last year where he stepped up and even won us the game.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Dec 2018, 10:38

Agree on what I saw last year at warrington admit it was only one game id give Turner if he has a good pre season a chance of playing full-back next season
Leaving matautia to play centre where I think he would be one of best in comp
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 19 Dec 2018, 12:15

heritage1926 wrote:
John wrote:No way will turner be in the squad not good eniugh anyway he off out on loan
On what basis is he not good enough? 2 games come to mind last year where he stepped up and even won us the game.
He had 5 games and played very well in 1st game rest he did nothing played shocking for the 19s all season thats what its based on

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Dec 2018, 15:49

John wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
He had 5 games and played very well in 1st game rest he did nothing played shocking for the 19s all season thats what its based on
If Turner was shocking in the under 19s why we're a number of clubs after him and why did we offer him a new two year deal ?
Vince Lombardi

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 19 Dec 2018, 16:30

tigerfeat wrote:Agree on what I saw last year at warrington admit it was only one game id give Turner if he has a good pre season a chance of playing full-back next season
Leaving matautia to play centre where I think he would be one of best in comp
I've thought the same myself, the only thing that slightly concerns me is Turners attitude at times. I think it was Widnes away when he came off the bench onto the right wing and looked totally uninterested and like a sulky schoolkid. I obviously don't see him every day at training so could be wrong, but I get the impression with him that he throws his toys out of the pram if he doesn't get his way. I hope I'm wrong as he certainly looks to have talent.

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 19 Dec 2018, 19:49

tigerfeat wrote:
John wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
If Turner was shocking in the under 19s why we're a number of clubs after him and why did we offer him a new two year deal ?
The only other club offered where warrington he did play well againt them i go to a lot of the 19s games and he was the least inpressive as far as pre season ive seen him train and came from quite a few he not doing good dont get me wrong i hope he comes good when out on loan but for now he has to up it big time

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Dec 2018, 20:01

Dissapointing for me to read that report John...he threw one of the best out of the back of the hand passes i saw all season to set up one of the tries at wire never put a foot wrong really till he dropped a bomb I think it was late in the game
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 19 Dec 2018, 20:19

I don't like to criticise young players but I'd have to agree with johns assessment that his mood changes like the wind. I think he got a little bit too big for his boots in the 19s after his cameo at Warrington,In fact I'd say the team played better without him when switching the half back to full back.

Hopefully he proves us all wrong and stakes a claim this year as at 19/20 he has time to get his head straight,no doubt at some point during the season we are going to need him.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 19 Dec 2018, 22:53

braytontiger wrote:I don't like to criticise young players but I'd have to agree with johns assessment that his mood changes like the wind. I think he got a little bit too big for his boots in the 19s after his cameo at Warrington,In fact I'd say the team played better without him when switching the half back to full back.

Hopefully he proves us all wrong and stakes a claim this year as at 19/20 he has time to get his head straight,no doubt at some point during the season we are going to need him.
Hi attitude is the only worry he is an incredibly gifted player just needs to get his head down work hard and take his chances and add some more pace but between the ears he can pick plays and passes at a top level IMO

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 20 Dec 2018, 08:49

Anyone on Twitter and following Cas tigers stats and it shows callum had 47% missed tackles last season . A good run in a championship team will do him a world of good

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 20 Dec 2018, 09:05

My only concern is the centre spot, here's hoping one of the lads can fit in and fill the void left by Jake a certainly would not think of moving the full back we signed late last season I thought he equipped him self very well

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 20 Dec 2018, 12:15

For me, the question right now is this;

Why did we let Jake Webster leave without a replacement from outside of the squad?

Ok, Jake was approaching past it stage in SL.

That's not to say he couldn't have been a wonderful supersub: let's say fozzy or mini were getting shafted by Percival or whomever, Jake COULD & WOULD have come on and sorted them out.....

Just an example

Bad planning. So far. Again.
Audacter Et Sincere

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 20 Dec 2018, 13:00

Mysterio wrote:For me, the question right now is this;

Why did we let Jake Webster leave without a replacement from outside of the squad?

That's not to say he couldn't have been a wonderful supersub: let's say fozzy or mini were getting shafted by Percival or whomever, Jake COULD & WOULD have come on and sorted them out.....

Just an example

Whilst I may not agree with it, my understanding is that Minikin has been penciled in by the Club to fulfill the role so the 'forward planning' box may be ticked.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 20 Dec 2018, 13:40

Flat Capper wrote:
Mysterio wrote:For me, the question right now is this;

Just an example

Whilst I may not agree with it, my understanding is that Minikin has been penciled in by the Club to fulfill the role so the 'forward planning' box may be ticked.
But then, if Minikin doesn't start the season in the centres, then the club have failed.

I hope to god we already have someone lined up to replace Millington when he decided to call it a day!

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 20 Dec 2018, 14:03

heritage1926 wrote:
I hope to god we already have someone lined up to replace Millington when he decided to call it a day!
Those will be massive boots to fill when the time comes, the blokes a machine - replacing him aint no easy task

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 20 Dec 2018, 14:50

derbystiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
Those will be massive boots to fill when the time comes, the blokes a machine - replacing him aint no easy task
Personally thought Millo looked on his last legs last season, although that could have been down to the mountain of work he got through in the early part of the season before Watts came in to share some of the work load.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 20 Dec 2018, 15:14

Sharlotiger wrote: Personally thought Millo looked on his last legs last season, although that could have been down to the mountain of work he got through in the early part of the season before Watts came in to share some of the work load.
I think you've hit the nail on the head there, Millo did massive minutes and got through so much graft before Watts came on board that he was looking tired in the second half of the season. He'll be back fresh next season I reckon.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 20 Dec 2018, 15:52

derbystiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
That's obviously what Maher has been kept around for :roll: :lol:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 20 Dec 2018, 16:12

the machine wrote:
derbystiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
That's obviously what Maher has been kept around for :roll: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Mahers not fit to lace Millo's boots never mind fill em