Disappointed

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Disappointed

Post by The Firm » 05 Oct 2018, 22:29

Kenilworth Tiger wrote:out of that "performance" tonight how you can single out Shenton as not good enough is beyond me

I won't name players but there many many worse than Shenny tonight, one who has just been rewarded with a call up to the England side and one who is an England regular.
What you say about the England players is correct but sadly Shenton looked like an old man tonight, and not for the first time this season. Also Wardle is in no way a centre and Ben Roberts is also a total waste of a shirt. McMeeken could do with spending less time strutting round admiring his physique and more time doing what he’s paid for as well.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 05 Oct 2018, 22:31

duke street 10 wrote:
Kenilworth Tiger wrote:out of that "performance" tonight how you can single out Shenton as not good enough is beyond me

I won't name players but there many many worse than Shenny tonight, one who has just been rewarded with a call up to the England side and one who is an England regular.
Out of the 17 i'd say Pete M & Mitch Clark were the only one's who came out with any credit. The rest were bang average and i think i'm been generous.

Two games no points scored....frankly embarrassing for a professional R.L side.
Watts ran hard to be fair but gave a couple of crucial cheap penalties away. Thats about your lot though.

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 05 Oct 2018, 22:32

No point singling anyone out it was a poor performance all round. Looked like we had no confidence in our attacking structures and tried to score off every half chance instead of building pressure & field position.
Didn’t think we’d win but we went down with a whimper.
GF all over again. Maybe we need a psychologist as well as a centre!

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 05 Oct 2018, 22:35

Apart from anything else, to win these games line speed and ruck speed are a must. We had neither. Not once did we try to pep it up; let Wigan dictate the pace all night.

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 05 Oct 2018, 22:36

Outplayed. Outclassed. Out-thought. Out enthused.
OUT
Totally and unequivocally embarrassing.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 05 Oct 2018, 22:39

Watts macca peanut and Mitch went well for me. Can't understand why Wardle was centre and Jake on bench waste of movement for me Joe is a cracking second row but not a centre.
As a club I think we are carrying a few players now, Roberts and Ellis wages would have been better spent on one halve that was decent. Shenny and millo sadly are slowing up for me. We seem to lack any genuine pace and the fact we have only shenny as our centre and Eden as our only pace winger is a worry.
Also the fact all we have is a left edge play and nothing on the right after two years needs some serious work.

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 05 Oct 2018, 22:47

disagree about only having a left edge attack....with truey we have a right edge attack....his kicks go ingoal an cause repeat sets or trys.......Roberts fluffed up every kick he tried...there is the difference....truey would have caused havoc with the few chances we had.....

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 05 Oct 2018, 22:48

betts21 wrote:Watts macca peanut and Mitch went well for me. Can't understand why Wardle was centre and Jake on bench waste of movement for me Joe is a cracking second row but not a centre.
As a club I think we are carrying a few players now, Roberts and Ellis wages would have been better spent on one halve that was decent. Shenny and millo sadly are slowing up for me. We seem to lack any genuine pace and the fact we have only shenny as our centre and Eden as our only pace winger is a worry.
Also the fact all we have is a left edge play and nothing on the right after two years needs some serious work.
I will add the left edge looks slow when Holmes is in the attacking line.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 05 Oct 2018, 23:00

Amazing what tying up the team with long contracts can do to a players mentality . Doesn't matter if I play bad cause I'm here for a couple of Years ](*,)

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 05 Oct 2018, 23:03

Flew over 2014 for Wembley - disappointed.
Flew over last year for `GF - disappointed
Flew over for this and hopefully another GF - disappointed.

Think I will stay in NJ next time - maybe we'll win!!

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 05 Oct 2018, 23:05

usacas wrote:Flew over 2014 for Wembley - disappointed.

Feel your pain fella - safe trip back

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 05 Oct 2018, 23:27

Wigan obviously rated him as they had numbers on him quickly every time he had the ball which is what stifled our left edge

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 05 Oct 2018, 23:29

SuffolkTiger wrote:
usacas wrote:Flew over 2014 for Wembley - disappointed.

Feel your pain fella - safe trip back
Thanks ST. Disappointed yes but will always be a Cas fan. I’m sure I won’t be able to resist coming back if we are within a sniff of a trophy next season.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 06 Oct 2018, 00:07

old cas lass wrote:160 mins without scoring a point, now that’s a worry.
Pretty embarrassing tbh.

This

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 06 Oct 2018, 00:09

That’s my biggest concern feel sick we haven’t scored in that time

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 06 Oct 2018, 00:38

Said it a fortnight ago, Shenton is done it’s as simple as that, and he has been for yonks, the legs are the last thing to go, they’ve gone, people really need to get their head out of the clouds with regards to him, theirs no room for sentimency, that’s when sides get left behind, Gildart had his number from minute 1, it was like shelling peas, he’s been a great servant to the club, but it’s time he was moved on.

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 06 Oct 2018, 00:46

Shenton has been a class act for such a long time but have to agree for me he has gone if he is still at the club next season the captaincy has to be moved his just not a leader and as for his ability to pass on some occasions as much as he has a pass nailed on for Eden he could have had a hat trick tonight !’

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 06 Oct 2018, 02:38

haven't watched it back yet but at the game shenny seemed to get some real suicide passes and did well to catch them as gildart was on him as the ball arrived.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 06 Oct 2018, 05:06

lurcher wrote:haven't watched it back yet but at the game shenny seemed to get some real suicide passes and did well to catch them as gildart was on him as the ball arrived.
If people are going on about Shenton being slow,how about the service he got last night? especially when Holmes was in the line?. he slows any attack we have out wide.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 06 Oct 2018, 08:00

lurcher wrote:haven't watched it back yet but at the game shenny seemed to get some real suicide passes and did well to catch them as gildart was on him as the ball arrived.
That’s how I saw it