Magic Weekend

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Magic Weekend

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 15 Nov 2018, 18:39

duke street 10 wrote:Just started looking at hotels in Liverpool city centre for the magic weekend. No availability so far...
After all my moaning I booked on the night. Got into Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre
There were a few others which looked pretty pricy plus the Adelphi which is a dump
Don’t know if there’s anything left

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 15 Nov 2018, 22:35

TT Tiger wrote:
da_jimbob_7 wrote:The Liverpool RnR running event is a busy one. Could make for a great atmosphere if people all mingle. But also their dates come out early, almost straight after the next years runs and a lot of runners book hotels straight away. May mean accommodation is not as easy to find and prices inflate slightly now there is extra demand.
Is it just the 3 races they have (marathon, 1/2 marathon and 10k) also the Monday after is the start of the IOM TT with Liverpool one of only 2 English ports travelling there they would also be an increase volume people for that I know a lot of people who stay over if they have an early sailing.
They’re the main 3 races but think they also run kids runs, relays and potentially even a 5k too. I know a lot of runners that love it as you can run a lot of races in one weekend and they enjoy the ‘bling’ they can collect.

Long live the Tigers!!!

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 16 Nov 2018, 10:06

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
duke street 10 wrote:Just started looking at hotels in Liverpool city centre for the magic weekend. No availability so far...
After all my moaning I booked on the night. Got into Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre
There were a few others which looked pretty pricy plus the Adelphi which is a dump
I tried the Holiday Inn but there was none available...you must have bagged one of the last remaining rooms... well done!

You were not kidding regarding some of the prices :shock: I have decided to make a weekend of it when we play down in London instead.

Yes the hotel prices are pretty much the same,but at least i won't have The Beatles songs ringing in my ears constantly!

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 16 Nov 2018, 10:21

duke street 10 wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:
I tried the Holiday Inn but there was none available...you must have bagged one of the last remaining rooms... well done!

You were not kidding regarding some of the prices :shock: I have decided to make a weekend of it when we play down in London instead.

Yes the hotel prices are pretty much the same,but at least i won't have The Beatles songs ringing in my ears constantly!
just booked for 120pounds for two nights Liverpool cheaper then we paid in Newcastle you cant have looked very well try booking .com. also off to London for weekend too little bit more expensive in less your staying in a [REMOVED] hole has for beetles playing in every pub that's just one street go down wood street not a beetle in sight .

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 16 Nov 2018, 12:26

flow wrote:
duke street 10 wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:

Yes the hotel prices are pretty much the same,but at least i won't have The Beatles songs ringing in my ears constantly![/qu
just booked for 120pounds for two nights Liverpool cheaper then we paid in Newcastle you cant have looked very well try booking .com. also off to London for weekend too little bit more expensive in less your staying in a [REMOVED] hole has for beetles playing in every pub that's just one street go down wood street not a beetle in sight .
I think Flow must be referring to the BEETLES in Wood Street Wakefield, think we may come across a few BEATLES fans when strumming along in Liverpool.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 18 Nov 2018, 15:47

Paid 180 for three of us to stay in 12th Man public house for 2 nights with no prepayment and free cancellation. Stones throw away from Anfield. Know it's over the odds a little but it is what it is. Not many places left to be honest will look for a better place up until May but will make do with this for now.
🐯 COYF!