Castleford eyeing Webster replacement

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Castleford eyeing Webster replacement

Post by John » 30 Oct 2018, 15:34

Dont forget in 2020 we will have a res team so the young ones will be able to play in that team

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 30 Oct 2018, 16:43

mart0042 wrote:Storey and Carr should be blooded now at league one or championship level. Increase the intensity. I've been impressed with what I've seen could be a very good one side option.
The problem is very few championship sides want to blood a 18/19 year old when they have their own players some of which rely on that wage. Leeds have used fev and Bradford recently using duel reg but as shown with fev it can quickly go sour when regular players move on.

Another factor is we can barely field a 19s side never mind allowing 3/4 lads out on loan even though its not always the best for a young players development. Running a reserves in 2020 is a step in the right direction but I just hope it isn't done on the cheap.

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 30 Oct 2018, 16:57

braytontiger wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Storey and Carr should be blooded now at league one or championship level. Increase the intensity. I've been impressed with what I've seen could be a very good one side option.
The problem is very few championship sides want to blood a 18/19 year old when they have their own players some of which rely on that wage. Leeds have used fev and Bradford recently using duel reg but as shown with fev it can quickly go sour when regular players move on.

Another factor is we can barely field a 19s side never mind allowing 3/4 lads out on loan even though its not always the best for a young players development. Running a reserves in 2020 is a step in the right direction but I just hope it isn't done on the cheap.
You know it will be done on the cheap how many in the u19s are on less than min wage

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 30 Oct 2018, 17:41

Lewis Carr, the club are hoping the lad can bulk up in the off season they have given a target weight they would like him to attain. next year he will be set another target , the lad is only just 18 and only slightly built if he can bulk up and retain the speed and skills he as we will have an hell of a player, IF we can keep hold of him

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 30 Oct 2018, 17:46

gateman wrote:Lewis Carr, the club are hoping the lad can bulk up in the off season they have given a target weight they would like him to attain. next year he will be set another target , the lad is only just 18 and only slightly built if he can bulk up and retain the speed and skills he as we will have an hell of a player, IF we can keep hold of him
That's no different to any other player they are all given targets. Lewis is no exception.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 30 Oct 2018, 19:45

braytontiger wrote:
gateman wrote:Lewis Carr, the club are hoping the lad can bulk up in the off season they have given a target weight they would like him to attain. next year he will be set another target , the lad is only just 18 and only slightly built if he can bulk up and retain the speed and skills he as we will have an hell of a player, IF we can keep hold of him
That's no different to any other player they are all given targets. Lewis is no exception.

And your point is?
Audacter Et Sincere

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 30 Oct 2018, 21:46

braytontiger wrote:
the point I was trying to make is it will take a couple of years before the lad has the size to compete in super league , I wrote this for any of our fans who do not attend our under 19s matches

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 30 Oct 2018, 23:13

gateman wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
the point I was trying to make is it will take a couple of years before the lad has the size to compete in super league , I wrote this for any of our fans who do not attend our under 19s matches
If people did attend they would relise that he is a few years away before SL he still a very long way off a lot better players in the 19s but he young we will see

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 31 Oct 2018, 00:27

Thats correct geteman, they've done the same with a lot of players including minikin.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 31 Oct 2018, 07:34

Nice to know we've some good prospects in the under 19s always like to hear what you've got to say about them
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 31 Oct 2018, 08:50

lurcher wrote:
Thats correct geteman, they've done the same with a lot of players including minikin.
Has anyone seen Minikin recently? Has he bulked up at all?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 31 Oct 2018, 11:45

jackknife wrote:
lurcher wrote:
Has anyone seen Minikin recently? Has he bulked up at all?
He has bulked up, but doesn't look like a carpet carrier that some expect a rugby player to look like.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 31 Oct 2018, 18:06

Minikin by the look of him is not far off the size of Gildart

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 01 Nov 2018, 08:05

gateman wrote:Minikin by the look of him is not far off the size of Gildart
If only he was as good.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 02 Nov 2018, 15:25

Would anyone have Ben Currie playing in the centre's if he became available. I know he's been injured a lot but he's only 24.
🐯 COYF!

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 02 Nov 2018, 17:06

Nobody wrote:Would anyone have Ben Currie playing in the centre's if he became available. I know he's been injured a lot but he's only 24.
Isn't he the second coming of christ along with Stevie ward?

GeorgeMcfly

Post by GeorgeMcfly » 02 Nov 2018, 17:19

Nobody wrote:Would anyone have Ben Currie playing in the centre's if he became available. I know he's been injured a lot but he's only 24.
Warrington are not going to let Ben Currie go hahaha

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 02 Nov 2018, 17:46

He won't leave Warrington for any team other than one in NRL imo
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 02 Nov 2018, 18:03

Bit odd this? Warrington don't even play Ben Currie in the centres, so why would we?

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 02 Nov 2018, 19:48

He does play out wide on the left, a bit like Olly for us. Might just make a centre like Bateman has, but he's an injury nightmare.