season ticket sales...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

season ticket sales...

Post by bane73 » 07 Nov 2018, 15:39

seems the club have been very quiet this year regarding season ticket sales. can they expect to sell as many as last year with the lack of transfer activity into the club. it's looking like last years poor signings are having a knock on effect into next year, seeing, as we can't get rid of em.

for me we need to get rid off ben Roberts his wage must be a massive drain on our resources followed closely by maher and aston both wastes of money, but, that's anther thread lol.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: season ticket sales...

Post by Dazzyb » 07 Nov 2018, 15:45

They used to have a ticker showing sales some years ago. Not sure why they stopped it, seemed to hype up sales

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 07 Nov 2018, 16:00

bane73 wrote:seems the club have been very quiet this year regarding season ticket sales. can they expect to sell as many as last year with the lack of transfer activity into the club. it's looking like last years poor signings are having a knock on effect into next year, seeing, as we can't get rid of em.

for me we need to get rid off ben Roberts his wage must be a massive drain on our resources followed closely by maher and aston both wastes of money, but, that's anther thread lol.
The constant fannying about with fixtures and the lack of Sunday games has finally got the better of me, I’m afraid and I’m now questioning whether a season ticket is a reasonable way to spend my hard-earned. I suspect I’m not alone.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Nov 2018, 16:31

Perfect time for jon wells to tell everybody who the centre is he's brought in for next season if season tickets not selling as well as expected ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 07 Nov 2018, 18:53

Nu Shooze wrote:
bane73 wrote:seems the club have been very quiet this year regarding season ticket sales. can they expect to sell as many as last year with the lack of transfer activity into the club. it's looking like last years poor signings are having a knock on effect into next year, seeing, as we can't get rid of em.

The constant fannying about with fixtures and the lack of Sunday games has finally got the better of me, I’m afraid and I’m now questioning whether a season ticket is a reasonable way to spend my hard-earned. I suspect I’m not alone.
It’s true. We bought two again and we can’t get up in time on Thursdays and only with difficulty on Fridays.
We’ve always done it to support the club but this year is making us wonder whether we will do it again, particularly with rules about who can use a ticket if only one of us can make it and we want to bring a friend or family member

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 07 Nov 2018, 19:56

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
Nu Shooze wrote:

It’s true. We bought two again and we can’t get up in time on Thursdays and only with difficulty on Fridays.
We’ve always done it to support the club but this year is making us wonder whether we will do it again, particularly with rules about who can use a ticket if only one of us can make it and we want to bring a friend or family member
If like last year no picture on the season ticket why not use for family member as long as its the same sex the club will not know as long as adult is an adult or child is a child

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 07 Nov 2018, 21:25

I’ve £555 waiting in a separate account to buy my family ticket but I’m torn for first time in 30 years whether to bother.i work permanent nights Monday to Thursday and with 7 Thursday night games and lack of Sunday games it’s making it a tough decision.the 3 Wigan away games really put me off traveling the m 62 and back aswel over the Pennines another negative.finding it really hard to justify the expense.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 08 Nov 2018, 02:39

John wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:
Nu Shooze wrote:

If like last year no picture on the season ticket why not use for family member as long as its the same sex the club will not know as long as adult is an adult or child is a child

Mainly it will be different sex so sadly that doesn’t work although it would do if we just buy two tickets for an individual match which doesn’t seem right either

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 08 Nov 2018, 14:19

Not sure on the figures but does no news mean we aren’t selling as many?

Same stage last year the club couldn’t wait to tell us how well they were going, rightly so, but look at the season we had previous. Last season still a great season considering but not as appealing.

Lack of signings isn’t good, fixtures aren’t great and expectations appear to be a lot lower for next season already.

Sometimes a fantastic season isn’t always so good if you can’t/don’t/won’t add to it and push on. When you see what DP said regarding attitude etc a lot of changes will be made so we shall see if we can push for trophies. I feel we still have a great chance to be in the mix but that final piece of the jigsaw is still missing. Looking at how we dealt with the ZH situation it appears we are in a rush to stop that happening again with a new centre/winger.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 08 Nov 2018, 14:20

Not sure on the figures but does no news mean we aren’t selling as many?

Same stage last year the club couldn’t wait to tell us how well they were going, rightly so, but look at the season we had previous. Last season still a great season considering but not as appealing.

Lack of signings isn’t good, fixtures aren’t great and expectations appear to be a lot lower for next season already.

Sometimes a fantastic season isn’t always so good if you can’t/don’t/won’t add to it and push on. When you see what DP said regarding attitude etc a lot of changes will be made so we shall see if we can push for trophies. I feel we still have a great chance to be in the mix but that final piece of the jigsaw is still missing. Looking at how we dealt with the ZH situation it appears we are in a rush to stop that happening again with a new centre/winger.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 08 Nov 2018, 14:45

Just renewed our 3 this morning. I've now moved back local(ish), so Thursday fixtures not as much of a problem for me now.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 08 Nov 2018, 19:09

I'd imagine that we will hear more once the deadline approaches/passes on the 25th November.

But on another note, similar to the above questions, will the attendance at the non-Boxing Day game be less considering there's no interest in it to see new signings. Hardly justifies a £15 entrance fee, travel and a day missed out with family/friends to watch the same old and some kids.

Club desperately need to make a decent signing even if it's just 1, just to get some enthusiasm back again. Everyone seems in a post-season lull. The season ended on such a deflatory note and other clubs are perceived to be strengthening (I don't think they have considerably), which is making things worse.

I don't want us to sign anyone but it's two seasons running now where recruitment has been a bit meh, when there's been opportunities to really push forward.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Nov 2018, 19:39

The failing to kick on from a position of strength as happened time and again at cas over the 50 odd years ive watched them speccies get fed up crowds drop and you eventually slide back from where you came so no wonder there's a lot of people on here singing from the same hymn sheet
How we can be days away from pre-season training salary cap apparently all spent two or maybe even three good players short of where we should be beggars belief
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 08 Nov 2018, 20:20

tigerfeat wrote:The failing to kick on from a position of strength as happened time and again at cas over the 50 odd years ive watched them speccies get fed up crowds drop and you eventually slide back from where you came so no wonder there's a lot of people on here singing from the same hymn sheet
How we can be days away from pre-season training salary cap apparently all spent two or maybe even three good players short of where we should be beggars belief
Easy we have been trigger happy with contract renewals again probably over paying people like days gone by. We sure Dicky isn't back handing them out....

Why Aston and Maher are still on the books i will never know. Id rather we spent that on some of the best Under 19's in order to keep them.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 08 Nov 2018, 20:34

It's purely down to missing a few games already due to planned holidays for me,which makes a season ticket no value so the money is better in my pocket than the clubs. All for loyalty and all that but my loyalty will always be at home first. No doubt I will get to has many games has possible but having been a season ticket holder since the days of having a card marked I'll now be paying on the gate.

Don't think I'll be in my own in not renewing either.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 08 Nov 2018, 21:10

I got my season ticket before the fixtures came out . I miss my first match with us playing Friday night I return on the Saturday after we have played Catalan, if we are not on sky do the club think we will draw more spectators on a cold winters night on Friday to a Sunday game, I don't think so

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 08 Nov 2018, 21:43

gateman wrote:I got my season ticket before the fixtures came out . I miss my first match with us playing Friday night I return on the Saturday after we have played Catalan, if we are not on sky do the club think we will draw more spectators on a cold winters night on Friday to a Sunday game, I don't think so
It’s on the Friday because we play the following Thursday

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 08 Nov 2018, 22:09

Fumper27 wrote:
gateman wrote:I got my season ticket before the fixtures came out . I miss my first match with us playing Friday night I return on the Saturday after we have played Catalan, if we are not on sky do the club think we will draw more spectators on a cold winters night on Friday to a Sunday game, I don't think so
It’s on the Friday because we play the following Thursday
don't we all love these midweek matches ,

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 08 Nov 2018, 22:33

I now have a job which sees me getting every weekend off but spending monday-friday down south.

Its simple economics for me - there are 5 scheduled Sunday home games, 4 of which are on weekends where TV hasn't been decided.

So, probably 2-3 of those will be moved to Thursday or Friday.

No point getting a season ticket. Clubs need to understand that if they don't start to move away from Sky holding all the money and power, dictating everything... they will suffer long term.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 09 Nov 2018, 10:45

Squaddie86 wrote:I now have a job which sees me getting every weekend off but spending monday-friday down south.

Its simple economics for me - there are 5 scheduled Sunday home games, 4 of which are on weekends where TV hasn't been decided.

So, probably 2-3 of those will be moved to Thursday or Friday.

No point getting a season ticket. Clubs need to understand that if they don't start to move away from Sky holding all the money and power, dictating everything... they will suffer long term.
All major professional sport is dictated to by TV. It's where the money is. Sport is for the armchair viewer, not the loyal fan.
Maybe we should go down to the championship and we can play every Sunday.

Half of the Premiership football clubs don't need any fans through the gates to function.