2019 Season tickets.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

2019 Season tickets.

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 17 Nov 2018, 13:07

With one week of ‘early bird’ prices remaining we don’t appear to be hearing much from the Club. With the inactivity in terms of squad strengthening & no news on the stadium front are the club at a ‘fingers crossed & hope for the best’ point?
For the first time in over 15 years I’m seriously considering whether to renew my season ticket. Either way I certainly won’t be buying the family ticket I usually do as the lack of Sunday afternoon games makes it completely pointless for my kids (I’ll be keeping my lottery on though).
Is anyone else struggling to get themselves remotely interested in next season?
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: 2019 Season tickets.

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Nov 2018, 13:15

To be honest, the off-season seems to have dragged. I couldn’t even get myself that enthusiastic for the England games.

There has been literally zero and nothing to get excited about. No buzz, no off-season chat, no interviews. It’s like the club shuts down as soon as October begins.

Preseason starts again so I’m hoping something ramps up. The club can’t respond to every concern - it’s impractical. But you do wonder whether they could have had some interviews with people about expectations for next season and recruitment just to appease fans and at least give us some understanding.

I have no qualms about the squad per se and still think we are a strong team but I do wonder whether we just think fans will be loyal no matter what at times. Media and marketing has always been my bugbear over the last decade - it is essentially the image of the club. We need to be talked about, we need to be in the press, we need to be enthusiastic. Hell at this moment in time I’d even take a wild rumour that we are signing Jarryd Hayne or Sam Tagataese (yes I know he’s just signed a new deal) just to give us something.

With us playing sides so many times, the fixtures are no longer exciting. People are cynical about the new kits. Every aspect of the off-season has just been totally miserable. Some would say as fans we need to start talking up our team, the club, much as it is said about the sport in general. But it’s a two way street - give us something, we will respond.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Nov 2018, 13:35

Agree with whats being put above people you talk to around the town after theve said( why the he'll we not signed anybody yet ) are feeling we've lost the plot a bit
I think the manner in which we lost to Wigan did more damage than losing to leeds in the grand final just a awful performance most people had a nightmare journey over some missed half the game and then to see us so far away from what was needed was a right kick in the whatsits
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 17 Nov 2018, 14:15

I'm not renewing! nothing to do with the team,club purely a financial decision as I miss at least 2 games already. In the past id have got a ticket regardless even if it meant losing a few quid.

What I would say is whoever markets the ladies team needs employing,I'm not into woman's rugby at all but its relentless and puts the men's/u19s coverage to shame.hopefully now everyone should be back things will start to build up,but that will be too late to enthuse people into buying a season ticket once the early bird ticket prices have gone up,again IMO that's a mistake 1 month before Xmas a season ticket isn't high on the agenda for a lot of families but get Xmas out of the way and some may find a few spare quid.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Nov 2018, 19:11

I have got mine, but I can see why people are not bothering, evening matches are not attractive to family's in an ideal world only the TV matches should be played midweek, I am sure the gates across the game would improve if this was applied ,

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 18 Nov 2018, 12:28

gateman wrote:I have got mine, but I can see why people are not bothering, evening matches are not attractive to family's in an ideal world only the TV matches should be played midweek, I am sure the gates across the game would improve if this was applied ,
unfortunately the fans used to be all clubs biggest asset before sky. now there biggest asset is sky money paying fans come second cant see it changing any time soon need tough people bargain in for the sport when the current deal ends and get guaranteed better days to be on sky or maybe bt might be interested

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Nov 2018, 14:43

my point was that all matches could be played on a weekend except the two TV matches , I can not see SKY objecting to that, on the negative side there would be a quick turn round for the clubs playing midweek but this would effect all the clubs from time to time, on the plus side more young kids going to matches these are the future of any club

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 18 Nov 2018, 14:54

gateman wrote:my point was that all matches could be played on a weekend except the two TV matches , I can not see SKY objecting to that, on the negative side there would be a quick turn round for the clubs playing midweek but this would effect all the clubs from time to time, on the plus side more young kids going to matches these are the future of any club
Unfortunately the real world is now a 7 day working week,I've no problems with Friday evenings but fixtures should be made as local as possible where they can on a Thursday.

Keithy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Keithy » 21 Nov 2018, 23:50

Super League XXIV will be my 25th consecutive season ticket. As a fanatical supporter of my team I buy a season ticket without even knowing if I can make every game as I make my donation to the clubs finances come what may and I'm ok with that.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 22 Nov 2018, 02:51

Yep, me too,I missed quite a few games last season but I always buy a season ticket to make my donation.

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 22 Nov 2018, 08:31

I can’t make most due to work but I’ve kept that tiger tv channel going as my contribution and will pay on the gate.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 22 Nov 2018, 09:03

Season tickets are not the bargain they used to be, though retired I miss a number of matches through different reasons , anyone that are in work must miss more, I get a bit more value by attending the under 19s, even these are mostly played on a Thursday night clashing with the TV games, I have advocated on here that Sunday afternoon when the first team have no game would increase our gates for these matches,

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 22 Nov 2018, 11:42

Never knew you went to watch the under 19’s that clashes with Thursday nights on Sky gateman? Why didn’t you mention it before?

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Nov 2018, 12:05

gateman wrote:I have advocated on here that Sunday afternoon when the first team have no game would increase our gates for these matches,
I disagree. If the first team haven’t got a game on the Sunday 99.9% of supporters would make plans other than to go and watch the U19s play.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 22 Nov 2018, 12:20

gateman wrote:Season tickets are not the bargain they used to be, though retired I miss a number of matches through different reasons , anyone that are in work must miss more, I get a bit more value by attending the under 19s, even these are mostly played on a Thursday night clashing with the TV games, I have advocated on here that Sunday afternoon when the first team have no game would increase our gates for these matches,

Its all down to how we advertise the 19s game overall,we regularly see gates of 4/500 for the ladies team which is constantly on social media in the build up to a game,people know who the players are,highlights of the game are shown. Other than the odd player most wouldn't have a clue who our 19s players are or what there background/position is. I've even been at 19s games away from home where a team sheet/result hasn't even appeared or waited days to read a match report.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 22 Nov 2018, 13:27

Agree with this Brayton but the world is revolving around promoting women in sport, nothing against that, but sometimes this can overtake and often replace other initiatives within the sport/club.

If the choice were to promote a women team instead of a 19s then we are seriously risking the future of the club as we don't and can't spend as others do. The juniors are the future of the club as are the fans. By all means promote the womens team but alongside and not instead of our future.

Remember players like Hardisty, Hepworth, Reilly, Johnson, Joyner, Marchant, Sampson, Clark and now Truman, to name but a few, came from the juniors and academies.

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 22 Nov 2018, 13:54

braytontiger wrote:
gateman wrote:Season tickets are not the bargain they used to be, though retired I miss a number of matches through different reasons , anyone that are in work must miss more, I get a bit more value by attending the under 19s, even these are mostly played on a Thursday night clashing with the TV games, I have advocated on here that Sunday afternoon when the first team have no game would increase our gates for these matches,

Its all down to how we advertise the 19s game overall,we regularly see gates of 4/500 for the ladies team which is constantly on social media in the build up to a game,people know who the players are,highlights of the game are shown. Other than the odd player most wouldn't have a clue who our 19s players are or what there background/position is. I've even been at 19s games away from home where a team sheet/result hasn't even appeared or waited days to read a match report.
Ive been saying for ages the u19s are not promoted enough the womens team get advertised at least 3 times in that week 19s have very little pictures put on average 5 a game shocking the match reports are very poor if your scoring you get mentioned but its the lads that set the trys up like storey with carr he would not of scored a lot of them trys if it had not been for storey but media never mention the players that do all the work

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 22 Nov 2018, 22:05

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Agree with this Brayton but the world is revolving around promoting women in sport, nothing against that, but sometimes this can overtake and often replace other initiatives within the sport/club.

If the choice were to promote a women team instead of a 19s then we are seriously risking the future of the club as we don't and can't spend as others do. The juniors are the future of the club as are the fans. By all means promote the womens team but alongside and not instead of our future.

Remember players like Hardisty, Hepworth, Reilly, Johnson, Joyner, Marchant, Sampson, Clark and now Truman, to name but a few, came from the juniors and academies.
This isn’t about promoting the women’s game over the U19’s at all, the Women’s team are run completely separately to the men’s team and as a result their marketing folk are focused solely on the women’s game. The u19s rely on the main club marketing them which they don’t spend much time or focus on.

Women can get stronger without taking things away from
Men.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 22 Nov 2018, 23:00

SREGITSAC wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Agree with this Brayton but the world is revolving around promoting women in sport, nothing against that, but sometimes this can overtake and often replace other initiatives within the sport/club.

This isn’t about promoting the women’s game over the U19’s at all, the Women’s team are run completely separately to the men’s team and as a result their marketing folk are focused solely on the women’s game. The u19s rely on the main club marketing them which they don’t spend much time or focus on.

Women can get stronger without taking things away from
Men.
Women game. Is amature and will never be any thing else unlike womens football who are full time now in top league just not enough money in rugby league but to say it could put the club in danger is ridiculous as for trueman he came through bradford juniors not Ares

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 23 Nov 2018, 08:18

I never said it was about promoting women instead of men. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)