Next Year's Squad

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 07 Oct 2018, 22:53

I think when Trueman is fit, Roberts may play centre. Depending on whether Minikin makes the change back inside and how Shenton goes.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 08 Oct 2018, 08:42

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:I think when Trueman is fit, Roberts may play centre. Depending on whether Minikin makes the change back inside and how Shenton goes.
I bl**dy hope not

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 08 Oct 2018, 08:59

we keep trying to find a slot for Benny when was the last time he shone for us, we have some young lads who can play center Robey Storey and Agodo most likely spelt wrong, I would have thought these should be given a go to see if they are up to it , we have the pre season friendly's to look forward to an ideal time for them to play

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Oct 2018, 09:02

Roberts should be no where near are starting line up next year as people have said I'd try and offer him to London
Even tho he might have missed a couple more tackles I would have played Ellis over him every day of the week
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 08 Oct 2018, 12:41

tigerfeat wrote:Roberts should be no where near are starting line up next year as people have said I'd try and offer him to London
Even tho he might have missed a couple more tackles I would have played Ellis over him every day of the week
Me too just for his kicking game,that's what was missing against Wigan,it was extremely poor

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 08 Oct 2018, 12:58

I'd hazard a guess that either Wardle or Roberts will get the #3 shirt next season.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 08 Oct 2018, 13:54

heritage1926 wrote:I'd hazard a guess that either Wardle or Roberts will get the #3 shirt next season.
Or foster

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 08 Oct 2018, 13:58

Gadwin has made a handful of appearances off the bench this season, clearly out of favour and on his way. Benny has been a bit player this season, is behind Trueman in the halves, and does not seem to have a role for next year. Paying him off would be a good investment.
This would give DP and JW a nice bit of salary cap to freshen up the squad.
cum on you Ford

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 08 Oct 2018, 14:01

heritage1926 wrote:I'd hazard a guess that either Wardle or Roberts will get the #3 shirt next season.
Both these lads have been given chances to play center for me both have come up short, on Friday big Jake looked far better when he came on than either of these two lads have done

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 08 Oct 2018, 14:26

That's not how you spell Minikin lol
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 08 Oct 2018, 14:40

If we don't sign anyone I would go with Foster at centre

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 08 Oct 2018, 19:37

Scoopage wrote:
Or foster
None of them are good enough centres in my eye.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 08 Oct 2018, 19:59

Minikin n Shenton will be 3 n 4 next year, hasn't DP practically confirmed this in an interview? Think we have more chance of signing a top winger instead of a top centre.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 08 Oct 2018, 21:54

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
Scoopage wrote:
Or foster
None of them are good enough centres in my eye.
Foster was on fire at centre against Leeds this year but they were gash.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 09 Oct 2018, 10:11

I think we've made a non fed /foreign signing otherwise we could keep jy as we are short in the outside backs.

DP says they're don't be much changing assist from 2/3."looking at our squad, we are not losing any first 17 players. Unlike the other teams, so we must be doing something right.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 09 Oct 2018, 11:44

mart0042 wrote:I think we've made a non fed /foreign signing otherwise we could keep jy as we are short in the outside backs.

DP says they're don't be much changing assist from 2/3."looking at our squad, we are not losing any first 17 players. Unlike the other teams, so we must be doing something right.
Apart from Jake Webster???

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 10 Oct 2018, 18:15

Here is something that I have recently been thinking about. I was totally against having a marquee signing and Cas Tigers (along with Leeds) are probably the most unlikely clubs to have one. We've been making a good profit over the last couple of years so it might just be the time to see if it could work for us.

Myself, I would be looking at a Captain and loose forward. It was rumoured that we were looking at Gareth Ellis when he finished his stint in Australia. Paul Gallen was also a target I am lead to believe. Move Milner back into a shared hooking role with Macca and bring in someone in the mould of O'Loughlin or Wilkin. Who is available though ?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 10 Oct 2018, 19:12

Tigerade wrote:Here is something that I have recently been thinking about. I was totally against having a marquee signing and Cas Tigers (along with Leeds) are probably the most unlikely clubs to have one. We've been making a good profit over the last couple of years so it might just be the time to see if it could work for us.

Myself, I would be looking at a Captain and loose forward. It was rumoured that we were looking at Gareth Ellis when he finished his stint in Australia. Paul Gallen was also a target I am lead to believe. Move Milner back into a shared hooking role with Macca and bring in someone in the mould of O'Loughlin or Wilkin. Who is available though ?
Everyone was after Gaz Ellis when he came back from Oz
Were we really after Gallen???
Macca is an 80 minute player now so moving Milner would be a waste
Erm, Wilkin is available!!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 10 Oct 2018, 20:39

Everyone was after Gaz Ellis when he came back from Oz
Were we really after Gallen???
Macca is an 80 minute player now so moving Milner would be a waste
Erm, Wilkin is available!!
Ellis - We were in a 3 horse race with Hull FC and Leeds for Ellis.
Gallen - We got as far as agreeing terms but he backed out when Cronulla gave him a deal.
Wilkin - I was thinking more like the player of 6 or 7 seasons ago but not the John Wilkin of 2018. Signed for Hull KR for 2019 apparently.

The main aim of my idea was to bring in a new marquee wage paid captain and, loose forward looks like a position we have tried to fill in the near past but with no success. When/who was the last out an out L/F number 13 who played for the Tigers ? Bartrim ? Nikau ?

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 10 Oct 2018, 21:02

Bart rim was signed to be and to the best of my recollection was a hooker. If milner is such a let down at 13 how come he's in the England squad?

For me we need a quality centre, failing that a full back and move PM to 3.

FWIW the best LF I ever saw play for Cas was Nikau. By a million miles. But the game has changed, IMO Foster is made for 13 in this day and age, can alternate between centre and prop.

As they say though, opinions are like ring pieces, everyone has one!!!