Daryl Powell

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Daryl Powell

Post by HuddsTigers » 05 Oct 2018, 23:12

Tell you what, I’d rather have Daryl Powell taking us this far every season than having Millward or someone else taking us to the foot of the table or aiming for 8th.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 05 Oct 2018, 23:17

Tigersbarmy wrote:I’m sorry to say but has Daryl took us as far as he can ?

Serious question
Wigan are not exciting to watch but their style of play i.e.5 drives and kick for touch or position backed up by an awesome defence is perfect for playoff football.
I am sad we didn’t win but we were second best on the night.
Having said that I believe we over achieved this season with all the injuries we had and believe that we can go into next season with confidence
I’m sorry , but I can’t take a discussion about whether Powell can take us any further (which is already further than anyone else has taken us in our 90+ years) seriously

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Oct 2018, 23:18

Other thing is everyone down in dumps at minute but you have to say Wigan were excellent I thought so anyway
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 05 Oct 2018, 23:19

tigerfeat wrote:Other thing is everyone down in dumps at minute but you have to say Wigan were excellent I thought so anyway
See above

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 05 Oct 2018, 23:47

tigerfeat wrote:Other thing is everyone down in dumps at minute but you have to say Wigan were excellent I thought so anyway
Did what they had to do, but excellent? No. Didn’t have to be.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 05 Oct 2018, 23:50

Nu Shooze wrote:
Did what they had to do, but excellent? No. Didn’t have to be.
Would have like to see how they went if we could have scored in the final 15 mins.
Like was said, they didn’t have to get out of second day.

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 05 Oct 2018, 23:55

Serious question
Get in the bin. Ye I miss the days of fighting for safety and getting tonked by 50+ routinely. Our infrastructure has not improved, we have had no investment, Darryl is the reason we have a team that does us proud. Knew I should not have logged on here. Jeez

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 06 Oct 2018, 00:03

Absolutely no way do we even think of getting rid of DP. He is why we are where we are.

I suggest the club lol at more quality and no more cheap nasty signings, back DP a bit more.

As for us fans, well we will be back in 2019.

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 06 Oct 2018, 00:08

It’s about time we added some quality to the squad worked last season with him who shall not be named, we have the makings of a good squad but without at least 1 centre let alone 2 we will struggle the salary cap excuse is rubbish and if we’re up to cap we’re spending far too much or bit part players !

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 06 Oct 2018, 00:11

put a vote out there any DP knockers you will find out you will be in the minority we have no big backers wanting to throw their money to bring a team in, we are are a small town with the majority of the working fans on low wages to take over 4.000 away is top draw we are CAS we punch above our weight long may it continue , COME ON YE FORD

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 06 Oct 2018, 00:15

SFOtiger wrote:No.
This.

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 06 Oct 2018, 00:21

put a vote out there any DP knockers you will find out you will be in the minority we have no big backers wanting to throw their money to bring a team in, we are are a small town with the majority of the working fans on low wages to take over 4.000 away is top draw we are CAS we punch above our weight long may it continue , COME ON YE FORD

This

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 06 Oct 2018, 00:34

By no means calling for his head, but I do have to question his ability to get us over the line in big games. Agree with some posts, tactically found wanting in big games, and some of his team selections left me searching my head. For instance Jessie is a great 2nd rower but average prop, yet continues at prop. Tonight he doesnt play Clark until 50 minutes, then takes him off when hes the only forward putting it to them. We then continue to yry and beat them down the middle when clearly the way to beat Wigan is out wide. You must also question recruitment this in particular Aston, Ellis, Green, whilst not high earners, total waste of cap for me, throw into that Maher extended contract, and Springer . Alot of salary cap sat in stand. Desperately need a centre for next season.

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 06 Oct 2018, 00:34

While emotions are running high can we watch what's posted as there's no need to have a go at other people.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Oct 2018, 00:39

Defo needs to ask his old mucker at Wigan how to prepare a team to win these big games blokes done it on a regular basis since he became there coach
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 06 Oct 2018, 02:42

westerbeast wrote:Get a grip, the players were poor. Was Mc Meeckan even on the field. Bottled it when it counts AGAIN ALL OFF THEM.
mcmeeken took a bad knock from one of his own players early in the 2nd half. did well to stay on the pitch.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 06 Oct 2018, 05:14

It wasn't the coach who was dropping the ball,attempting dumb plays and giving daft penalties away.

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 06 Oct 2018, 07:25

Serious question
I think he's gone as far as he can with the current squad of players, yes. Would another coach achieve more with the same squad at the same club? Definitely not.
You can argue about the dream team but the fact is that not a single Cas player has been picked and for a club that has finished 1st & 3rd in the league the last 2 years we have very few internationals. I think DP has this club & squad punching well above its weight & I wouldn't swap him for anyone.

Last night was a real disappointment but in the cold light of day with the injuries we've had & particularly the problems at 1 finishing 3rd has been a great achievement & it's nice to be moaning about a poor semi final performance rather than being the relegation dodgers of a few years ago before DP.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 06 Oct 2018, 07:26

drleftie wrote:

Serious question
I think he's gone as far as he can with the current squad of players, yes. Would another coach achieve more with the same squad at the same club? Definitely not.
You can argue about the dream team but the fact is that not a single Cas player has been picked and for a club that has finished 1st & 3rd in the league the last 2 years we have very few internationals. I think DP has this club & squad punching well above its weight & I wouldn't swap him for anyone.

Last night was a real disappointment but in the cold light of day with the injuries we've had & particularly the problems at 1 finishing 3rd has been a great achievement & it's nice to be moaning about a poor semi final performance rather than being the relegation dodgers of a few years ago before DP.
Great post. Nailed it.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 06 Oct 2018, 08:00

Powell needs to understand the fans are still behind him before any rash decisions are made. Gotta get the word out.