AGM for 2017

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: AGM for 2017

Post by thedogvinnie » 12 Dec 2018, 18:13

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Does anyone seriously believe that Robbo wants the club to fail?
not one bit, but his bitterness towards anyone running the club is pathetic, it all boils down to jealousy.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 12 Dec 2018, 20:04

VD that is your view and it is a forum after all. Do you know what has been going on behind the scenes over the last 2/3 years? I suggest that if you did you may think very differently.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 12 Dec 2018, 20:18

tigerfeat wrote:Heard the meeting went well yesterday and the feeling was one of great optimism for the years ahead

Not quite true Tigerfeat, there was a bit more to it than that.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 12 Dec 2018, 21:36

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Heard the meeting went well yesterday and the feeling was one of great optimism for the years ahead

Anything you can divulge LT?

mystery
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by mystery » 12 Dec 2018, 23:59

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:

were you there Lofthouse Tiger?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Dec 2018, 00:17

thedogvinnie wrote:
flow wrote:
Robbo wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Everyone with an ounce of sense knew that RW was incompetent and out of his depth, a bit like the last CEO. He set us back years with the 2 delegations and JF leaving him to continue was also a poor and costly error.

At least we appear to be on track with where we are now. Long may this continue but this is Cas, we shall see.
Does that mean Vinnie who defended him does not have any then?
Robbo
what just vinnie who defended him hudds and few more on here who kiss who ever in charge ass :-" :-" same as they are with axiom
where has this newbie come from? who kisses ass? have you any idea how stupid you sound?
Castleford RLFC is owned by whoever owns it and all your bluster will make no difference to the day to day operation of their business, like i said on a previous post about Ian Fulton, if its his brass he can do what he likes with it.
grow up man, but please dont breed
are you Robbos little friend?
welcome back old mate, hope you are well. look forward to you livening up the forum again and please put this flow bloke in his place.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 Dec 2018, 00:31

lurcher wrote:
thedogvinnie wrote:
flow wrote:
Robbo wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Everyone with an ounce of sense knew that RW was incompetent and out of his depth, a bit like the last CEO. He set us back years with the 2 delegations and JF leaving him to continue was also a poor and costly error.

At least we appear to be on track with where we are now. Long may this continue but this is Cas, we shall see.
Does that mean Vinnie who defended him does not have any then?
Robbo
what just vinnie who defended him hudds and few more on here who kiss who ever in charge ass :-" :-" same as they are with axiom
where has this newbie come from? who kisses ass? have you any idea how stupid you sound?
Castleford RLFC is owned by whoever owns it and all your bluster will make no difference to the day to day operation of their business, like i said on a previous post about Ian Fulton, if its his brass he can do what he likes with it.
grow up man, but please dont breed
are you Robbos little friend?
welcome back old mate, hope you are well. look forward to you livening up the forum again and please take flows advice

Lmao and how old are you still at school

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 Dec 2018, 00:33

Was any thing said about new staduim

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 13 Dec 2018, 10:49

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:VD that is your view and it is a forum after all. Do you know what has been going on behind the scenes over the last 2/3 years? I suggest that if you did you may think very differently.
My point is and always has been that i don't own or run the club and i am not in any position to slag off those that do, the previous half wit that said i was sucking up to Richard Wright obviously had issues with his reading skills.
I said back then and I still say it now, any club owner is not going to run the club in a way that reduces the value of his holding, whether you like that or not is your problem.
It is their property and they will run it in the clubs (and their own) best interest.
Just slagging them off because the internet has increased the size of your balls and given you a voice is in my mind pathetic.
if you don't like what you perceive to be "going on" then follow a squeaky clean club instead, there's loads of them in superleague....... oh wait a minute

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 13 Dec 2018, 11:24

I can see why you were a big fan of RW now if that’s how you see things VD.

People owning and running the club I have no issues with at all, it’s the way things are done and the people that are dumped on that I don’t get. If someone is prepared to do things underhand to get their own way and to lie about things is nit right in my view.

Ironic that you say that having a go at people on the internet is pathetic in your mind then do it yourself. You have got to laugh at some people VD.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 13 Dec 2018, 13:36

thedogvinnie wrote: My point is and always has been that i don't own or run the club and i am not in any position to slag off those that do, the previous half wit that said i was sucking up to Richard Wright obviously had issues with his reading skills.
I said back then and I still say it now, any club owner is not going to run the club in a way that reduces the value of his holding, whether you like that or not is your problem.
It is their property and they will run it in the clubs (and their own) best interest.
Just slagging them off because the internet has increased the size of your balls and given you a voice is in my mind pathetic.
if you don't like what you perceive to be "going on" then follow a squeaky clean club instead, there's loads of them in superleague....... oh wait a minute
Well your time away hasn't increased your intelligence has it?

Firstly, I'm not attempting to knock any of the Fulton family for their investment in Cas Tigers.

However, under the previous CEO things were going badly and the Cub's fortunes dramatically improved when he left. Whilst the owner of the Club should have the Club's best interests at heart, if thy employ someone to run the Club the owner may not be fully aware of the day-to-day goings on. As an employee, the CEO is subject to their ability being questioned and that is what many of us did with RW rather than blindly following his lead like a sheep.

As I don't know the current comings and goings I'm not at liberty to comment but I am concerned about the lack or recruitment so I'll judge the success of that in due course.

Everyone has the right to voice their opinion.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 13 Dec 2018, 13:38

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:I can see why you were a big fan of RW now if that’s how you see things VD.

People owning and running the club I have no issues with at all, it’s the way things are done and the people that are dumped on that I don’t get. If someone is prepared to do things underhand to get their own way and to lie about things is nit right in my view.

Ironic that you say that having a go at people on the internet is pathetic in your mind then do it yourself. You have got to laugh at some people VD.
Good Grief, are you robbo in disguise, where was i ever a fan of RW, i was opposed to all the keyboard warriors having a pop at the person who was running the club.
If people get dumped on , thats life, it happens everywhere , we were dumped on when they shut our pits and nicked our pension. People in power be it government or in charge of a small rubgy league club always do things underhand and tell the odd fib to get what they want, if you think otherwise you are off with the faries.
As i said anyone who owns or has a financial interest in any concern, not just CTRLFC will not do anything to devalue their holding.
buy the club and change it if you want, or just keep complaining on the internet, im sure it makes a difference :D :D :D

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 13 Dec 2018, 13:38

Flat Capper wrote:
thedogvinnie wrote: My point is and always has been that i don't own or run the club and i am not in any position to slag off those that do, the previous half wit that said i was sucking up to Richard Wright obviously had issues with his reading skills.
Well your time away hasn't increased your intelligence has it?

Firstly, I'm not attempting to knock any of the Fulton family for their investment in Cas Tigers.

as if by magic, the feeble minded reappear, where are you not going to turn up this time :lol: :lol: :lol:

However, under the previous CEO things were going badly and the Cub's fortunes dramatically improved when he left. Whilst the owner of the Club should have the Club's best interests at heart, if thy employ someone to run the Club the owner may not be fully aware of the day-to-day goings on. As an employee, the CEO is subject to their ability being questioned and that is what many of us did with RW rather than blindly following his lead like a sheep.

As I don't know the current comings and goings I'm not at liberty to comment but I am concerned about the lack or recruitment so I'll judge the success of that in due course.

Everyone has the right to voice their opinion.

AstralPancakes

Post by AstralPancakes » 13 Dec 2018, 15:02

......People in power be it government or in charge of a small rubgy league club always do things underhand and tell the odd fib to get what they want, if you think otherwise you are off with the faries.......

Not everyone in power is like that VD. It is surely worthwhile putting pressure those underhand liars you speak of. I think criticising the people who do apply such pressure, is in a way helping to facilitate the behaviour of the crooked ones!

oldplayer 1

Post by oldplayer 1 » 13 Dec 2018, 15:06

flow wrote:Was any thing said about new staduim
With nobody answering your question flow i guess the staduim was not fetched up at the agm

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 13 Dec 2018, 15:30

thedogvinnie wrote:
as if by magic, the feeble minded reappear, where are you not going to turn up this time :lol: :lol: :lol:
Says the one who's been hiding away and crying to himself for God knows how long over how weak they are in both mind and body.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 13 Dec 2018, 15:31

The new ground was mentioned as you would expect but no real updates. The only point of any concern is that should the ground not be built then do the club have a plan B. No they don’t as the question was asked. Is this a concern? I would say so in the current climate.

I recall Jack Fulton and RW discussing relegation from SL many years ago were asked if there was any plan B if we were to be relegated. Back then, as now with the ground, they said “We don’t have a plan B because we won’t be relegated.” We all know what happened back then.

It appears that having a plan B in place for things is something the club don’t do.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 13 Dec 2018, 18:07

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:The new ground was mentioned as you would expect but no real updates. The only point of any concern is that should the ground not be built then do the club have a plan B. No they don’t as the question was asked. Is this a concern? I would say so in the current climate.

I recall Jack Fulton and RW discussing relegation from SL many years ago were asked if there was any plan B if we were to be relegated. Back then, as now with the ground, they said “We don’t have a plan B because we won’t be relegated.” We all know what happened back then.

It appears that having a plan B in place for things is something the club don’t do.
Perhaps Plan B's are a thing of the past as no one seems to have one these days...

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 13 Dec 2018, 18:43

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:The new ground was mentioned as you would expect but no real updates. The only point of any concern is that should the ground not be built then do the club have a plan B. No they don’t as the question was asked. Is this a concern? I would say so in the current climate.

Was there any talk of optimistic things and positives?

Johnlewis1920
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnlewis1920 » 13 Dec 2018, 19:27

Regards the proposed new ground it was mentioned the council would discuss amendments in the new year IF lateral / axiom talks with potential customers are successful it will go ahead
This new ground is much needed in my opinion for Castleford Tigers to keep its place in super league
COYF