Richard Wright

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Richard Wright

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Oct 2018, 13:26

No longer a Director.

His Directorship was terminated with Companies House on 12th September. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Richard Wright

Post by classysupercas3 » 02 Oct 2018, 13:46

He flogged his fruit and veg business as well

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 02 Oct 2018, 14:10

HuddsTigers wrote:No longer a Director.

His Directorship was terminated with Companies House on 12th September. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history
Can remember when you really kissed is ass on here when every body else was saying he should step down lmao

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 02 Oct 2018, 14:41

flow wrote:

Can remember when you really kissed is ass on here when every body else was saying he should step down lmao
Oh Flow..........You are AWFUL [-X ................But i like you :dance: :dance: :lol: :lol:

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 02 Oct 2018, 15:02

Hip hip...........

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 02 Oct 2018, 15:11

flow wrote:

:lol: we all remember

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 02 Oct 2018, 16:07

does he still own all his shares?

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 02 Oct 2018, 16:27

Fantastic news, just needs to sell his shares now and never come back.

I bet Hudds is devastated at news of his idol. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 02 Oct 2018, 16:52

Completely O/T here, but wasn't the Wright family way back credited with inventing some television puppets? I worked with a son in law of his about 25yrs since and sure he told the tail.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Oct 2018, 16:58

Pinky and perky ??
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 02 Oct 2018, 17:03

Bill n Ben....the flowerpot men

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 02 Oct 2018, 17:07

Fryston Tiger wrote:Bill n Ben....the flowerpot men
Yep, thought I'd remembered correctly.
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-2087183

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Oct 2018, 17:50

flow wrote:

Firstly, I’ll admit that I was naive and a lot younger. However, you have no idea what was discussed off-forum or privately, as I’ve reiterated and said several times, I prefer to go direct to the source. Just like you like to give us a weekly running commentary on your stadium moan, people do things in different ways. One thing I have always been is fairly impartial and not afraid to say how I feel.

With the club, I had personal relationships that I enjoyed with various people and privileges as a result. Why would I ever want to compromise them? I put my own credibility on the line and have been torn to shreds as a result. Was I wrong? Perhaps. Would I alter defending RW in certain circumstances? No - to do so would be hypocritical. I believe he did things wrong in hindsight, and I’m sure he would admit to mistakes if asked. But I always felt he did his best for the club and had it at heart. He’s a Cas fan as we all are - it’s just sometimes his best wasn’t good enough.

So yeah, RW was and is a friend to me. I’m hardly going to stab the guy in the back. Ditto Dave Smart, Tom Walters, Steve Gill. All thoroughly decent guys who have given me opportunities and support in my career/studies.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Oct 2018, 17:53

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Fantastic news, just needs to sell his shares now and never come back.

I bet Hudds is devastated at news of his idol. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Clearly - that’s why I immediately thought, I know I’ll post it on Casforum.

I have better things to do than argue with people who have no clue. I thought it was useful info. Feel free to slag off a man who is defenceless if you wish and can’t come back with his take. That says a lot about anyone doing that.

Note to next time for me - keep all info to myself. Sod it.

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 02 Oct 2018, 19:17

A few individuals on here need to be careful with their vitriol against other posters they may disagree with otherwise, this forum will go the way CasRLfans did. Only this time it will be of our own idiots making!

](*,) ](*,)
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 02 Oct 2018, 19:51

I honestly think Richard Wright did what he thought was best for the club and would go as far as to say that, although the club were relegated under his internship, he made as sure as he could, that we made an immediate return to Superleague. He worked his socks off, but there were times when he could have delegated more than he did, but reckon trying to save the pennies cost the pounds. There have been others (who shall remain nameless) would have sunk the club, but without going into specifics, luckily, things worked out for us and I think RW played his part.
Danny Boy

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 02 Oct 2018, 20:07

I understand that a loan has been repaid hence he will step down. He remains as a shareholder but has like the rest of us lost any say in the club.
The Fulton’s control the majority more than all the rest .
So what they say goes.
Hope that’s helpful.
It’s also fair to say he has not been to a board meeting for years ( except the AGM.
Truth is always best !

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 02 Oct 2018, 23:53

Rich was part of our darkest hour in the recent past, but also part of, as said by Danny Boy, the path that brought us here.

Mistakes, probably, but in reality, no-one sets out to do a bad job. I have no inside information here, I know (knew really) I have been away for some years now Richard. Always found him a decent bloke.
Someone mentioned Dave Smart on an earlier post, enjoyed Dave's company at work and socially, a good bloke.

I will say this, the people when we were relegated and hanging on, in the positions they were, if it had worked out differently would have profited hugely, as well as when it didn't, didn't. So I would suggest that whatever people think of their performance in hindsight, there is no interest like self interest and they were trying to make it good.

Only thing that is consistent is change, on to tomorrow.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 03 Oct 2018, 09:45

Danny Boy wrote:I honestly think Richard Wright did what he thought was best for the club and would go as far as to say that, although the club were relegated under his internship, he made as sure as he could, that we made an immediate return to Superleague. He worked his socks off, but there were times when he could have delegated more than he did, but reckon trying to save the pennies cost the pounds. There have been others (who shall remain nameless) would have sunk the club, but without going into specifics, luckily, things worked out for us and I think RW played his part.
YES HE MADE MISTAKES BUT I ALWAYS THOUGHT HE HAD THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE CLUB AT HEART

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 03 Oct 2018, 10:01

I always found him approachable at events like the supporters club do's and at matches. He put his heart and soul into the club. He made mistakes but coaches did. Players did,. Other board members did as well.

Jack trusted him to do his best and I see no reason to doubt what Jack has done for the club.

Ultimately you want local people to run and own the club, knowing what we want. I don't want koucash at my club.