Starting Line Up

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Starting Line Up

Post by thedogvinnie » 11 Dec 2018, 15:29

i bet DP is so grateful to the online experts for giving him a few pointers. I see nowt has changed on here

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 11 Dec 2018, 16:55

jackknife wrote:
flow wrote: pat
minikin
Roberts
shenton
eden
trueman
ellis
watts
macca
millo
jess
meeks
foster

moors
milner
clark
turner

don't look too bad with gale a slight chance off making it play turner on bench in case back line is not working move pat up to centre spoilt for forwards with cook massey wardle not making it and holmes to come back.
Not trying to catch you out here flow but who's pat?
think its one off is nick names about two other posters have put pat before me but you did not pick it up lol whats your opinion on team any way with out trying to pick up errors don't get like other sad gets on here lol

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 11 Dec 2018, 17:25

thedogvinnie wrote:i bet DP is so grateful to the online experts for giving him a few pointers. I see nowt has changed on here
Oh, it's fab.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 11 Dec 2018, 18:02

flow wrote:
jackknife wrote:
minikin
Roberts
shenton
eden
trueman
ellis
watts
macca
millo
jess
meeks
foster

moors
milner
clark
turner

don't look too bad with gale a slight chance off making it play turner on bench in case back line is not working move pat up to centre spoilt for forwards with cook massey wardle not making it and holmes to come back.
think its one off is nick names about two other posters have put pat before me but you did not pick it up lol whats your opinion on team any way with out trying to pick up errors don't get like other sad gets on here lol
His brother is called Pat who people on here said we was trying to sign
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 11 Dec 2018, 18:03

This was my team flow
jackknife wrote:Mata’utia
Clare
Minikin
Shenny
Eden
Trueman / Ellis
Roberts
Millo
Macca
Watts
Foster
Meeks
Milner

Jesse
Cook
Moors
Massey / Clark

Its getting harder and harder to pick a team which is a good, for last few seasons most fans could predict our starting 17 from what was available.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Dec 2018, 20:33

flow wrote:
jackknife wrote:
minikin
Roberts
shenton
eden
trueman
ellis
watts
macca
millo
jess
meeks
foster

moors
milner
clark
turner

He’s got two brothers, one whose called Pat who we’ve been linked with to fill the void we have on the centre. Pat is allegedly better than Peter so would be a great signing. Not sure on Roberts in the centres given he was so poor at full back and doesn’t tend to play decent until the weather improves. If we don’t sign anyone, it’d Wardle for me. If he leaves, Foster would be next in line. I do get excited though with the thought of the forward line up we could name along with a very strong bench.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 12 Dec 2018, 10:51

John wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:Grafting in Cumbria will have a better impact on the squad than warm weather training in Tenerife or wherever. Pre season is never supposed to be like an holiday. Last seasons pre season was like a jolly boys outing. That's what the few months after the season is for.
Lads are still off to warm weather training in jan
Good. Both is ideal.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 12 Dec 2018, 10:55

Fumper27 wrote:
flow wrote:
jackknife wrote:
minikin
Roberts
shenton
eden
trueman
ellis
watts
macca
millo
jess
meeks
foster

moors
milner
clark
turner

He’s got two brothers, one whose called Pat who we’ve been linked with to fill the void we have on the centre. Pat is allegedly better than Peter so would be a great signing. Not sure on Roberts in the centres given he was so poor at full back and doesn’t tend to play decent until the weather improves. If we don’t sign anyone, it’d Wardle for me. If he leaves, Foster would be next in line. I do get excited though with the thought of the forward line up we could name along with a very strong bench.
I reckon he'll be here either during this year or at the end. We'll just have to move a cap space on like we did with jy. Maybe we are waiting to see how many season tickets we sell to see if we can afford and stay in profit.

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 12 Dec 2018, 15:02

Fumper27 wrote:
flow wrote:
jackknife wrote:
minikin
Roberts
shenton
eden
trueman
ellis
watts
macca
millo
jess
meeks
foster

moors
milner
clark
turner

Its not a bad shout Fumper with Wardle having played the majority of his career in the centre I would expect DP is looking at him and Minikin and probably foster as well with a view to who will get the nod for the first few games.

And I agree I think the pack looks good for next year, I think we will see big things from Wattsy this year.....

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Dec 2018, 15:06

Think the thinking is minikin or Roberts will go for the centre spot Clare on the wing foster in forwards
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 12 Dec 2018, 15:08

westyorkylad wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
flow wrote:
jackknife wrote:
minikin
Roberts
shenton
eden
trueman
ellis
watts
macca
millo
jess
meeks
foster

moors
milner
clark
turner

Its not a bad shout Fumper with Wardle having played the majority of his career in the centre I would expect DP is looking at him and Minikin and probably foster as well with a view to who will get the nod for the first few games.

And I agree I think the pack looks good for next year, I think we will see big things from Wattsy this year.....
Good point but trouble is all three players have played centre but none have a passing game they play centre like there in Secound row. the way we play we need a centre who can get ball to winger .

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 12 Dec 2018, 15:31

^^^
Flow, but if it is for the first part of the season, when conditions are expected to be heavy, maybe having a back row forward playing in the centre isn’t a bad thing?? However, when the grounds firm up, I would expect us to have a set in stone plan A

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 12 Dec 2018, 20:53

Fumper27 wrote:^^^
Flow, but if it is for the first part of the season, when conditions are expected to be heavy, maybe having a back row forward playing in the centre isn’t a bad thing?? However, when the grounds firm up, I would expect us to have a set in stone plan A
good point seasons starting earlier each season so much for summer rugby lol

oldplayer 1

Post by oldplayer 1 » 19 Dec 2018, 09:30

well not long to go now to season start, first time I can ever remember not making one single signing only reason I can think the money pot run dry . don't believe its a coaching decision and what is point in paying wells if no money to spend any way. Any run off injury's could be very hard season :shock: :shock:

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Dec 2018, 09:35

We're doomed all doomed I say :D
Vince Lombardi

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 19 Dec 2018, 09:38

No way will turner be in the squad not good eniugh anyway he off out on loan

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Dec 2018, 10:30

John wrote:No way will turner be in the squad not good eniugh anyway he off out on loan
On what basis is he not good enough? 2 games come to mind last year where he stepped up and even won us the game.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Dec 2018, 10:38

Agree on what I saw last year at warrington admit it was only one game id give Turner if he has a good pre season a chance of playing full-back next season
Leaving matautia to play centre where I think he would be one of best in comp
Vince Lombardi

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 19 Dec 2018, 12:15

heritage1926 wrote:
John wrote:No way will turner be in the squad not good eniugh anyway he off out on loan
On what basis is he not good enough? 2 games come to mind last year where he stepped up and even won us the game.
He had 5 games and played very well in 1st game rest he did nothing played shocking for the 19s all season thats what its based on

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Dec 2018, 15:49

John wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
He had 5 games and played very well in 1st game rest he did nothing played shocking for the 19s all season thats what its based on
If Turner was shocking in the under 19s why we're a number of clubs after him and why did we offer him a new two year deal ?
Vince Lombardi