TONIGHTS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: TONIGHTS GAME

Post by Scoopage » 29 Sep 2018, 06:39

HuddsTigers wrote:They had no Tomkins, Marshall, Isa, Leuluai, Burgess, Flower, O’Loughlin.

Missing almost as many as us.
Marshall isa Burgess our for season anyway so didn’t rest them

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 29 Sep 2018, 07:53

Wigan rested 4 with Tommy injured so not much different to what we did. They struggled to beat a poor Hull team.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 29 Sep 2018, 08:02

We now go in to next Friday either, with no momentum or we use last night as a benchmark that failure is not an option. I hope it's the latter.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Sep 2018, 08:05

I struggle to understand what the thinking was from Powell either send a very young team who will go full pelt or play the game like saints did who were getting themselves ready for a semi final , line speed well done on what it usually is players going through the motions waiting for the final whistle to sound I always thought playing the game in that manor was the best way to pick up injuries luckily that does not look like it happened on this occasion
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 29 Sep 2018, 08:27

I fear now, that Saints have a psychological advantage over us, should we meet them at Old Trafford. They've beaten us soundly 4 times this year, in the league and cup. We've not even managed to put in at least a decent performance. The aggregate score against them this season is 146-40. That's alarming.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Sep 2018, 08:34

I can only think we're wanting to go into the semi with everybody expecting Wigan to win and were going to pull out a worldly performance and send them packing can't see it mesen
Vince Lombardi

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 29 Sep 2018, 08:40

tigerfeat wrote:I struggle to understand what the thinking was from Powell either send a very young team who will go full pelt or play the game like saints did who were getting themselves ready for a semi final , line speed well done on what it usually is players going through the motions waiting for the final whistle to sound I always thought playing the game in that manor was the best way to pick up injuries luckily that does not look like it happened on this occasion
Tbh we seem to pick up as many injuries during the week's training as we do in the bloody games!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 29 Sep 2018, 09:00

heritage1926 wrote:I fear now, that Saints have a psychological advantage over us, should we meet them at Old Trafford. They've beaten us soundly 4 times this year, in the league and cup. We've not even managed to put in at least a decent performance. The aggregate score against them this season is 146-40. That's alarming.
Seem to remember that’s the same as what we did to Leeds last year

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 29 Sep 2018, 09:01

tigerfeat wrote:I struggle to understand what the thinking was from Powell either send a very young team who will go full pelt or play the game like saints did who were getting themselves ready for a semi final , line speed well done on what it usually is players going through the motions waiting for the final whistle to sound I always thought playing the game in that manor was the best way to pick up injuries luckily that does not look like it happened on this occasion
So it worked then

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 29 Sep 2018, 09:24

Negatives from last night - Attitude, defence, Attack.

Positives - Clare and Wardle pretty solid. Maher did ok.

Plenty going through the motions last night, I think it was clear why Webster and QLT will be leaving, not good enough.

Sts forwards bullied ours. Ref seemed to allow them to hold down much longer at the ruck, also allows me how plays act sxRed of Barba, one try in particular was pathetic.

More on and forget about it as Powell says, was slightly disappointed he never once mentioned the fans in his presser that did bother turning up to watch that dross!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Sep 2018, 09:28

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
So it worked then
By good luck than management...like I said don't get the thinking of what was occurring last night
Vince Lombardi

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 29 Sep 2018, 09:30

main concern for me is- do our lads believe they can beat saints?regardless we have a job to do against wigan first and saints have to beat wire.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 29 Sep 2018, 10:38

Usual stuffing by Saints. Is it now one win in 23 years against Saints away from Wheldon Road?

Just hope that Wire beat Saints, or another walloping forus is on the cards in the GF, if we get there. It`s becoming a mental thing now, and of serious concern. If Saints fielded a second X1 against us, they would still probably beat us. No doubt about it, they are our bogey side.

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 29 Sep 2018, 10:43

Truman limped off on 50 mins

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 29 Sep 2018, 10:52

Let's give cas the benefit of the doubt in this one.the Wigan game every player needs to be at there best and tuned in.we need to vary our attacking play so it's not robotic and predictable,we need some element of surprise plays.i don't think Wigan are as good as saints so it is a little less hard.no matter what happens next week I suppose we havnt done badly finishing 3rd with all the injuries,but one things for sure if cas think they can get away with not signing a quality centre on then its gona backfire on them just like the full back fiasco did.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 29 Sep 2018, 11:25

classysupercas3 wrote:Let's give cas the benefit of the doubt in this one.the Wigan game every player needs to be at there best and tuned in.we need to vary our attacking play so it's not robotic and predictable,we need some element of surprise plays.i don't think Wigan are as good as saints so it is a little less hard.no matter what happens next week I suppose we havnt done badly finishing 3rd with all the injuries,but one things for sure if cas think they can get away with not signing a quality centre on then its gona backfire on them just like the full back fiasco did.
We need a proper quality centre that's for sure. I'm not buying this Minikin lark for 2019 from DP.

If it means we get rid of Aston, Maher & Springer to have one then so be it. Also QLT is going

Dont need Aston
Maher never going to be a SL player
Springer we may miss i guess if injuries hit

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 29 Sep 2018, 11:36

fords wrote:
classysupercas3 wrote:Let's give cas the benefit of the doubt in this one.the Wigan game every player needs to be at there best and tuned in.we need to vary our attacking play so it's not robotic and predictable,we need some element of surprise plays.i don't think Wigan are as good as saints so it is a little less hard.no matter what happens next week I suppose we havnt done badly finishing 3rd with all the injuries,but one things for sure if cas think they can get away with not signing a quality centre on then its gona backfire on them just like the full back fiasco did.
We need a proper quality centre that's for sure. I'm not buying this Minikin lark for 2019 from DP.

If it means we get rid of Aston, Maher & Springer to have one then so be it. Also QLT is going

Dont need Aston
Maher never going to be a SL player
Springer we may miss i guess if injuries hit
100% agree. I would be up for grabbing 2 centres. And another reliable front rower.
Gale, Trueman, Roberts, Ellis, Mcshane give us plenty of option/cover at halfback.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 29 Sep 2018, 11:55

classysupercas3 wrote:Truman limped off on 50 mins
lets hope he is ok we will struggle with out him

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 29 Sep 2018, 12:03

Ikahihifo being shipped around. Get rid of Gadwin sign that lad up!!

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 29 Sep 2018, 13:30

Casmoley wrote:Ikahihifo being shipped around. Get rid of Gadwin sign that lad up!!
Think he could end up at Hull or Leeds if they can squeeze him in a quota place.