Richard Wright

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Danny Boy
Verified

Re: Richard Wright

Post by Danny Boy » 02 Oct 2018, 19:51

I honestly think Richard Wright did what he thought was best for the club and would go as far as to say that, although the club were relegated under his internship, he made as sure as he could, that we made an immediate return to Superleague. He worked his socks off, but there were times when he could have delegated more than he did, but reckon trying to save the pennies cost the pounds. There have been others (who shall remain nameless) would have sunk the club, but without going into specifics, luckily, things worked out for us and I think RW played his part.
Danny Boy

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 02 Oct 2018, 20:07

I understand that a loan has been repaid hence he will step down. He remains as a shareholder but has like the rest of us lost any say in the club.
The Fulton’s control the majority more than all the rest .
So what they say goes.
Hope that’s helpful.
It’s also fair to say he has not been to a board meeting for years ( except the AGM.
Truth is always best !

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 02 Oct 2018, 23:53

Rich was part of our darkest hour in the recent past, but also part of, as said by Danny Boy, the path that brought us here.

Mistakes, probably, but in reality, no-one sets out to do a bad job. I have no inside information here, I know (knew really) I have been away for some years now Richard. Always found him a decent bloke.
Someone mentioned Dave Smart on an earlier post, enjoyed Dave's company at work and socially, a good bloke.

I will say this, the people when we were relegated and hanging on, in the positions they were, if it had worked out differently would have profited hugely, as well as when it didn't, didn't. So I would suggest that whatever people think of their performance in hindsight, there is no interest like self interest and they were trying to make it good.

Only thing that is consistent is change, on to tomorrow.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 03 Oct 2018, 09:45

Danny Boy wrote:I honestly think Richard Wright did what he thought was best for the club and would go as far as to say that, although the club were relegated under his internship, he made as sure as he could, that we made an immediate return to Superleague. He worked his socks off, but there were times when he could have delegated more than he did, but reckon trying to save the pennies cost the pounds. There have been others (who shall remain nameless) would have sunk the club, but without going into specifics, luckily, things worked out for us and I think RW played his part.
YES HE MADE MISTAKES BUT I ALWAYS THOUGHT HE HAD THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE CLUB AT HEART

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 03 Oct 2018, 10:01

I always found him approachable at events like the supporters club do's and at matches. He put his heart and soul into the club. He made mistakes but coaches did. Players did,. Other board members did as well.

Jack trusted him to do his best and I see no reason to doubt what Jack has done for the club.

Ultimately you want local people to run and own the club, knowing what we want. I don't want koucash at my club.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 03 Oct 2018, 11:24

The Probiz man was the worst that darkened our door, all his dreams were built on false promises and self pr and a desire to purchase the club on the cheap.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 03 Oct 2018, 11:32

tallguyx wrote:The Probiz man was the worst that darkened our door, all his dreams were built on false promises and self pr and a desire to purchase the club on the cheap.
It would be good if someone could find and bump a thread of around that time, many current posters fell hook line and sinker for his bs

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Oct 2018, 11:34

the fake shiek bloody hell sends cold shivers over you
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

BCT
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Wheldon Road End - The side bit next to the main stand

Post by BCT » 03 Oct 2018, 12:58

alftupper wrote:
tallguyx wrote:The Probiz man was the worst that darkened our door, all his dreams were built on false promises and self pr and a desire to purchase the club on the cheap.
It would be good if someone could find and bump a thread of around that time, many current posters fell hook line and sinker

https://www.casforum.co.uk/forum/viewto ... =3&t=19149

There we go!
Cas Until I Die

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Oct 2018, 13:04

BCT wrote:
alftupper wrote:
It would be good if someone could find and bump a thread of around that time, many current posters fell hook line and sinker

There we go!
Wow
Vince Lombardi

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 03 Oct 2018, 13:23

tigerfeat wrote:
BCT wrote:
alftupper wrote:

There we go!
Wow
Hmmmm interesting read

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 03 Oct 2018, 13:35

:lol: thanks for digging that out

Some familiar posters on there were throwing themselves at his feet :lol:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 03 Oct 2018, 13:40

Of course everyone was optimistic at the start (who wouldn't be?!). However, a lot of us grew skeptical as time went on.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 03 Oct 2018, 13:46

alftupper wrote::lol: thanks for digging that out

Some familiar posters on there were throwing themselves at his feet :lol:
Hey up, look whos come out of the woodwork to sneer at good people who thought the best of a guy who had only been here 5 minutes, but guess what Alf??.........we haven't got enough time in the whole month to go through your legendary CRAP!!

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 03 Oct 2018, 13:53

Indeed the Feisal era was a debacle - all the Probiz companies are now dissolved. That was a dark period of ugly internal power struggle, speaking only from the outside, I have no particular insight.
We have to thank our lucky stars we didn't buy the magic beans, could be looking at a very different state now, if there was a state left to look at!

We criticise sometimes that we are too cautious, this is one instance where the caution was justified.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 03 Oct 2018, 15:30

HuddsTigers wrote:Of course everyone was optimistic at the start (who wouldn't be?!). However, a lot of us grew skeptical as time went on.
Not everyone. My dad straight away had him worked out, partly because we knew he buggerall cash!! I remember him getting super defensive when we quizzed him once about what it was he actually did.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 03 Oct 2018, 16:37

tallguyx wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Of course everyone was optimistic at the start (who wouldn't be?!). However, a lot of us grew skeptical as time went on.
Not everyone. My dad straight away had him worked out, partly because we knew he buggerall cash!! I remember him getting super defensive when we quizzed him once about what it was he actually did.
On the data of RW, the club was always £300-£400k short of the salary cap, this is not the case now due to the increase in central funding via the uprated sky TV deal. In addition, £300k had to be found to fund the second team.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 03 Oct 2018, 16:56

You say optimistic, I say naive and gullible.

A word of advice, if a Nigerian gentlemen ever contacts you with the promise of a large deposit into your bank account don’t give him your sort code and account number. :lol:

By the way didn’t Faisal mention he would be opening a club shop in Dubai or somewhere fairly early on... if I remember rightly everyone got very excited about that. Couldn’t make it up... oh sorry he did

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 03 Oct 2018, 17:25

There's a material difference between someone sponsoring a club especially if cash trades hands and fans believing that person has the club's interest at heart, and someone phishing you via email.

At the end of the day, it wasn't just us but Fax, Fev, Cas, Wigan and the RFL who had him as a sponsor at some point. It wasn't naive to trust someone and believe in their good intentions from the start. The good thing is that we never took the loan he offered to us.
Last edited by HuddsTigers on 03 Oct 2018, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Oct 2018, 17:32

I remember the rugby league having him at the world club challenge I think it was or some big game handing out the medals wearing his cas scarf :)
Vince Lombardi