AGM for 2017

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: AGM for 2017

Post by Squaddie86 » 24 Nov 2018, 19:20

I wonder how many shareholders in any professional sports organisation spend time whining and moaning on unofficial forums...

Chippy as...

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 24 Nov 2018, 20:46

Take a look on ADVFN at many
Ribbo
Truth is always best !

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 24 Nov 2018, 21:00

Robbo wrote:
bane73 wrote:
Robbo wrote:
bane73 wrote:Then stop banging on about the past and let those who are running the club run it.
With the greatest respect had I been listened to in the past we might not of been 2.5m in debt.

It was a personal thing people said. We had competing business.
I called for change and people like you said let them run the business.

If people had integrity and were bound by corporate governance I would feel much happier.

Whilst I am a shareholder owing a part of the club I shall continue to be a critical friend.

You and others can do as you please.
best Robbo
Then when you were told to put forward your outline for your vision of the club you never went back to jack Fulton with a solid plan?
Bane I can assure you are wrong.
There were 6 or 7 interested parties at that meeting and to be honest the opening line went like this
" I hope you have brought your cheque book"

"Why"

"Well Richard wants a hundred grand that we owe him that's not in the accounts"

That was not a good start.

Now I suggest if you want some facts you can meet with me and some others that were there.
We were never asked to come up with a plan!

We were there to persuade the Chairman to move the CEO.

We were in big trouble.

Eventually that change was made and history tells you it was just in time.

So please if you want facts I can give you them. Then you can verify them. Others at the meeting were a past Director and some well though about people involved in the club.

Robbo
I have facts don't worry bout that.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 24 Nov 2018, 21:01

Squaddie86 wrote:I wonder how many shareholders in any professional sports organisation spend time whining and moaning on unofficial forums...

Chippy as...
Correct.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 25 Nov 2018, 07:47

bane73 wrote:
Squaddie86 wrote:I wonder how many shareholders in any professional sports organisation spend time whining and moaning on unofficial forums...

Chippy as...
Correct.

Probably about the same number of people that bury their heads in the sand believing things are good without producing any facts or evidence. I know who I believe.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 25 Nov 2018, 14:38

Its a tough one this. Pleased that the Fultons stumped up the cash in our times in need but i am concerned if what some posters have posted is true.

I don't like the "we will take our bat & ball home" business approach if the family doesn't get its own way. We have only to look at ownership of football clubs like Blackburn,Blackpool, Coventry & Portsmouth to see what can happen when owners are reckless and as sole owners aren't held to account by anyone.

End of the day we all need each other. Without investment we don't have a professional club to support,and without supporters paying through the gates & buying merchandise the owners don't and won't see much of a return in their investment...if that's their long term plan.

To me people like Gateman & OCL etc who have invested time & money through support & love over many years are just as important as any of the board of Directors past or present.

If the worst came to the worst and padlocks were put on the gates,i know it wouldn't be long before somewhere on a rugby field we'd start all over again with a small passionate group of R.L fanatics :)

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 25 Nov 2018, 17:33

if our board are so bad, who will own & run the new "DEBT FREE" ground :roll:

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 25 Nov 2018, 18:40

On an optimistic note.
Debt free club in a new ground .
The board who will oversee the may be just a twinkle in the eye of someone yet to born.
The Boardroom will have an epitaph to some fictional character.
Ee that Robbo was right !
(Law of averages and all that)

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 25 Nov 2018, 19:48

yorky wrote:if our board are so bad, who will own & run the new "DEBT FREE" ground :roll:
Won't be robbo :D

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 26 Nov 2018, 11:00

Just to note.

If someone comes in with an open cheque book and then baulks at 100k bill to an ex director, doesn't have an open cheque book.

We are a rarity in Rugby league, a club with something other than its players and a name. We have a saleable asset in the ground.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 26 Nov 2018, 12:35

If we move in to a new ground and the 2.2m debt is still there, which it would be, then how are we “Debt free?”

This new ground is paramount to some people milking a fortune out of the club because the sale of the ground will generate funds to be shared with the shareholders. I suggest that very little or no money will be invested back in to the club.

Selling WR should leave enough money to buy players and increase the capacity of any new ground. I will bet anyone this won’t happen.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 26 Nov 2018, 12:45

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:If we move in to a new ground and the 2.2m debt is still there, which it would be, then how are we “Debt free?”

This new ground is paramount to some people milking a fortune out of the club because the sale of the ground will generate funds to be shared with the shareholders. I suggest that very little or no money will be invested back in to the club.

Selling WR should leave enough money to buy players and increase the capacity of any new ground. I will bet anyone this won’t happen.
Debt free would mean we could seek the ground to pay debts once we move into the new ground. We'd have to find somewhere to train or maybe we could pay a fee to Leeds untied to use their facility.

Easy Tiger 2
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Easy Tiger 2 » 26 Nov 2018, 13:14

Is it just me or did someone say the ground was going to be turned into a state of the art training facility?

If so it can’t be used to pay Fultons money back?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 26 Nov 2018, 14:11

Easy Tiger 2 wrote:Is it just me or did someone say the ground was going to be turned into a state of the art training facility?

So we've said and I hope it happens. But people talk about a gun to the head. We could get rid of that fear.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 26 Nov 2018, 15:58

Easy Tiger 2 wrote:Is it just me or did someone say the ground was going to be turned into a state of the art training facility?

Biggest load of bull ever to come out of the BOD group. No chance of that happening. All about making as much for the shareholders as possible. The ground will be sold no danger.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 26 Nov 2018, 19:58

Well it’s early days but I do not like what is proposed at the forthcoming meeting.
The highlights are.
Approx 419000 shares to issued to Ian and Janet.
A change in the articles of the club.

This rather over shadows the excellent financial year we had in2017.

There are no explanations as to why these shares are being issued at 10p 41900 pounds
There is no explanation as to why the articles are being changed other than to allow this to happen.

I am reserving judgement but this has a nasty smell about it.

As it was before there was 80,000 shares and approx 32000 issued

The remaining 48000 were given to Ian and Janet as security for the loan.
The loan was not cancelled.
Now we are suggesting 500,000 shares of which about 474,00 will be with the Fulton’s.
That’s 94% of the issued shares

Let’s hope it’s not what I think.
Can anyone wanting a meaningful discussion with me contact me directly rather than on the board please.
Robbo
Truth is always best !

Johnlewis1920
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnlewis1920 » 27 Nov 2018, 11:55

The Fulton family at present have total controle of the club now in voting rights
The only reason to alter the share issue and only the Fulton’s can aquire more shares is to raise there percentage of there ownership of the club which opens up a number of caveats all of which are in the Fulton’s favour and not the clubs or the rest of the shareholders best interest
The new generation Fulton family appear not to have the same affiliation to Castleford Tigers as there parents as they have already threatened to call in the loan if they did not get there way that would have basically closed the club in my opinion they have tarnished the good name Fulton
COYF

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 27 Nov 2018, 13:31

Johnlewis1920 wrote: The new generation Fulton family appear not to have the same affiliation to Castleford Tigers as there parents
And there seems to be the biggest potential issue in my opinion

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Nov 2018, 15:48

There's nothing wrong with someone having nearly all the shares as long as they have the best interest of the club at heart even if it's just so they can make more money with the club being successful
Really don't like the threating to call the loan if they didn't get what they want not good if that's true looking ahead to what might happen somewhere down the line
I remember when the new owner took over from his dad he said something along the lines of ..if anybody thinks I would ever do anything to the detriment of the club knowing how much the club meant to my parents they are very mistaken let's hope that always remains the case
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 27 Nov 2018, 18:01

Obviously not a man if his word then. To threaten the club with closure, pretty much, if he didn’t have his own way is ludicrous.