Can Tigers 3Year Plan

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Can Tigers 3Year Plan

Post by Hepworth7 » 25 Oct 2018, 13:31

tigerfeat wrote:I'm sick of hearing were a small club if what where being told is true we are spending the full salary cap no reason at all we shouldn't be winning finals with the team and coach we've got
You don't have to be Einstine to figure out part of the reason were falling when it matters most is the small team idea that seems to be in heads
Bang on Tigerfeat,so much of this game played between the ear's and we need a decent sports psychologist to batter this small town mentality out of everyone!

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 25 Oct 2018, 20:43

Hepworth7 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:I'm sick of hearing were a small club if what where being told is true we are spending the full salary cap no reason at all we shouldn't be winning finals with the team and coach we've got
You don't have to be Einstine to figure out part of the reason were falling when it matters most is the small team idea that seems to be in heads
Bang on Tigerfeat,so much of this game played between the ear's and we need a decent sports psychologist to batter this small town mentality out of everyone!
what aload off rubbish we proved we can win big games magic weekends semi final against st helens. elland road suppose class as a big accession . don't need sport psychologist just need to had right players off season and strengthen squad in right place example centres.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 25 Oct 2018, 23:01

flow wrote:
Hepworth7 wrote:
what aload off rubbish we proved we can win big games magic weekends semi final against st helens. elland road suppose class as a big accession . don't need sport psychologist just need to had right players off season and strengthen squad in right place example centres.
There is a mentality issue around the whole club from “we are a small club with a small budget” to the final games of the last two seasons. We spend to the cap and we are no longer the underdog in any game, we now need to start believing that. Whilst we talk the talk going into the finals our behaviour and ability to get bullied on the field says otherwise. There’s something to be done and that’s for the coaching team to decide. I take confidence from JW’s season review on Tigers TV, the guy is on the ball and clearly has ideas up his sleeve. Adding a couple of players will not be our answer.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 26 Oct 2018, 00:08

SREGITSAC wrote:
flow wrote:
Hepworth7 wrote:
There is a mentality issue around the whole club from “we are a small club with a small budget” to the final games of the last two seasons. We spend to the cap and we are no longer the underdog in any game, we now need to start believing that. Whilst we talk the talk going into the finals our behaviour and ability to get bullied on the field says otherwise. There’s something to be done and that’s for the coaching team to decide. I take confidence from JW’s season review on Tigers TV, the guy is on the ball and clearly has ideas up his sleeve. Adding a couple of players will not be our answer.
do you read what u put not adding new players wont be the answer do you really think we will win things if we go we same squad and get a sports psychologist in, no centres one decent winger :oops: :oops:

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 26 Oct 2018, 00:19

We competed last year with injuries and such, what we lacked was the right mental attitude,so yes a sports psychologist would be have a bigger impact than two new signings
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 26 Oct 2018, 05:02

flow wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:
flow wrote:
Hepworth7 wrote:
do you read what u put not adding new players wont be the answer do you really think we will win things if we go we same squad and get a sports psychologist in, no centres one decent winger :oops: :oops:
Seriously, you are asking me if I read what I put?

I never said we don’t need any signings and if you can piece together my opinions from more than one thread you’ll notice I am hoping for some tweaks to the team. But if you think adding a winger and a centre (or two) will win us the GF then you are more clueless than I realised.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 26 Oct 2018, 10:09

you think I am clueless really please tell every body on here what we need to win grand final then cant wait for your answer

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Oct 2018, 10:39

In my opinion, and it may not be worth much.
Firstly we have the squad, especially 1-17 to win a semi final and grand final.
Our last 2 seasons, firstly last year, there were all sorts of disruptions in the week building up to the final. Even so I still thought the players on the field could and should have done the job. Imo what happened was the disruption got into there heads and it threw the whole balance of the team off. Hence a poor performance with lots of drops ball, which imo was lack of concentration due to the disruption in the build up. Some may say thats rubbish, just my opinion.
As for this years semi. I really do believe it was psychological.
It was a mirrored images of last years final. Lost balls, couldn’t put a pass together for love nor money. We had the players on the field to do a job. They sadly didn’t do that job.
We need to be mentally tougher, not saying a therapist would be the answer but I believe it would help in high tencity games.
Just my thoughts and no one else’s.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 26 Oct 2018, 10:59

old cas lass wrote:In my opinion, and it may not be worth much.
Our last 2 seasons, firstly last year, there were all sorts of disruptions in the week building up to the final. Even so I still thought the players on the field could and should have done the job. Imo what happened was the disruption got into there heads and it threw the whole balance of the team off. Hence a poor performance with lots of drops ball, which imo was lack of concentration due to the disruption in the build up. Some may say thats rubbish, just my opinion.
It was a mirrored images of last years final. Lost balls, couldn’t put a pass together for love nor money. We had the players on the field to do a job. They sadly didn’t do that job.
We need to be mentally tougher, not saying a therapist would be the answer but I believe it would help in high tencity games.
I tend to agree with this OCL, it’s definitely hearts and minds rather than ability that has held us back from doing the job the last two seasons.

It’s hard to pinpoint what will work, but that’s not our job as fans that’s the clubs job. I would say resilience is a key factor that needs to be explored, be that via a sports psychologist or through a resilience programme.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 26 Oct 2018, 11:04

My view of this years semi final is quite simple we were carrying too many players that wernt 100% and perhaps some shouldn't have played at all had others been available. Imo fitness was an issue all season and that reflected in the number of leg/hamstring/muscle injuries. A better/tougher pre season should see a big improvement in its self and should see a reduction in injuries.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Oct 2018, 11:08

braytontiger wrote:
My view of this years semi final is quite simple we were carrying too many players that wernt 100% and perhaps some shouldn't have played at all had others been available. Imo fitness was an issue all season and that reflected in the number of leg/hamstring/muscle injuries. A better/tougher pre season should see a big improvement in its self and should see a reduction in injuries.
Agree brayton. Luke gale should never have played, he was no where fit and that proved with his op straight after the season ended.
Though we had 2 better players injured a week before in trueman and moors, we still had the personal on the field to do a job.
I still think we weren’t mentally hard enough.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Oct 2018, 11:13

you can add the challenge cup q-final against hull in too where we played nothing like we had being playing and led dp to say after the match he couldnt understand it and it was are worst performance of the season
if you keep giving your worst performance of the season in games that matter most something needs to change dp alluded to that after the semi at wigan
bringing somebody in to work on that wouldnt be a bad thing but at the end of the day it should be in the players who have being called out as chokers to make everybody eat them words when were in big games next season which i believe we will be
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 26 Oct 2018, 11:21

tigerfeat wrote:
you can add the challenge cup q-final against hull in too where we played nothing like we had being playing and led dp to say after the match he couldnt understand it and it was are worst performance of the season
if you keep giving your worst performance of the season in games that matter most something needs to change dp alluded to that after the semi at wigan
bringing somebody in to work on that wouldnt be a bad thing but at the end of the day it should be in the players who have being called out as chokers to make everybody eat them words when were in big games next season which i believe we will be
People say we nether win big games last years semi last 5 years magic weekend won on big stage elland road last year dont think its owt mentally just not had quality last hurdle but hopefully make a few good signings and more look we injury s build up to big games. We lost 14 nil to. Winner s great defence could have one if had that quality to finish trys and. Not lost trueman and moors its not mentally at all .

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 26 Oct 2018, 11:38

old cas lass wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Agree brayton. Luke gale should never have played, he was no where fit and that proved with his op straight after the season ended.
Though we had 2 better players injured a week before in trueman and moors, we still had the personal on the field to do a job.
I agree OCL but if your body isn't fit neither will your mind be right. Feel good play good.not at any point through the season did we hit our straps and look in tip top shape.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Oct 2018, 11:40

braytontiger wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
I agree OCL but if your body isn't fit neither will your mind be right. Feel good play good.not at any point through the season did we hit our straps and look in tip top shape.
So true.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 26 Oct 2018, 11:49

flow wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:
People say we nether win big games last years semi last 5 years magic weekend won on big stage elland road last year dont think its owt mentally just not had quality last hurdle but hopefully make a few good signings and more look we injury s build up to big games. We lost 14 nil to. Winner s great defence could have one if had that quality to finish trys and. Not lost trueman and moors its not mentally at all .
We lose more big games than we win, last years semi final and the 2014 CC semi being the exception rather than the rule.

I think it goes down to the mentality of what you call a big game, because people are referring to knock out games that win you trophies in or get you into the finals to win the trophies. You are talking about games with big crowds, that are no different to any other league game i.e they are worth 2 points, important but not big games.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 26 Oct 2018, 11:58

Since I have been a Cas fan, 50 odd years, we have lost a boat load of “Big” games whilst also winning some.

We have won CC 3 times in those 50 odd years and lost it twice. We have been in 2 GF games, albeit the Premiership as it was then, and lost them both.

We won the Regal Trophy by hammering the best rugby league team ever in my view, Wigan at Headingley.

We finished top and won the LL shield for the first time in our history. There are examples of having what it takes to win “Big” games.

Having said that if you check how many semi finals we have lost over the years it is quite a lot and often with a poor performance.

Magic weekend for me isn’t a big game and neither is Leeds at Elland Road. It’s what is at stake that makes it a big game not the size of the crowd.

Recently Catalans away to win the league, Hull in CC away, GF last season and Semi this season are the big games for me. Take out Saints in Semi, and that isn’t a great record.

Add to this the record of DP at the Cappers and this where the concern is for me. You can maybe take the odd defeat but so often is not a coincidence for me.

We are not short on ability at all and last year showed we can blow teams away no problem. That isn’t enough to win the big games and trophies, look at Saints this year?

There is something that needs addressing by the club, not just the coaching staff, and I believe things will change but it will take time. Adding more quality will certainly help but not be the only answer. As fans we can and do do our bit with tickets, shirts etc. The end result is with the performance on the pitch and that is the yardstickmof a “Top club”. Are we there yet? Not quite for me but we are closer than ever before.

DP and JW are making the right noises for improvement next year and beyond and I believe they will do the necessary. Should be very interesting in 2019 and I am sure we will all be there to see what happens. Would rather be where we are now than pre DP.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 26 Oct 2018, 12:01

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Since I have been a Cas fan, 50 odd years, we have lost a boat load of “Big” games whilst also winning some.

We have won CC 3 times in those 50 odd years and lost it twice. We have been in 2 GF games, albeit the Premiership as it was then, and lost them both.

We won the Regal Trophy by hammering the best rugby league team ever in my view, Wigan at Headingley.

We finished top and won the LL shield for the first time in our history. There are examples of having what it takes to win “Big” games.

Having said that if you check how many semi finals we have lost over the years it is quite a lot and often with a poor performance.

Magic weekend for me isn’t a big game and neither is Leeds at Elland Road. It’s what is at stake that makes it a big game not the size of the crowd.

Recently Catalans away to win the league, Hull in CC away, GF last season and Semi this season are the big games for me. Take out Saints in Semi, and that isn’t a great record.

Add to this the record of DP at the Cappers and this where the concern is for me. You can maybe take the odd defeat but so often is not a coincidence for me.

We are not short on ability at all and last year showed we can blow teams away no problem. That isn’t enough to win the big games and trophies, look at Saints this year?

There is something that needs addressing by the club, not just the coaching staff, and I believe things will change but it will take time. Adding more quality will certainly help but not be the only answer. As fans we can and do do our bit with tickets, shirts etc. The end result is with the performance on the pitch and that is the yardstickmof a “Top club”. Are we there yet? Not quite for me but we are closer than ever before.

DP and JW are making the right noises for improvement next year and beyond and I believe they will do the necessary. Should be very interesting in 2019 and I am sure we will all be there to see what happens. Would rather be where we are now than pre DP.
:clap: great summary!

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 26 Oct 2018, 12:03

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Since I have been a Cas fan, 50 odd years, we have lost a boat load of “Big” games whilst also winning some.

Not bad post the fans need to get behind them attendance drop quite alot this year for reasons not sure

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 26 Oct 2018, 12:31

Well thought out and reasoned post LT, I would concur with these sentiments. :clap: