2019 kit released

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
100%tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: 2019 kit released

Post by 100%tiger » 27 Oct 2018, 16:57

We could play in green for all I care am cas through and through and will there fore buy the seasons shirt

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Oct 2018, 17:02

alftupper wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
It’s been about five years now. Get over it and move on. It is boring having this every single season.
People in glass houses...

All you’ve done for the last ten years is cut and paste extracts from WMDC Planning Portal.

You are the epitome of boring.

In terms of the colour it’s probably best to stop talking about amber. For decades we played in what I would describe as yellow and black, but over recent seasons we have changed to orange and black. Personally I much prefer yellow.
Here he is, Mr Negative :lol:

All I’ve done for the last 10 years and longer is support my club, back it and be there every week win or lose. What have you done exactly, Mr Fun and Exciting?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Oct 2018, 17:07

TheSheriff wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:When will the club realise when sales figures show this shade of amber (Pantone name could be amber)/orange sells more :roll:

Amber is a shade of orange
Tigers are orange
The club colours are amber, orange, white and black.

It’s been about five years now. Get over it and move on. It is boring having this every single season.

You all want better/more players - how about backing the club.
The shirts are selling better because the team is better, not because the shirt is like a high vis vest.

Buying something just because it has a Cas badge on is sending the wrong message. That is also not "backing the club" - that's allowing them to keep making the same mistakes. Just like people like you blindly backing everything they did let them think they were doing a good thing by handing out those atrocious contracts to the likes of Hudson & McGoldrick.
If people truly disliked the colour like you intimate they wouldn’t buy the home shirt but the other ones.

Fact is people support their club. They couldn’t care less whether it’s neon orange, lemon, yellow, amber, or gold, they will still be there backing the club. Orange and amber are the club’s colours.

It’s only a mistake if people don’t buy it. People are buying it - as the revenue figures show. Just like people buy those garish and weird, whacky designs for the T-shirts that we keep getting every season. There are more important factors than a colour. People blindly buying shirts as you say it has enabled us to have this success. It’s cyclical. The more fans invest the more they can spend.

Leeds tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Leeds tiger » 27 Oct 2018, 17:10

I’m not too big a fan of this years home shirt, though last years and other orange ones have been good. I couldn’t care what colour they are. I’ll be getting the third kit definitely anyway. Great idea and design

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Oct 2018, 17:14

Incidentally, not to bring facts into this but we changed to Amber after the 2014 season.

So the change to orange has coincided with our success given 2014 was the first season we finished in the top 4 and the CC Final. We almost went bust that year though and had to sell Daz Clark at the end of that year.

Since we changed to orange, changed the BoD and made some significant off-field decisions we haven’t had to take the begging bowl to the Fultons. We have also recorded profits every season and grown our turnover to £6m.

Are we successful because of orange? Probably not. Has our off-field decisions, including colour change and retail sales impacted that success though? Undoubtedly.

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 27 Oct 2018, 17:16

Nice shirt, don’t mind the organge but would prefer black shorts than orange for the home kit

North Leeds Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by North Leeds Tiger » 27 Oct 2018, 20:18

I wish they would go back to white shorts with the relevant trim

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 Oct 2018, 20:57

HuddsTigers wrote:Incidentally, not to bring facts into this but we changed to Amber after the 2014 season.

So the change to orange has coincided with our success given 2014 was the first season we finished in the top 4 and the CC Final. We almost went bust that year though and had to sell Daz Clark at the end of that year.

Since we changed to orange, changed the BoD and made some significant off-field decisions we haven’t had to take the begging bowl to the Fultons. We have also recorded profits every season and grown our turnover to £6m.

Are we successful because of orange? Probably not. Has our off-field decisions, including colour change and retail sales impacted that
success though? Undoubtedly.
Agree with a lot of that but I really struggle to believe that the change from amber to orange was a factor
I’m sure it will seesaw between the two for many years to come.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Oct 2018, 21:02

The decision to change according to the Directors at the Meet the Directors was that there was a trend in downward sales. People weren’t buying new ones as they had plenty of old ones they could wear. They wanted to something different so that everyone felt they had to go out and buy a new one. The same trend in downward sales was being seen by other clubs who tended to stick to tradition.

I have no doubt that we may change again in future when sales dictate we have to but the fact is that at the moment we are synonymous with orange and the orange is synonymous with our club being successful. We are easily identifiable because we are different and vibrant.

However, the fact is that at £40 a pop, selling 3000 shirts generates a good £120,000 for the club which pays the wages of one top player. The more we sell, the more the club can invest. The more STs we sell, the more we can invest. Every single £1 the club has generated has played a part in our success. Could we have generated more? Probably.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 27 Oct 2018, 21:18

100%tiger wrote:We could play in green for all I care am cas through and through and will there fore buy the seasons shirt
We have done before, about 2002 or 3 the away kit was green and black IIRC.
We also had an orange kit in the early 2000s.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 27 Oct 2018, 22:48

Never ceases to amaze me how far HT attempts to crawl up the backside of our clubs officals. It’s almost like she’s grooming and manourvering for a promotion at work :lol:

The home shirt is shocking.

Tango Orange isn’t our colour.
Audacter Et Sincere

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 27 Oct 2018, 23:25

Looks like I'm in the minority but I like both shirts, especially the home one.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 27 Oct 2018, 23:28

Have to agree with Hudds here, orange isn’t my colour so I tend to go for the away or third shirt but orange is part of the clubs identity now and is easy to market. You see orange shirts and you know it’s our club, sometimes to help grow you need to evolve and move away from tradition. Our clubs tradition remains in its values not in the colour of the shirt the players wear.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Oct 2018, 00:36

SREGITSAC wrote:Have to agree with Hudds here, orange isn’t my colour so I tend to go for the away or third shirt but orange is part of the clubs identity now and is easy to market. You see orange shirts and you know it’s our club, sometimes to help grow you need to evolve and move away from tradition. Our clubs tradition remains in its values not in the colour of the shirt the players wear.
Absolutely.Totally agree. Orange is an irrelevance

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 28 Oct 2018, 01:19

HuddsTigers wrote:When will the club realise when sales figures show this shade of amber (Pantone name could be amber)/orange sells more :roll:

Amber is a shade of orange
Tigers are orange
The club colours are amber, orange, white and black.

You all want better/more players - how about backing the club.
Very well said!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 28 Oct 2018, 09:58

Not sure why some posters state the club colours include yellow. When I started watching in 1959 we used to call Cas "The black n' ambers", because as a 10 year old I misunderstood and spent a year or two calling them "The black mambas", thinking it was cool to be named as a deadly snake I'd read about in comics!

Depends on your interpretation of Amber.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Oct 2018, 10:03

Some comical stuff on here florescent orange is the new amber ha ha
Don't bother me as long as it sells but if we had a shirt in our coulors of black and amber it would sell just as well if not better than a orange one
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 28 Oct 2018, 10:45

End of the day colour is all about perception anyway, depends how your brain interprets the light / stimuli.

Some people reference to the old Amber is more yellow, the new Amber is very orange and actual Amber is neither. And of course it could be worse, they could actually give us tiger print shirts! :shock:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Oct 2018, 11:29

Mysterio wrote:Never ceases to amaze me how far HT attempts to crawl up the backside of our clubs officals. It’s almost like she’s grooming and manourvering for a promotion at work :lol:

The home shirt is shocking.

Tango Orange isn’t our colour.
It has nothing to do with my relationship with the club. It’s just the continuous whining every single season about this. It’s dull. It was done for a reason.

That some people want to cry about the colour says more about you and how far the club has come.

Personally there are more important things to worry about. I could understand if the club said tomorrow we are going to be playing in blue full stop. But the fact is that we haven’t. We are orange, amber, white and black. Those are our brand colours. Those are the club colours. We have orange in our club logo. Heck we even have red.

It’s hypocritical that some people would buy the same design if it came in yellow and no doubt love it. The design is simple, it’s great. Orange or yellow it is Castleford. Buying shirts helps us keep recruiting and retaining better players as does buying STs.

By all means sit here and whine all you want and be patronising. I find a delicious irony that people want to moan about it not being amber but then love a shirt that is all black and doesn’t contain a trace of amber on it. :lol:
Last edited by HuddsTigers on 28 Oct 2018, 11:36, edited 1 time in total.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Oct 2018, 11:33

Come on now please don't say the fans arnt doing there bit to make the club money I've said more than once the town is full of folk in cas tops
Oh you've edited out that bit now ha
Last edited by tigerfeat on 28 Oct 2018, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi