2019 kit released

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Spanishtiger
Verified

Re: 2019 kit released

Post by Spanishtiger » 28 Oct 2018, 13:09

Over the years we've played in white, lemon, Amber, orange, grey, black, blue, turquoise, red and green.

Personally I get a shirt every year, since we went orange I've gone home, away, home, magic.

Can sort of see where hudds comment about sales comes in, there are very few sports teams in the UK who play in orange which makes us very recognisable as a brand.

Also agree with what ocl said, it's more about what's in the shirt than the colour of it.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 Oct 2018, 13:39

blackpool boroughs official colour used to be tangerine. black and tans has a ring to it
jo brand is eddie warings love child

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 28 Oct 2018, 14:17

orrsome wrote:Very similar to the 2004 home shirt!!!!
http://www.oldrugbyshirts.com/img/shirt ... x375x1.jpg
Lets hope events on the field don't end the same as that season 8-[

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 28 Oct 2018, 14:20

North Leeds Tiger wrote:I wish they would go back to white shorts with the relevant trim
Why have you still got yours. :D

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 28 Oct 2018, 14:57

Spanishtiger wrote:Over the years we've played in white, lemon, Amber, orange, grey, black, blue, turquoise, red and green.

Personally I get a shirt every year, since we went orange I've gone home, away, home, magic.

Can sort of see where hudds comment about sales comes in, there are very few sports teams in the UK who play in orange which makes us very recognisable as a brand.

Also agree with what ocl said, it's more about what's in the shirt than the colour of it.
You are right we have played in a variety of colours in the past, But we have to move on the colours are more vibrant now its what the younger generation want .They like for example the Australian indigenous shirts and buy a lot of them, personally I think they look like an Explosion in a paint factory ,My own personnel gripe was when they took the coat of arms of the shirt and replaced it with the tigers head. But there again it is aimed at a younger Generation. And I can except this. It is what Marketing Your product is all about .Most of you on here who are posting your objections to the colours seem to be the more senior of fans who have watch Cas for a long time like I have ,Move with it ,And remember what your mothers told .ITS NOT THE COVER THAT MAKES THE BOOK. By the way I am a lot older than most of you on here and still buy the shirts don't miss a game even though I am in my 80s. :dance: :dance:

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 28 Oct 2018, 15:37

[quote="Mysterio"]Never ceases to amaze me how far HT attempts to crawl up the backside of our clubs officals. It’s almost like she’s grooming and manourvering for a promotion at work :lol:

Spot on Mysterio. You do realise that it may threaten to leave the forum if you keep bullying and harassing it. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Oct 2018, 17:52

HuddsTigers wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:Should point out that the main colour on the Cas coat of arms is the heraldic colour gules which is red
The castle and eagle are or (gold) and in no way does that look orange

Looks pretty orange to me, not too different to the shirt. I know it is meant to be gold but to me gold is something a bit different to that. Or if the background is red that’s too bright for red! Perceptions hey?
To be clear I’m just telling you what the grant of arms was and it’s definitely red. If you don’t believe me just google it.
Orange isn’t really an heraldic colour in the UK. How the hell we’ve ended up discussing this on a Cas RL website is beyond me. I don’t think our views really differ much but orange is definitely not part of the Cas Coat of Arms

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Oct 2018, 17:54

Spanishtiger wrote:Over the years we've played in white, lemon, Amber, orange, grey, black, blue, turquoise, red and green.

Think I’ve got purple and also a black and gold one too

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 28 Oct 2018, 19:13

The club should do what Wigan and Hull do - a nontraditional kit every 3rd year.

So for Cas 2 years Amber then a year bright orange or preferably white. That is how you freshen things up.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Oct 2018, 19:24

Compromise is the best form of pleasing everyone.

Personally I think we should have home in orange, alternative in a random colour and a heritage shirt for Magic/Super 8s just like the range the club have released.

That way if the club communicated this and said it as a clear plan then I think it would avoid the arguments amongst fans and many of the discussions over orange.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 Oct 2018, 21:42

yorkie1bn wrote:

You are right we have played in a variety of colours in the past, But we have to move on the colours are more vibrant now its what the younger generation want .They like for example the Australian indigenous shirts and buy a lot of them, personally I think they look like an Explosion in a paint factory ,My own personnel gripe was when they took the coat of arms of the shirt and replaced it with the tigers head. But there again it is aimed at a younger Generation. And I can except this. It is what Marketing Your product is all about .Most of you on here who are posting your objections to the colours seem to be the more senior of fans who have watch Cas for a long time like I have ,Move with it ,And remember what your mothers told .ITS NOT THE COVER THAT MAKES THE BOOK. By the way I am a lot older than most of you on here and still buy the shirts don't miss a game even though I am in my 80s. :dance: :dance:
not sure that always true and doesn't always work yorkie mate. wakey dropped the wildcats badge and name and went back to the old fleur de lys badge by popular request.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Oct 2018, 22:54

Why not do a fans poll like they did with the match programme. Funnily enough the fans voted for it to be called ‘Black and Amber’!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 29 Oct 2018, 08:10

HuddsTigers wrote:I find a delicious irony that people want to moan about it not being amber but then love a shirt that is all black and doesn’t contain a trace of amber on it. :lol:
Delicious irony?

How about a man/woman who rails against the very topic of shirt colour and how boring the discussion is being the most prolific poster on the subject :lol:

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 29 Oct 2018, 08:41

I thought I had put a post on about liking a black shirt but I can’t now find it. If that was the post you were having a go at I’m quite happy to explain why there was nothing ironic about me doing so although I do think it’s been done to death now

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 29 Oct 2018, 08:43

As a ‘young’ supporter at 34 years old, I’ve seen a lot of different colour shirts and attempts at Amber. My first year supporting in 92 the shirt was predominately white with a yellow V. The away shirt was almost all amber. The next shirt out we had an amber and black kit, with a green and purple away one. We the. Had a centenary shirt at the beginning of super league with a yellow and white kit and red and white away strip.
Then Super League began and we had a new strip every year starting with a kit similar to 2019’s but closer to amber than this years orange... And so on.

Over the last 23 years we’ve seen our kits vary from canary yellow, closer to amber and neon orange with away kits that were red, blue, purple and green, black, white etc.

It is just a phase and potentially even next season 2020 will see us with a change in colour scheme again.

Long live the Tigers!!!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 29 Oct 2018, 08:55

Somewhere I’ve still got the shirt my mum and dad got me for Christmas in 1962. It hasn’t faded much and was all amber (definitely not orange or yellow) with black cuffs and collar. Don’t remember that changing much until those fantastic shirts for the 1969 cup final which were a retro of the 1935 ones. I know there was a season at some stage in the 60s where we had a predominately black shirt. Can’t remember when but think it might have been one of the Floodlit Trophy winning years. Don’t think the club made much money out of selling shirts in those days though. You could only buy kit from the local sports shop if I remember things correctly.
By the way I don’t wear the 1962 shirt any more. I’m a big bigger than when I was 7 !

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Oct 2018, 08:57

Watch out for the knock on the door and someone barging in to search the house for any non ORANGE shirt ...any found will be headed straight to the bonfire :-s
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 29 Oct 2018, 10:33

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Somewhere I’ve still got the shirt my mum and dad got me for Christmas in 1962. It hasn’t faded much and was all amber (definitely not orange or yellow) with black cuffs and collar. Don’t remember that changing much until those fantastic shirts for the 1969 cup final which were a retro of the 1935 ones. I know there was a season at some stage in the 60s where we had a predominately black shirt. Can’t remember when but think it might have been one of the Floodlit Trophy winning years. Don’t think the club made much money out of selling shirts in those days though. You could only buy kit from the local sports shop if I remember things correctly.
By the way I don’t wear the 1962 shirt any more. I’m a big bigger than when I was 7 !
Yes, in the 60's we had a predominantly black with a single hoop of yellow(Amber) and white. My favourite shirt. My mother knitted two replica cardigans, one for me, one for John Davison. I still claim I started the replica kit fashion.....

ScotsTiger

Post by ScotsTiger » 29 Oct 2018, 12:45

I too had the black shirt as a 9 year old with a number 2 sewn on the back. I was keith howe scoring tries for fun in the bottom corner of frystons field (the opposition were clumps of grass!). I knew a john davison... did he go to cgs?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 29 Oct 2018, 13:08

The thing is that we have to try and create 3 shirts in which every fan likes one buys one.

Also I tend to think the away shirt should be the same as the home but with the colours changed. Amber home, white or black away. We then don't need to try and find more than one new style each year. The third can be anything, retro is a good idea.