Overview 2018

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Overview 2018

Post by gateman » 07 Oct 2018, 09:25

I would like to think that Turner would kick on, but with what I have seen of him this year in the 19s and his odd first team games the lad is not ready to make the step up as yet, a spell in the lower leagues may be what he needs

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 07 Oct 2018, 09:29

P. M has to be our full back next season without doubt. He has showed in his short time with us how good he can be. With a full pre season under his belt I think he could be one of best FBs in superleague next year. Ain't he only mid 20s too?

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 07 Oct 2018, 09:30

Just googled it. He's 27. Still has his best 3 years in front of him. Sorry to say Turner will have to wait.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Oct 2018, 09:32

I know I will be in a majority of one on this but I thought Turner looked to have a big future when I saw him at wire
Plus P.M will be dream team standard if he plays 3 or 4
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 07 Oct 2018, 09:43

tigerfeat wrote:I know I will be in a majority of one on this but I thought Turner looked to have a big future when I saw him at wire
you are right he did have a good match at Warrington scoring a try and kicked goals, obvious the lad as talent but on a week to week basis I honestly dont think he is not ready, hence my suggestion of a spell in the lower leagues

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 07 Oct 2018, 09:57

gateman wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:I know I will be in a majority of one on this but I thought Turner looked to have a big future when I saw him at wire
you are right he did have a good match at Warrington scoring a try and kicked goals, obvious the lad as talent but on a week to week basis I honestly dont think he is not ready, hence my suggestion of a spell in the lower leagues
I think It might be beneficial as Gateman suggests but like Clark did at Featherstone he needs to be pulling up trees. Plus no point in sending him to a lower quality team either. He needs to be at high end championship or standards and intensity will drop.

I've a feeling Fozzy will be at centre next season - dunno why but just a feeling DP will give him a go

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 07 Oct 2018, 10:21

ERG2012 wrote:
gateman wrote:
I think It might be beneficial as Gateman suggests but like Clark did at Featherstone he needs to be pulling up trees. Plus no point in sending him to a lower quality team either. He needs to be at high end championship or standards and intensity will drop.

I've a feeling Fozzy will be at centre next season - dunno why but just a feeling DP will give him a go

Callum has a huge future needs to possibly change his attitude a bit. He's got a full pre season to train the house down and really push Powell to give him a chance. If not and Powell decided he isn't ready yet he needs to be playing week in week out in the championship to get the experience he needs and I'm sure he could be the player we are talking about like we al have Mitch. One thing for certain is attacking wise Callum is top draw picks great passes with effortless ease. Think him and Pete need to work a bit on there overall fitness and speed to try be a bit better at supporting players up the middle at times that's something hardaker had and qlt had.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 07 Oct 2018, 11:44

dude wrote:id also say a less entertaining brand of rugby and dis jointed attack where we look like we havent played together instead of the fast attacking rugby we played last year will have kept some of the pay on the gate fans away. i like PM but he doesnt run round the back of gale and hit the gaps like hardacer or dorn used to
So many changes and No consistency. Think how many half back fullback combos we have had this year.
Trueman, Shenton, Roberts, Turner, QLT, Mata'utia, Eden all played FB.
Ellis, Gale, Trueman, QLT, Roberts, Mcshane all played in halves.
A nightmare for gaining any fluency.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 07 Oct 2018, 11:53

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
dude wrote:id also say a less entertaining brand of rugby and dis jointed attack where we look like we havent played together instead of the fast attacking rugby we played last year will have kept some of the pay on the gate fans away. i like PM but he doesnt run round the back of gale and hit the gaps like hardacer or dorn used to
So many changes and No consistency. Think how many half back fullback combos we have had this year.
Trueman, Shenton, Roberts, Turner, QLT, Mata'utia, Eden all played FB.
Ellis, Gale, Trueman, QLT, Roberts, Mcshane all played in halves.
A nightmare for gaining any fluency.

Exactly , it’s been a mix and match season.
Been more square pegs in round holes this year than I’ve ever known.......all because of a full back position.
Also having gale and Roberts our 2 starting half back out half a season.
Though it’s work out well because we now have a gem in jake trueman.
We need to invest in a center and prop for next year, rather see moors play wide, seems to be his better position.

noxandrattles
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by noxandrattles » 07 Oct 2018, 11:56

tigerfeat wrote:To be fair a average gate of 7751 for a town with a population of just over 40,000 is very good

agreed

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 07 Oct 2018, 12:02

I had the feeling right from the beginning of this season that we never quite got going. We had bad weather, postponements, constant attempts to solve positional problems etc. The first part of the season we were well placed but with a negative points difference, we couldn't play two halves of a game, and we had a couple of outstanding performances including Leeds at home.

It's as though we were always waiting to improve consistently but never really did. Taking all that, to finish where we have is very good, and there are 8 super league clubs wishing they had done as well.

The highlight for me is Saints winning naff all, because the LLS means nowt, does it....

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 07 Oct 2018, 12:14

cogito ergo sum wrote:I had the feeling right from the beginning of this season that we never quite got going. We had bad weather, postponements, constant attempts to solve positional problems etc. The first part of the season we were well placed but with a negative points difference, we couldn't play two halves of a game, and we had a couple of outstanding performances including Leeds at home.

It's as though we were always waiting to improve consistently but never really did. Taking all that, to finish where we have is very good, and there are 8 super league clubs wishing they had done as well.

The highlight for me is Saints winning naff all, because the LLS means nowt, does it....
Agree with the first parts. Never looked like being at peak. We were spoiled the season before, although we peaked after 3 games then :lol:
We did well to finish where we finished in the circumstances this year. However it seems like an indictment of how poor the league is nowadays.