Overview 2018

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Overview 2018

Post by cogito ergo sum » 07 Oct 2018, 12:02

I had the feeling right from the beginning of this season that we never quite got going. We had bad weather, postponements, constant attempts to solve positional problems etc. The first part of the season we were well placed but with a negative points difference, we couldn't play two halves of a game, and we had a couple of outstanding performances including Leeds at home.

It's as though we were always waiting to improve consistently but never really did. Taking all that, to finish where we have is very good, and there are 8 super league clubs wishing they had done as well.

The highlight for me is Saints winning naff all, because the LLS means nowt, does it....

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Overview 2018

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 07 Oct 2018, 12:14

cogito ergo sum wrote:I had the feeling right from the beginning of this season that we never quite got going. We had bad weather, postponements, constant attempts to solve positional problems etc. The first part of the season we were well placed but with a negative points difference, we couldn't play two halves of a game, and we had a couple of outstanding performances including Leeds at home.

It's as though we were always waiting to improve consistently but never really did. Taking all that, to finish where we have is very good, and there are 8 super league clubs wishing they had done as well.

The highlight for me is Saints winning naff all, because the LLS means nowt, does it....
Agree with the first parts. Never looked like being at peak. We were spoiled the season before, although we peaked after 3 games then :lol:
We did well to finish where we finished in the circumstances this year. However it seems like an indictment of how poor the league is nowadays.