Yorkshire schools boys v Australia.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Yorkshire schools boys v Australia.

Post by John » 28 Nov 2018, 11:24

Should be a good game was told today there still only 3 players for cas even with summers playing get down lane and support the lads

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 28 Nov 2018, 14:19

It’s gotta be better than watching cr@p on tv, so think I’ll come and give the lads a shout.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 28 Nov 2018, 14:25

I'm hoping to get down,really pleased for joe summers he's probably the most deserving to get a run out,unfortunate for peachy to have picked up an injury but his time will come.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Nov 2018, 21:02

Pretty decent game so far.
10 mins left of the first half.
6 4 so far.
Would be nice to see the ball go right a bit more for storey and carr. Not see a great deal of it.

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 28 Nov 2018, 21:25

These Yorkshire lads have had one training session together and are beating the best kids Australia has to offer 12 4 at half time. Outstanding defensive display so far and young Storey seems to have all the physical Attributes to make a great right centre. Hes certainly not given an inch to his opposite number.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Nov 2018, 21:41

Concentration gone from Yorkshire.
Australia have just clicked into gear.
Looking ominous now for the white rose lads.
16 22

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 28 Nov 2018, 21:42

this aus no14 has turned the game on its head

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Nov 2018, 21:45

derbystiger wrote:this aus no14 has turned the game on its head
Just scored an interception.
22 22

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 28 Nov 2018, 22:49

I enjoyed the game it was a good contest. Aussies looked fitter and faster but it's only the start of pre season for the Yorkshire lads,some of the forwards looked like they had been on 2 weeks all inclusive. Structure wise it wasnt great.

Summers went ok,story and Carr were never given a decent pass all night certainly nothing like the service they get for our 19s which is a shame as they are both better than what they showed tonight.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 28 Nov 2018, 23:37

Summers has got a way to go to get in to sone decent shape fpr bext year looks like hes enjoyed a good off season. Like you say carr and storey never really saw much storey droped of a couple o tackles and went off injured. Thought muizz mustapha went really well and just seeing Callum mcelland was gutting i still think he is going to be a really top halve if he gets brought on correctly

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 28 Nov 2018, 23:44

betts21 wrote:Summers has got a way to go to get in to sone decent shape fpr bext year looks like hes enjoyed a good off season. Like you say carr and storey never really saw much storey droped of a couple o tackles and went off injured. Thought muizz mustapha went really well and just seeing Callum mcelland was gutting i still think he is going to be a really top halve if he gets brought on correctly
Thought mustapha was best player mcelland was ok first half poor second half storey did some good tackles carr never realy did anything summers did well but look a bit heavy overall not a bad game

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 28 Nov 2018, 23:46

What was the final score. I had to go with about 5 mins left for work. Score was 22-30 then
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Nov 2018, 23:49

SWISS TONY!! wrote:What was the final score. I had to go with about 5 mins left for work. Score was 22-30 then
That’s was it at the end.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 29 Nov 2018, 07:48

betts21 wrote:Summers has got a way to go to get in to sone decent shape fpr bext year looks like hes enjoyed a good off season. Like you say carr and storey never really saw much storey droped of a couple o tackles and went off injured. Thought muizz mustapha went really well and just seeing Callum mcelland was gutting i still think he is going to be a really top halve if he gets brought on correctly
The problem with Callum is Callum plays for Callum and not the team as seen last night the players outside him never got a sniff all night.still think he's a quality player but I'm not sure half back is his long term position.anyhow he's not our problem now.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Nov 2018, 08:25

Thought mcellend looked very good see why leeds wanted to bring him back
Enjoyed the game more than I did a number of super league matches I watched last year
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Nov 2018, 09:28

Think one of the reasons I enjoyed it was the ref let the game flow and there wasn't all the wrestling and players trying to get a penalty at the play the ball every tackle
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 29 Nov 2018, 09:46

really enjoyable match, a good crowd the main stand was almost full with a sprinkling of fans round the ground , a big stint put in with all the Yorkshire forwards, the stand out player of these was the Leeds lad Mustapha ,of our three players Summers though he looks a tad over weight especially round his middle I thought he went well and I don't think he was subbed, Strorey looked OK with the ball in hand but missed a few tackles before going off injured my assumption for what its worth on this showing not ready for the first team, Carr hardly touched the ball may be two or three times but he looked very solid in defence,