Magic Weekend

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Magic Weekend

Post by flow » 13 Nov 2018, 22:02

Scoopage wrote:I’m booked in Friday to Monday.go early Friday, day/night round Liverpool then magic weekend then home on the Monday.cant wait
Same plenty places to stay plenty bars near ground too some people will tell you different but went two weeks ago counted ten bars in walking distance to ground and town centre one best nights u will have in England cheep beer prices too for a city cheaper then leeds for boozing

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 13 Nov 2018, 22:36

flow wrote:
Scoopage wrote:I’m booked in Friday to Monday.go early Friday, day/night round Liverpool then magic weekend then home on the Monday.cant wait
Same plenty places to stay plenty bars near ground too some people will tell you different but went two weeks ago counted ten bars in walking distance to ground and town centre one best nights u will have in England cheep beer prices too for a city cheaper then leeds for boozing
All well and good for single lads but what about those of us with young families?

It's an awful venue with families in mind,your basically tied to the stadium. I love my rugby but even I struggle to sit through 3 games in a afternoon.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 Nov 2018, 22:44

braytontiger wrote:
flow wrote:
All well and good for single lads but what about those of us with young families?

It's an awful venue with families in mind,your basically tied to the stadium. I love my rugby but even I struggle to sit through 3 games in a afternoon.
good point mate but were would you have it that's good for kids if Newcastle was a no go cause off union cant think off any top off me head were stadium big enough Manchester not family friendly place blackpool not big enough even ellend road as nothing round it.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 13 Nov 2018, 22:54

flow wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
flow wrote:

good point mate but were would you have it that's good for kids if Newcastle was a no go cause off union cant think off any top off me head were stadium big enough Manchester not family friendly place blackpool not big enough even ellend road as nothing round it.
Newcastle was available just either side of the bank holiday weekend. I always thought the ETIHAD was a great location,central to everyone, tram and train links across the north and plenty of hotels for those wanting to stay over. Yes it's a shame Blackpool wasn't 5k bigger although that could work if you made it 2 games sat-sun-mon and it would also drive demand for tickets.

I will go as always but Liverpool as no appeal to me so it will be a day trip. but not one I will look forward to has it should be a highlight of the season.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 Nov 2018, 23:08

Newcastle was not available they did not put in a financial bid to hold it this year spent a lot to get union European cup .man city is ok but Manchester is no good for weekend out hotels are one off dearest in country to start with . Every body as there opinion like am sure they will put some thing on for the kids train station only 5minutes drive to anfeild they putting on free buses shuttle service. were ever they have it you can bet rugby league wont promote it well any way .
I think famillys with young lads who like football will love to say they have being to Liverpool ground.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 13 Nov 2018, 23:28

I'm guessing hotel rooms will be tricky given its the Liverpool marathon & half marathon over the same weekend.

You just hope the RFL uses nearby Stanley Park as a fan zone with family facilities and pop up bars,food outlets etc.

The area around the ground isn't great is it?! :shock:

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 Nov 2018, 23:39

think a lot off people being negative with out giving it a chance Liverpool council must have giving best financial support to hold it. if its no good don't have to have it there again . Can remember people complaining about Newcastle before giving it a chance. its not cheap for rugby league to put a weekend like this on and need support off local council if its poor I will be first to say but give it a chance first

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 13 Nov 2018, 23:50

I’ve given it a chance with the 4 Nations Final and it’s a city I love. Spent a lot of time there in the 6 years our daughter lived there. I just think Anfield is a crap venue for a weekend event
Newcastle, Cardiff and even the Etihad are miles better

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 14 Nov 2018, 08:59

over the years our results at the magic weekend could not have been better the RLFC have given us a much harder task but have faith we can do it

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 14 Nov 2018, 09:24

Surprised they've not looked or considered Nottingham as a venue. Went last year for the Christmas Market and it was a fantastic city. Loads of bars and restaurants, easy access to the town centre by trams. Pretty cheap too.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 14 Nov 2018, 10:19

heritage1926 wrote:Surprised they've not looked or considered Nottingham as a venue. Went last year for the Christmas Market and it was a fantastic city. Loads of bars and restaurants, easy access to the town centre by trams. Pretty cheap too.
its not as straight forward as that you cant have it were you want got to be backed bye that city s council to put a bid in for it like it or not Liverpool must have being best financial option unfortunately most things come down to money these days.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Nov 2018, 10:24

flow wrote:think a lot off people being negative with out giving it a chance Liverpool council must have giving best financial support to hold it. if its no good don't have to have it there again . Can remember people complaining about Newcastle before giving it a chance. its not cheap for rugby league to put a weekend like this on and need support off local council if its poor I will be first to say but give it a chance first
I don't know if your on Liverpool tourist board or just not listening to what people are saying
Anfield is a fantastic stadium the problem is it's a 6 or 7 minute taxi ride from the city centre so not ideal for a two day rugby festival
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 14 Nov 2018, 10:38

tigerfeat wrote:
flow wrote:think a lot off people being negative with out giving it a chance Liverpool council must have giving best financial support to hold it. if its no good don't have to have it there again . Can remember people complaining about Newcastle before giving it a chance. its not cheap for rugby league to put a weekend like this on and need support off local council if its poor I will be first to say but give it a chance first
I don't know if your on Liverpool tourist board or just not listening to what people are saying
Anfield is a fantastic stadium the problem is it's a 6 or 7 minute taxi ride from the city centre so not ideal for a two day rugby festival
wow that's real poor argument not to have it there don't think your listening rfl dint have many options it is want it is. if you don't want to go don't go watch it on sky don't try and put a negative pulse on it for every body who wants to go. about 80% off cas fans will only go in for are game any way so the free shuttle bus from centre be fine

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 14 Nov 2018, 11:11

I'm not going. Sunday night games no good as well as the other problems.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Nov 2018, 11:14

flow wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:
wow that's real poor argument not to have it there don't think your listening rfl dint have many options it is want it is. if you don't want to go don't go watch it on sky don't try and put a negative pulse on it for every body who wants to go. about 80% off cas fans will only go in for are game any way so the free shuttle bus from centre be fine
il be going ... and not every body likes to nip out the ground at some point and have a wonder around the center i get that but for them that want to they wont be able to,do you see what im saying?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 14 Nov 2018, 11:18

The biggest problem I have with Anfield is the seating and leg room. I went there last year to watch Australia v New Zealand in the 4 Nations final and after 80 minutes felt like I’d lost circulation to them. I’ve had more leg room on Ryan Air flights! I couldn’t imagine sitting in them seats for hours on end.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 14 Nov 2018, 11:44

tigerfeat wrote:
flow wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:
il be going ... and not every body likes to nip out the ground at some point and have a wonder around the center i get that but for them that want to they wont be able to,do you see what im saying?
I now what your saying but its a very small minority who will. Watch other games most will stay round liverpool centre enjoying them selfs till about hour before cas kicks off

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 14 Nov 2018, 17:00

To be honest I think the only 2 stadiums that are in a location that allows nipping in and out of the ground into family friendly areas are Cardiff and Newcastle. Manchester to a lesser degree. My personal favourite was always Cardiff for the weekend. Edinburgh was the worst. Fantastic city but the ground location was terrible. I’ll give Liverpool a go for the day and see how they work it. If it’s ok and they keep it there then I’ll do weekend the year after. I’m gonna keep an open mind as you never know till you’ve tried it.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 14 Nov 2018, 17:11

Agreed, Cardiff was undoubtedly the best weekend since Magic Weekend begun. You could walk straight out of the stadium and fall in to a pub or restaurant. The town was buzzing that weekend and there was plenty to do. The only negative I can think of was, the size of the stadium, it looked empty. Apart from that, great City.

topper1208

Post by topper1208 » 14 Nov 2018, 20:10

Tamworth Tiger wrote:It’s nearer than Newcastle for me but it’s just a crap venue for an over the weekend event
Its a cracking venue for it, Not a bad seat in the stadium. Plenty of bars around and for those staying over a brilliant night out.