Next Year's Squad

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Nov 2018, 11:22

TT Tiger wrote:We all know the season isn’t won in February I’m hoping we make 2 good mid season signings as good as peanut and watts. If one of those is a centre watch this space also if Gale and Truman stay fit all season I think we could be there or there about a anyway.
we appointed jon wells this year to get the signings spot on are you saying the best we can hope for is out of the blue situations like wattsy being shown the door or leigh going bust before we make good signings
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 14 Nov 2018, 11:47

tigerfeat wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:We all know the season isn’t won in February I’m hoping we make 2 good mid season signings as good as peanut and watts. If one of those is a centre watch this space also if Gale and Truman stay fit all season I think we could be there or there about a anyway.
we appointed jon wells this year to get the signings spot on are you saying the best we can hope for is out of the blue situations like wattsy being shown the door or leigh going bust before we make good signings
You just said it yourself, we appointed Wells to get the signings spot on - but if the right players aren't out there, or are demanding too much, then I'd rather wait until the right player does present itself.

Many seem to forget that is was at centre that Minikin first attracted interest from superleague teams - was it Jon Wilkin who bigged Minikin up as a future star? If Powell thinks Minikin is the best option for the second centre spot then I trust his decision.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 14 Nov 2018, 12:15

Craig @ SMTMUK (players agent) has just tweeted:
People keep asking why @CTRLFC not going into player market. I hope it's to give younger players a chance and not just because they can’t get players of the cap Big season for @CTRLFC coming up need to stay in top four or season deemed a failure in my opinion
I wonder if that's a little dig at the likes of Roberts and Ellis?

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 14 Nov 2018, 12:46

heritage1926 wrote:Craig @ SMTMUK (players agent) has just tweeted:
People keep asking why @CTRLFC not going into player market. I hope it's to give younger players a chance and not just because they can’t get players of the cap Big season for @CTRLFC coming up need to stay in top four or season deemed a failure in my opinion
I wonder if that's a little dig at the likes of Roberts and Ellis?
Well, it’s clearly been spawned from a position of knowledge and, perhaps, frustration on a personal level (or at client level).

It’s also somewhat applying a notch of extra pressure to the club and off field staff too.

Someone somewhere isn’t happy. I think that is obvious.
Audacter Et Sincere

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 14 Nov 2018, 13:33

Think its just agent talk again- he probably has players on his books he wants to re-arrange contracts for (think Turner is one of his) and Cas are saying they don't have the cap available to enter into negotiations.

Lets be honest - who on his books stands out as a player we would be interested in signing - cant imagine he has any overseas players we want to fill the missing centre spot.

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 14 Nov 2018, 13:44

St Albans tiger wrote:Think its just agent talk again- he probably has players on his books he wants to re-arrange contracts for (think Turner is one of his) and Cas are saying they don't have the cap available to enter into negotiations.

Lets be honest - who on his books stands out as a player we would be interested in signing - cant imagine he has any overseas players we want to fill the missing centre spot.
Why would he be talking about turner he has a 2 year contract and not a bad contract

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Nov 2018, 13:44

Mitch Garbutt I think was on his books maybe he tried to get him in to cas who knows
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 14 Nov 2018, 14:51

My post only refers to Turner as a young player on his books - not that we are in discussions.

At the end of the day he is a players agent who has probably been told that is players are not being considered as we have no cap and are not the right players - he has taken his ball away and is in a sulk as the only deal we have done with him is Trueman.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 14 Nov 2018, 14:53

Not so sure someone in his position should be going public on private matters, by all means air his views with the relevant people behind a closed door but don't air your dirty washing in public. Probably means well but he's going about it the wrong way.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 14 Nov 2018, 14:55

St Albans tiger wrote:My post only refers to Turner as a young player on his books - not that we are in discussions.

At the end of the day he is a players agent who has probably been told that is players are not being considered as we have no cap and are not the right players - he has taken his ball away and is in a sulk as the only deal we have done with him is Trueman.
That's not entirely true a fair number of our youngsters are on his books some that have recently signed contracts.

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 14 Nov 2018, 15:38

braytontiger wrote:Not so sure someone in his position should be going public on private matters, by all means air his views with the relevant people behind a closed door but don't air your dirty washing in public. Probably means well but he's going about it the wrong way.

I dont think he has said anything out of order. It looks to me like he is bigging up the promotion of juniors (he is a massive advocate of this).

He also has a show on Proper Sport with Mick Gledhill so this could be seen as a tweet to entice interaction on the show.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 14 Nov 2018, 16:31

StevieTheTV wrote:
braytontiger wrote:Not so sure someone in his position should be going public on private matters, by all means air his views with the relevant people behind a closed door but don't air your dirty washing in public. Probably means well but he's going about it the wrong way.

I dont think he has said anything out of order. It looks to me like he is bigging up the promotion of juniors (he is a massive advocate of this).

He also has a show on Proper Sport with Mick Gledhill so this could be seen as a tweet to entice interaction on the show.

Guess the bloke is marmite. Fans like him because he gives out cryptic clues to what's happening. Of course he bigs up youngsters he must have a high percentage of young academy players and the more he gets into the system the more money he makes its not rocket science.

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 14 Nov 2018, 16:55

St Albans tiger wrote:My post only refers to Turner as a young player on his books - not that we are in discussions.

We have also done macca milner turner oneill

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 14 Nov 2018, 21:14

He’s been vocal for some time about Cas giving the likes of Egodo and Turner a shot over bringing in experience. He gets tweeted daily about Cas signing and is queried about it every week on the show. I don’t think him saying this is an issue or goes against anything he has previously said.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 14 Nov 2018, 21:28

Any one who would like to watch some of our young guns in action, Yorkshire take on the Australians November 28th 7-30 KO our own Peachey Lewis Carr and Robey Storey have been selected see you there folks

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 15 Nov 2018, 01:54

I think we’ll go
Mata’utia, Minikin, Foster, Shenton, Eden, Truman, Gale, Watts, McShane, Moors, Holmes, McMeeken, Milner
JSL, Millington, Clark, Roberts.

Which is an improvement on
Roberts, Minikin, Webster, Shenton, Eden, Ellis, Gale, Moors, McShane, Millington, McMeeken, Milner
Massey, JSL, Wardle, Foster.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 15 Nov 2018, 07:34

TT Tiger wrote:I think we’ll go
Mata’utia, Minikin, Foster, Shenton, Eden, Truman, Gale, Watts, McShane, Moors, Holmes, McMeeken, Milner
JSL, Millington, Clark, Roberts.

Which is an improvement on
Roberts, Minikin, Webster, Shenton, Eden, Ellis, Gale, Moors, McShane, Millington, McMeeken, Milner
Massey, JSL, Wardle, Foster.
Obviously, given there’s only 16 players in the squad at the bottom :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 15 Nov 2018, 07:55

ThTs because we quite often only play with 16 anyway. Good knowledge from TT if you ask me :dance: :dance: :dance:

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 15 Nov 2018, 10:44

starting to get worried me other teams are signing players a bet season tickets sales are down people holding off see if we sign any. reminds me off the good team we had in the nineties and dint build on it look were that finished relegation twice. dint look like scoring last two games end off season come on mister wells lets see what you have up your sleeves

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 15 Nov 2018, 10:44

Oops forgot Holmes :P